• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2009 – The best year of Wii EVAR!! (Games pics and movies)

Dascu said:
I like how you know the exact price and content of Punch-Out Wii.

Could you tell me how many stages Sin&Punishment 2 will have while you're at it?

Your missing the point entirely. It's not about the price point, it’s about having an epic, high production game that meets the standards of 2008/09 like Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros. ect.

Anyway, I'm off to go replay Mario Galaxy with Luigi since my Wii needs some lovin.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
DancingJesus said:
Your missing the point entirely. It's not about the price point, it’s about having an epic, high production game that meets the standards of 2008/09 like Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros. ect.

Anyway, I'm off to go replay Mario Galaxy with Luigi since my Wii needs some lovin.
People love Punch-Out. Punch-Out is not an epic game. I think the fact that it is getting a sequel is huge.

farnham

Banned
DancingJesus said:
Are you seriously pinning Endless Ocean 2 as a big release for hardcore gamers? Wow you guys are desperate..

Throwing frisbee's to dogs doesn't sound exactly fun to me.

Pikmin 3 doesn't have a release date so I don't really know why it's on that list.

Punch Out is not worth $60. Sure it may be fun for a half hour or so, but there isn't much depth to it at all. It certainly isn't a meaty Nintendo release.
wtf get out

I loved Endless Ocean 1

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
DancingJesus said:

Mind you, Sin and Punishment 2 is looking to be that game, at least for this year.

And, again, awesome third party lineup. People always bitch that Nintendo consoles are only good for Nintendo games, but the moment we get good third party titles they start bitching that we don't have enough first party ones.

DancingJesus said:
My point was that it wasn't worth full price.
Are you joking? I would gladly pay 50 dollars for the NES version.

RegulusTera said:
And, again, awesome third party lineup. People always bitch that Nintendo consoles are only good for Nintendo games, but the moment we get good third party titles they start bitching that we don't have enough first party ones.
One thing I've noticed that people seem to think that the third party support for Wii is weak, because its big hitters aren't the usual suspects like FF or GTA, but instead smaller (but still fairly well-known) series like Monster Hunter and House of the Dead. I view that as more of a positive thing, since those titles now have a better chance of being thrust into prominence, like what happened with ToS on the GameCube.

DancingJesus said:
Reggie said for himself not to expect anything for a long time. Plus, Nintendo always announces their games way in advance, (Metroid Prime 3/ Super Smash Brawl) They were at E3 nearly 2 years in advance. I'm basing my disapointment on the list in this topic and their current planned lineup.

1. Im sure Reggie was refering to 08. (hell, I think he said that before the Oct event . . . just like when they told people to GTFO with these "new DS" rumors not too long ago)

2. You aint been paying attention if you think it's still Nintendo's plan to hype things to the sky long before release. I can guaran-fucking-tee you that we wont hear anything about P-O or S&P2 till they are close to release. Much like how MK was seen in a trailer at E3 and got a media blow out (and a confirmed release date) afew months before release.

(As for Pikmin, all we know is that theres a new one in the works. They have not released any media/ formal announcement/ info or jack about it. So we really can't assume that to be a 09 title for right now. Could get it's formal announcement and release of media in mid/ late 09 so that it has a late09/ early 10 release for all we know)

3. You lost all your cred with that "I buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games" bit. If you want to be part of the problem and not pay any mind to 3rd parties than your the one to blame if your Wii doesn't get played as much as you would like.

Black-Wind said:
1. Im sure Reggie was refering to 08. (hell, I think he said that before the Oct event . . . just like when they told people to GTFO with these "new DS" rumors not too long ago)

. You lost all your cred with that "I buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games" bit. If you want to be part of the problem and not pay any mind to 3rd parties than your the one to blame if your Wii doesn't get played as much as you would like.

Please show me all the AAA Third party games on Wii that I "need" to buy, cause I'm really not seeing them. The only third party games that are remotely close to the caliber of Nintendo Games are Capcom's Zack and Wiki and RE4 in which I own both of those. But other than that, there is a reason why I buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, it’s because they make the best games for the console. Just take a look at metacritic and you'll see what I mean.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
DancingJesus said:
Please show me all the AAA Third party games on Wii that I "need" to buy, cause I'm really not seeing them. The only third party games that are remotely close to the caliber of Nintendo Games are Capcom's Zack and Wiki and RE4 in which I own both of those. But other than that, there is a reason why I buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, it’s because they make the best games for the console. Just take a look at metacritic and you'll see what I mean.

