• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

£520 in the end. Not too bad considering it was the big service, I've paid more. Bike is still running fine, those boxer engines are built to last.

I had a nose at both the R1200RS and the rNineT Urban Enduro. Both those bikes are way up on my shortlist for my next ride.

Yeah that's not too bad.

Just paid almost 3500 for a big service for the Boxster :S. That did include preventative measures to upgrade the cooling system and new tires, but it still hurt.

Gave the Firebolt a wash.
(Click for full size)

srnQ7qA.jpg

Went out on it, but it was pretty dead where we went.

Fuck yeah. Looks good man. Doesn't look like it has much wear on it at all. Don't ride in winter either right?

Had some time over the weekend and very nice weather to get out and capture a little video of the BMW Scrambler ride by's and sound. It was just a great weekend for riding. Sunny and no wind.

https://youtu.be/L1Rc0d9CDY4

Missed this earlier, very nice!

Dougald

Just paid almost 3500 for a big service for the Boxster :S. That did include preventative measures to upgrade the cooling system and new tires, but it still hurt.

Fuuuck. That's why I drive a Dacia that cost half of that brand new and leave the fun to two wheels (that and I can't afford the Porsche, lol)

Dougald

There is northing particularly fun about driving a Sandero though, I'll tell you that. But it's a car, it hasn't broken on me yet, and my dog can destroy the interior without me worrying

The rNineT urban GS launches this weekend. Gonna see if I can get a test ride this summer (I'd go this weekend but I just had my wisdom teeth out and can't ride for a few days). If I bought one I'd have to do what max did with his scrambler and fit some more appropriate tyres, though.

There is northing particularly fun about driving a Sandero though, I'll tell you that. But it's a car, it hasn't broken on me yet, and my dog can destroy the interior without me worrying

The rNineT urban GS launches this weekend. Gonna see if I can get a test ride this summer (I'd go this weekend but I just had my wisdom teeth out and can't ride for a few days). If I bought one I'd have to do what max did with his scrambler and fit some more appropriate tyres, though.

Ooh yes, also the Maidenhead branch has 30% off on clothing this weekend.

Watevaman

Spent some time doing minor things on the rex yesterday. Finally removed the terrible orange sticker from the fork, added a plate for my vehicle inspection sticker, and flipped the eccentrics so now the rear is about an inch or so higher. Should make the bike a bit more nimble in tight turns, but I haven't had a chance to take it out so we'll see if I like it this morning.

Also cleaned the front sprocket area because it was looking like this:

dirtysprocket_by_watevaman-dbbhz5m.jpg

And then added the piece de resistance:

hangingdonatello_by_watevaman-dbbhz5i.jpg

Yup, 2015 Scout. Polaris seems pretty committed to the revival of the brand and the bikes they make are pretty damn good. Nice competition for HD.

Had a great time at Bahnstormer in Maidenhead on Saturday. The new Urban GS looks awesome and sounds so sweet with the stock can.

Here are some pic's

Di9Ypug.jpg

hfNMiyK.jpg

Here is the new 2017 s1000r rocket

QUzpX8F.jpg

And also a nice custom rNineT

dkDdgXX.jpg

Enjoy

Dougald

Did you get a chance to ride the Urban GS? I really wanted to head down but my face is so swollen from having my wisdom teeth out my helmet won't even fit on my head right now

I had a peek at it on Wednesday night as they had it outside. Very nice. I am tempted by one next year...

The big problem for me is that its got the heavy knobby tyres on. When I test rode my scrambler it was not a great experience on those tyres. I will test ride one when they replace those tyres.

The seating position feels great, I did feel that the bike had a mean feel and look. I did eye out the little screen and the guys told me that you can order them and it would fit perfectly on my scrambler. There are also handguards on the way.

Dougald

I looked on the BMW site and it seems like that the off-road tyres are an option when you get the spoke wheels, you can also choose the standard ones. That would be a no brainer for me

Yes that is true, spoke wheels comes with those tyres. I wanted the spoke wheels are they look right with the bike and I think that would be the same for the GS. They did do me a good deal on a new set up tourance tyres and the new knobby tyres I took home and sold them on ebay for a great price.

Hope your swelling goes down. I had mine done a few years back and man it was hell

So they just poured new brake fluid in and didnt bleed?
That sounds dumb as fuck.
Tell them I said they're dumb.
Just bleed it yourself man, it's easy, you just need a length of tube that fits the bleed nipple.

Open, squeeze, shut, release.
Repeat until done.

They sucked out the liquid from the reservoirs and put in new fluid.

I really need to start working on my bike, I'll get the tools and get down and dirty with it soon. I feel like it will be such a rewarding feeling.

nico1982

Gear peg fell off during my commute today... so annoying and uncomfortable to change gears without it.
Ouch.

Early this week I rode 15 km before realizing that a piece of the stand - Abbas' SBK, nice suggestion I got from this very thread, by the way - was still plugged in the frame. I reached for the rear brake, my feet found the leftover piece and I was like "WTF who replaced the lever?" XD

Gritesh

Leaving edmonton Alberta tomorrow morning on my superduke 1290 heading south to Montana over to idaho then down to Oregon over to Washington back up through British Columbia and then home. Should be close to 6000kms all said and done.

Can't wait I'm so excited!!!

StuffRuff

Just got back from the TT yesterday on the Blackbird and it didn't miss a beat! I had been a bit skeptical the deal was a bit too good to be true, but other than running quite hot in traffic (~115C which apparently is normal for the Fi birds) it was perfect! Had some great rides on the Mountain Road section as well. Got so close to the riders on one of the straights it was a little bit unbelievable. Definitely recommend it to anyone thinking about it! Is expensive to get over there though mind.

Dougald

Just got back from the TT yesterday on the Blackbird and it didn't miss a beat! I had been a bit skeptical the deal was a bit too good to be true, but other than running quite hot in traffic (~115C which apparently is normal for the Fi birds) it was perfect! Had some great rides on the Mountain Road section as well. Got so close to the riders on one of the straights it was a little bit unbelievable. Definitely recommend it to anyone thinking about it! Is expensive to get over there though mind.

I am so jealous! I'm desperate to go, but the ferry is so expensive and books up so fast, and you end up paying hotel prices just to camp

Any photos from your stay?

StuffRuff

I am so jealous! I'm desperate to go, but the ferry is so expensive and books up so fast, and you end up paying hotel prices just to camp

Any photos from your stay?

Will get some uploaded! Truth be told I lucked out and got a last minute offer off of someone from our main group of riders who couldnt make it anymore so it was not too much of a hit on the wallet but I think they all paid nearly £300 each for the ferry and that was at pretty crap times. Definitely not a cheap trip!

Dougald

Will get some uploaded! Truth be told I lucked out and got a last minute offer off of someone from our main group of riders who couldnt make it anymore so it was not too much of a hit on the wallet but I think they all paid nearly £300 each for the ferry and that was at pretty crap times. Definitely not a cheap trip!

It's crazy, for £300 I could fly there and back from Gatwick with my wife. But it wouldn't be the same without a bike.

I guess there's not much more they can do though, it's a small island, and they can't really buy more boats given the demand the rest of the year wouldn't be anywhere near as high

Can you fucking believe I broke down on my commute today? The end of my clutch cable broke separating it from the handle. I was stick in fourth gear...

Ordered a replacement and hopefully can fix it over the weekend.

The stock clutch cable is such shit on Indians. I hate how these manufacturers that make these amazing engines will go cheqp on the side stuff like cables and turn signals.

The oem part I ordered is apparently better than indian's.

Dougald

Fuck me, that's two breakdowns in two days? Not exactly an endorsement of American bikes. It's lucky it's so damn good looking
I own a Ducati so I know all about looks excusing questionable design choices

Fuck me, that's two breakdowns in two days? Not exactly an endorsement of American bikes. It's lucky it's so damn good looking
I own a Ducati so I know all about looks excusing questionable design choices
Are you talking about when my peg fell off?
That didn't end my trip, just makes changing gears annoying. Did someone else break down recently?

I think indian and Harley will outsource all the odds and ends on their bikes. Really not a good look for them. Funny how when a new model comes out they will then boast about having better cables and turn signals. Shit should of been good to begin with on this expensive ass bikes.

Dougald

Yeah, I mean the peg. At least they're only incidentals, my last two bikes I've had:

- The tank sliding off my Ducati due to stupid design decisions
- The alternator frying itself TWICE on my Triumph

Japanese bikes for the win. The 5 bikes I've owned over the past ~10 years were were Japanese and have been super reliable. Even my 1993 Shadow VLX needed very little work.

My dad's 2001 Harley Fatboy has been very reliable also. Only been in the shop once just to find out that the battery that was less than 1 year old had gone bad.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
What the hell, how long are you supposed to have that on there?

The Lunatic plate ("L" plate) until I get my next license stage (Goes Learners, Probationary, Full in Australia) so for me at least 3 months maybe a little more.

That wasn't the main issue though, the whole bracket that sat down and far back was fugly so I had to do something about it.

Just look at it *vomit*
2015-Yamaha-WR450F-EU-Racing-Blue-Studio-006.jpg

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
That is such a nice bike that 450. Great punch in that engine. Good luck with the license

I don't think it's something that should be learner approved especially when uncorked. 3rd gear power wheelies with taller highway gearing.

And thanks, absolutely aced the learners side of the test (need a 2 day course to even get learners permit here in victoria/australia). Now just need a "check ride" and an "assessment ride" (about $400 all up for those 2) and then I'll be a P plate hoon haha

One problem having a very low fender is that getting the bike up on the stand can be a pain. Otherwise I far prefer stock look for this stuff most of the time--the clipped, trimmed-up rears always look unbalanced to me.

Top Bottom