Just because Nintendo makes the best games on their own console (probably because of knowing the hardware better than anyone) that does not mean you should ignore others' offerings.

Yes, we haven't got anything on the scale of FF or Dead Rising, and that will probably not change for until 2009, but there's enough enjoyable stuff from third to be purchased. The first two games I can think of are Mega Man 9 and World of Goo, which rank very highly in metacritic anyway.

You should look at some of the examples in this list.

dk_

Haunted said:
SP.jpg

PunchOut.jpg

EndlessOcean2.jpg

wiiss93.jpg

pikmin_3.jpg

Obviously not.
You're sure (besides Punch Out)?

DancingJesus said:
Reggie said for himself not to expect anything for a long time. Plus, Nintendo always announces their games way in advance, (Metroid Prime 3/ Super Smash Brawl) They were at E3 nearly 2 years in advance. I'm basing my disapointment on the list in this topic and their current planned lineup.

Where have you been the last 3 years?

DancingJesus said:
Please show me all the AAA Third party games on Wii that I "need" to buy, cause I'm really not seeing them.

tatunoko32.jpg

61331520081003_182709_3_big.jpg

hotdo.jpg

79270_nin_326_122_682lo.jpg

You know the gaming community is in trouble when people some how think that "big production" = more quality.

I also love how you moved from "Nintendo isn't releasing any big games in '09" to "there aren't any "AAA" third party games coming up". When that really didn't have to do with anything in his quote.

DancingJesus said:
Just take a look at metacritic and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah review scores are awesome. I love not thinking for myself. I only play games if other people like them. I don't form my own opinion.

Flying_Phoenix said:
Where have you been the last 3 years?
Right here?

Metroid Prime Corruption revealed at Nintendo's Media Release at the E3 2006 trade show.

Super Smash Bros Brawl was announced at E3 2005

So, I don't really see your point.

Flying_Phoenix said:
You know the gaming community is in trouble when people some how think that "big production" = more quality.

Why should I pay $50 for something that has shitty graphics, scale and sound when I could use that same $50 to buy one that has all those as well as amazing gameplay.

Flying_Phoenix said:
I also love how you moved from "Nintendo isn't releasing any big games in '09" to "there aren't any "AAA" third party games coming up". When that really didn't have to do with anything in his quote.

Huh? I'm responding to the numerous people who suggested to get Third Party games instead of Nintendo Games. I made my opinions clear about what I want from Nintendo, I was legitimately asking you guys what you think are the other best offerings

Flying_Phoenix said:
Yeah review scores are awesome. I love not thinking for myself. I only play games if other people like them. I don't form my own opinion.

I'm a college student, I can't afford to buy and try every game under the sun, that's why I rely on game reviews (that's why they exist). And for the most part I agree with 1up and Gametrailers spot on.

DancingJesus said:
Right here?

Metroid Prime Corruption revealed at Nintendo's Media Release at the E3 2006 trade show.

They've changed their announcement policy few months ago. :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pretty sure DancingJesus is a joke account.

I mean, we all have known for a while about Nintendo's new release policy, and $60 for Wii games? :lol Yeah, joke account.

MarkusRJR

Flying_Phoenix said:
c_l1223300906_5.jpg

MadWorld-1.jpg

TatsunokovsCapcom.jpg

monster_hunter_3.jpg

57081520081009_052058_1_big.jpg

It seems more like an A/AA game to me but everyone is going seemingly in love with it, so I thought I should add it

121173.jpg

It's not confirmed that Nintendo is bringing it over, thus I am still considering it a third party game until we find out who the US publisher will be.

Overkill.jpg

ToM.jpg

newbeamkatana_1223591629.jpg

Fixed.

Also, some already released 3rd party games would include (that are in my opinion AA/AAA games):
-Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
-Boom Blox
-De Blob
-No More Heroes
-Okami
-Megaman 9
-World of Goo
-Lost Winds
-Zack & Wiki
-Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
-Trauma Center: New Blood/Second Opinion
-BlastWorks
-Guitar Hero 3/World Tour
-Geometry Wars: Galaxies

Still though, I'd have to agree that the Xbox 360/PS3 have must better third party games. But you shouldn't limit yourself to only "AAA" games anyways (no matter what console), as you will always end up missing out on the majority of "cult classics" and "hidden gems".

Andrex said:
Pretty sure DancingJesus is a joke account.

I mean, we all have known for a while about Nintendo's new release policy, and $60 for Wii games? :lol Yeah, joke account.

Did you even read what I said?
You are beyond reasoning with since you don't even bother to read my points about third party games.

This is how you correctly respond with class and maturity:
Regulus Tera said:
Just because Nintendo makes the best games on their own console (probably because of knowing the hardware better than anyone) that does not mean you should ignore others' offerings.

Yes, we haven't got anything on the scale of FF or Dead Rising, and that will probably not change for until 2009, but there's enough enjoyable stuff from third to be purchased. The first two games I can think of are Mega Man 9 and World of Goo, which rank very highly in metacritic anyway.

You should look at some of the examples in this list.

Also, Flying_Phoenix said, where have you been the last three years? I showed him Nintendo's policies in the past three years. I don't follow Nintendo's every move and wait with baited breath to hear their release policies. I mean cmon..

Secondly, I do know what prices the games are. I made a simple mistake since I have not purchased a Wii game in a while. I can give you my friend code if you don't believe I have a Wii..

BDGAME

In the next update I Want to change the Taito Drum Master image. But I don't know which image I use.:

tai10.jpg

tai06.jpg

tai09.jpg

What is the best?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
DancingJesus said:
This is how you correctly respond with class and maturity:

I'm a helper!

BDGAME said:
In the next update I Want to change the Taito Drum Master image. But I don't know which image I use.

What is the best?

The Doraemon one. Doraemon makes everything better.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anticitizen One said:
Are Fatal Frame 4, Sin & Punishment 2, and the Odin Sphere followup coming to america?

FF4 = Maybe, complicated due to Tecmo

S&P2 = Yes, being made solely because of good Western S&P1 sales on VC

Muramasa = Yes, confirmed by Nintendo Power a few months ago

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Andrex said:
FF4 = Maybe, complicated due to Tecmo

S&P2 = Yes, being made solely because of good Western S&P1 sales on VC

Muramasa = Yes, confirmed by Nintendo Power a few months ago
FF4 really needs to come here with better, non-crappy controls.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Fantastical said:
FF4 really needs to come here with better, non-crappy controls.

I'd rather have the game-breaking gitches fixed.

And the reviews have been good, Edge gave it an 8.

Either way it's apparently coming to Europe, so an NA release's chances seem pretty good.

DancingJesus said:
Right here?

Why should I pay $50 for something that has shitty graphics, scale and sound when I could use that same $50 to buy one that has all those as well as amazing gameplay.

Huh? I'm responding to the numerous people who suggested to get Third Party games instead of Nintendo Games. I made my opinions clear about what I want from Nintendo, I was legitimately asking you guys what you think are the other best offerings

I'm a college student, I can't afford to buy and try every game under the sun, that's why I rely on game reviews (that's why they exist). And for the most part I agree with 1up and Gametrailers spot on.

I'm not even going to bother.

Yaceka said:
Fixed.

Also, some already released 3rd party games would include (that are in my opinion AA/AAA games):
-Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
-Boom Blox
-De Blob
-No More Heroes
-Okami
-Megaman 9
-World of Goo
-Lost Winds
-Zack & Wiki
-Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
-Trauma Center: New Blood/Second Opinion
-BlastWorks
-Guitar Hero 3/World Tour
-Geometry Wars: Galaxies

Still though, I'd have to agree that the Xbox 360/PS3 have must better third party games. But you shouldn't limit yourself to only "AAA" games anyways (no matter what console), as you will always end up missing out on the majority of "cult classics" and "hidden gems".

I was only going to list "big" games from third parties that are exclusives as well.

DancingJesus said:
I showed him Nintendo's policies in the past three years. I don't follow Nintendo's every move and wait with baited breath to hear their release policies.
Wario Land was only announced a couple of months before its Japanese release.

Animal Crossing only had four months' advance. Punch-Out!! is scheduled for the first half of 09, so at most it was announced just eight months before its release.

It's not something that Nintendo has adopted three years ago, it's more of a recent trend.

I'm glad that you're willing to look past a game's shitty graphics, scale, and sound if it has amazing gameplay.

I think you worded that wrong

I'm responding to the numerous people who suggested to get Third Party games instead of Nintendo Games.
I'm not sure if anyone is actually suggesting to buy third party games instead of Nintendo games. However, while Nintendo consoles generally have a stronger leaning to first party titles, that doesn't mean that third party efforts should be wholly ignored.

BDGAME

The least updates:

UPDATE IN 27/11 - new Fragile and Drum Master screens. New game: Icarian (wiiware)
UPDATE IN 01/12 - new FF EoT release date. New game: Eternity's Child. New pic to Sonic and B.K
UPDATE IN 02/12 - new games: Sam and Max: Season 2, Ready 2 Rumble, Ghostbusters and QJ
UPDATE IN 03/12 - new games: PES 2009, DK: Jungle Beat, Shootanto and Evasive Space Video
UPDATE IN 05/12 - new game:Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Old Screen:
c20080801_fragile_06_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

New screen:
214.jpg

Sonic and the Black Knight
Old Screen:
SonicandtheBlackKnight.jpg

New Screen:
0000180069.jpg

Evasive Space - New video:
video: http://thewiire.com/blog/post/5828-exclusive-first-evasive-space-video-from-high-voltage
955081_20081119_screen020.jpg

New games:

Ready 2 Rumble: Revolution - Release Date: May 19, 2009
Published by: Atari, Developed by: AKI Corporation, Genre: Figthing
video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43304.html
1.jpg

Ghostbuster - Release Date: june, 2009
Published by: Atari, Developed by: Atari, Genre: Action/Adventure
video: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=zFGi3ub9sX0&feature=related
1463_0003.jpg

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat - Wii Make Release Date : TBA 2009
Published by: Nintendo, Developed by: Nintendo, Genre: Adventure Platformer
Donko Kongo Jungaro beeto' videru: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43235.html
140301.jpg

Mizuguchi's "QJ" (Project name) - Release Date : TBA
Published by: Atari, Developed by: Q Entertainment, Genre: rhythm game
Every-extend-extra.jpg

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Release Date : Spring 2009
Published by: Konami, Developed by: Konami, Genre: Soccer
video: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=6MyG2oQoKwk
143686.jpg

Sam and Max: Season 2 - Release Date: TBA 2009
Published by: Atari, Developed by: Telltale Games, Genre: Point & Click Adventure
video: http://www.wiiz.fr/article.php?a=21227
ep201_ahhh.jpg

Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis - Realese Date: TBA 2009
Published by: Deep Silver, Developed by: keen games, Genre: Point & Click Adventure
video: http://www.baixakijogos.com.br/wii/secret-files-2-puritas-cordis/videos/12971.html
800x600_prop.jpg

New Wiiware games:

ICARIAN: KINDRED SPIRITS - Release Date: TBA 2009
Published by: -, Developed by: Over the Top, Genre: Platformer
site: http://www.icariangame.com/icarian/en/index.html
screen2.jpg

Eternity's Child - Release Date: sometime in 2009
Published by: Alten8, Developed by: Silver Sphere Studio, Genre: Platformer
video: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=VgPdsUATH-8
large.jpg

Shootanto - Release Date: TBA 2009 EUA (December 9 in Japan)
Published by: -, Developed by: Grand Prix, Genre: shoot
stt05.jpg

That's all for this week. Now I want to know: Is there a game on that list that should not be there?

I only will remove 1 game, If the majority of you want.

Azure J

Icarian: Kindred Spirits and Eternity's Child for the motherfucking 2D platforming win. Looks like this thread gets a subscription from me since I didn't even know about these games.

Haunted

BDGAME said:
The least updates:

Ready 2 Rumble: Revolution - Release Date: May 19, 2009
Published by: Atari, Developed by: AKI Corporation, Genre: Figthing
video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43304.html
1.jpg
Oh, fuck yeah. R2R is one of my favourite fighting franchises and I trust syn Sophia (formerly known as AKI). This + Punch-Out Wii + FN Round 4 = 2009 is the year of boxing games. Awesome, just awesome.

BDGAME said:
Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis - Realese Date: TBA 2009
Published by: Deep Silver, Developed by: keen games, Genre: Point & Click Adventure
video: http://www.baixakijogos.com.br/wii/secret-files-2-puritas-cordis/videos/12971.html
800x600_prop.jpg
If you guys haven't had the chance to play the PC version yet (is it even out anywhere else except Germany?). Definitely check this one out - along with Still Life and the first Secret Files one of the best serious point n click games I've played in the last couple years. Way ahead of the Sokal games (Syberia 2/Paradise) and the Agatha Christie titles in terms of puzzles, also better than Runaway. Seriously, check it out if you're a point n click fan.

Dascu

AzureJericho said:
Something I need to know, otherwise don't kill the little kid in me, please...?

I miss 2D platforming. :'(
Let's just say it probably won't be as good as it may look.

Tenbatsu

Games I am getting next year
1. Monster Hunter 3 (Jap Ver)
2. Tatsunoko Vs Capcom (Next Week!:)
3. MadWorld
4. Tenchu 4: Shadow Assassins
5. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
6. Dead Rising
7. Trace Memory R
8. Arc Rise Fantasia
9. Fragile
10. Little King's Story
11. Endless Ocean 2: Beautiful Ocean
12. Ougon no Kizuna
13. Sin and Punishment 2
14. Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
15. Disaster: Days of Crisis
16. The House of the Dead: Overkill
17. The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces
18. Wii Sports Resort
19. Punch-Out!
20. Muramasa: The Demon Blade
21. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

1. No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle

KIV
1. Cosmic Walker
2. Sonic and the Black Knight
3. Dynamic Slash
4. Spawn Smasher
5. Let's Tap
6. Tales of --- (a mothership Tales title )

BDGAME

Dascu said:
What is this and why does it look awesome?

It's a shooter, but believe, it's not look too good. I choose the beast picture and the rest look like a poor DC game. But a prehistoric shooter is a cool idea, and for that, I believe this game deserve be here.

Look more pics and jap-info here: http://www.gp-games.com/products/stt_past/shootanto_top.html

Dascu said:
Let's just say it probably won't be as good as it may look.

The producers say they delay the Wii version to fix the PC bugs and make this game work better. So, for now, let's waiting and see.

swerve said:
Don't do that.

Sorry, I not resist. :D

fushi said:
Ehehe.

BDGAME, it's Sandlot actually.

Fixed. Thanks!

If Dynamic Slash turns out to be just like EDF except with mythological creatures instead of aliens and swords instead of guns it will be my pick for best game of 2k9.

BDGAME said:
Mad World – Release Date: Q1 2009
Published by: SEGA, Developed by: Platinum Games, Genre: Action
Video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38706.html
MadWorld-1.jpg

Capcom VS Tatsunoko - Release Date: TBA 2009 (December 2008 in Japan)
Published by: Capcom, Developed by: Capcom, Genre: Fighter
Video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/286372.html
TatsunokovsCapcom.jpg

...[/quote=BDGAME]

these two are guaranteed get for me. (gotta secure a 2nd classic controller :p)
I am interested in Punch-Out but I will wait and see on that one.

Ikael

Wii's taking off has delayed a lot. I mean, it is already 3 years of being the biggest selling console ever, for Crhist sake. But it is happening, at freaking last. I mean:

Day one
Sin and punishment 2
Punch out 2
Mad World
Little king story

Looking after it
House of the dead
Obororo Murasama
Lets tap
Tatsunoko
Klonoa

Not to mention the other promising games that they will probably wont arrive until 2010 (NMH2, Michihguzi's new project, etc).

Awesome line up and most importantly, filled with new sagas, new titles and original games. That's exactly what I hoped that the Wii would become, and I am glad for that - even if it is arriving wayyyyyy latter than it should be.

*Guaraná

Banned
i sold my Wii to get a 360 and I don't regret it. but next year I'll get a Wii again for sure.

Hey BDGames, post this thread at vgBR.com man.

Top Bottom