• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2009 – The best year of Wii EVAR!! (Games pics and movies)

BDGAME said:
ICARIAN: KINDRED SPIRITS - Release Date: TBA 2009
Published by: -, Developed by: Over the Top, Genre: Platformer
site: http://www.icariangame.com/icarian/en/index.html
screen2.jpg
Never heard of it, but I will be there. 2d ftw

Kenka

I wonder why people go on listing Arc Rise Fantasia. It looks like a random j-rpg, like the ones we have been playing in the last ten years are so. It doesn't seem to have anything special.

I wonder how many Wii will be sold in Japan thanks to Monster Hunter 3. But Nintendo better hurry giving more strong third-party franchises to its console it it doesn't want MH3 to remain alone in the heart of core. Silent Hill, Gundam, Final Fantasy (insert number), Yakuza and Musou are probably what is needed to gather the core around the Wii.

Dascu

Kenka said:
I wonder why people go on listing Arc Rise Fantasia. It looks like a random j-rpg, like the ones we have been playing in the last ten years are so. It doesn't seem to have anything special.

I wonder how many Wii will be sold in Japan thanks to Monster Hunter 3. But Nintendo better hurry giving more strong third-party franchises to its console it it doesn't want MH3 to remain alone in the heart of core. Silent Hill, Gundam, Final Fantasy (insert number), Yakuza and Musou are probably what is needed to gather the core around the Wii.
Musou's coming, as in Samurai Warriors 3.

Kenka said:

I think you'll find it's mostly because of the huge deficit of good JRPGs on the system, or any JRPGs for that matter. And at the very least it does look nice and colourful. I doubt it'll be a must-have title or anything, but it's more promising than most 3rd party Wii games regardless. Marvelous have been fantastic on Wii so far.

*Guaraná

Banned
i can't remember the last time I played a good j-rpg on any system.

look like they are stuck on time... nothing new since FFVIII...

Kenka said:

image epoch and mitsuda on sound don't make it a random jrpg!

Ydahs

Kenka said:

Well, since there's a lack of JRPGs on all three consoles, it's a welcome. It looks decent and seems to have an interesting storyline. The battle system also seems to be quite unique.

Hopefully it sells decently so Image Epoch can continue their Wii RPG support. We know that the Wii is getting the next main entry in the Tales series, so the Wii is slowly building up its RPG titles.

As for the next big hit in Japan, maybe SE will decide to put the next DQ on Wii, since they do support the most popular console! If Crystal Bearers still exists, that'd be nice, though we haven't heard about it in a year or so... as it stands right now, SE Wii support is abysmal, but I can see it changing somewhat in 2009.

I still think Capcom will develop a new RE game for Wii, probably an RE5 spin off or REUC 2. Capcom is a smart company and it'd be stupid of them to stop their RE Wii support after two million sellers. If they do make an REUC 2, it'd probably come out in 2009, but a spin off of RE5 will take longer to develop.

Ydahs

Ydahs said:
As for the next big hit in Japan, maybe SE will decide to put the next DQ on Wii, since they do support the most popular console! If Crystal Bearers still exists, that'd be nice, though we haven't heard about it in a year or so... as it stands right now, SE Wii support is abysmal, but I can see it changing somewhat in 2009.
:D

It would be better if all of these games didnt have dates as TBA or just Q1

But I am planning to get

Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Arc Rise Fantasia
Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon //if it comes in USA
Sonic and the Black Knight

Animales de la muere

*I am more shocked in the titles from Muramasa, Arc Rise, and Fragile. If they all come out in 2009 then I will finally be able to end my one year hiatus on touching my Wii (since buying and beating Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, I havent touched it).

Fragile looks nice, is it by the same ones who worked on Eternal Sonata? And do we not have anymore info on Muramasa?

vareon

Kenka said:

Looks like Nintendo listened to you :lol

Too bad DQX is nowhere near 2009, but I hope the announcement alone is a signal for other JRPG developers to jump in.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The-Switcher said:
DQX on the Wii?

Well, Sony and Microsoft can pretty much pack their stuff up in Japan at this point, and focus elsewhere.

elsewhere where exactly ? Mars or Jupiter ? I bet the green alines and their DSs can't find any Wii out there too , unless you mean they should try somewhere else on planet earth then LOL

BDGAME

UPDATE IN 08/12 - new game: Sorcery Blade (Wiiware)
UPDATE IN 10/12 - new game: Dragon Quest X
UPDATE IN 11/12 - Muramasa Realeased date and new game: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
UPDATE IN 12/12 - new games: Phantom Brave and Pikmin Wii make

Muramasa: The Demon Blade - Release Date: day 15 or 18, July
c_l1223300906_5.jpg

New games:

Pikmin Wii make - Release Date : TBA 2009
Published by: Nintendo, Developed by: Nintendo, Genre: RTS adventure
Video: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=b5qzvOFfNbM&feature=related
140302.jpg

Phantom Brave Wii - Release Date: TBA 2009 (march 12 in Japan)
Published by: -, Developed by: Nippon Ichi, Genre: RPG
Site: http://nippon1.jp/consumer/phantom_brave_wii/index.html
image208.png

image206.png

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Release Date : September, 2009
Published by: Ubi soft, Developed by: Ex-Team Ninja and Smash Brawl Staffers, Genre: 4p fight
tmnt_logo.jpg

Wii in 2010 (or beyond)

Dragon Quest X - Release Date: TBA
Published by: Square-Enix, Developed by: Square-Enix, Genre: Adventure RPG
Neogaf first topic: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344939
P1130995_m.jpg

New game from Wiiware:

Sorcery Blade - Release Date: TBA
Published by: -, Developed by: Kemco, Genre: RPG
Video: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=cYK9ZuzhKWc
02_2-2.jpg
03-1.jpg

Olaeh

Sadist said:
And I just saw a scan of Nippon Ichi's Phantom Brave announcement on Wii. Seems like a PS2 port to me.

Either way its good news. Finally getting some RPGs here. I have Phantom Brave on my shelf but never got around to playing it even once. I might as well wait for it on Wii and support it.

BDGAME

NeoZylom said:
Hey! You forgot Dead Rising Wii!

Do you think this game deserve be here?

I know the x360 is a greate game, but the Wii version looks like a cheap port.

But if many gafers ask for that, I will put it here as well.

Haunted

BDGAME said:

I think it does. At least moreso than some other games on that list. (Shootanto? Cursed Mountain? EA Sports games?)

Also, I'd advise against putting up mockups or concept art of games where no screens have been released yet.

That said, great job keeping the thread up to date. :)

Haunted said:
I think it does. At least moreso than some other games on that list. (Shootanto? Cursed Mountain? EA Sports games?)

Also, I'd advise against putting up mockups or concept art of games where no screens have been released yet.

That said, great job keeping the thread up to date. :)
Why Cursed Mountain? o_O

New developed game, fresh idea, nice engine, nice graphics, etc.

Scrubking

NeoZylom said:
Hey! You forgot Dead Rising Wii!

That's a good thing!

Whoever doesn't want to play Punch-Out!! needs a star punch in their fucking face.

I don't want to play it. I'm not impressed by what I've seen so far and in fact I think it looks ugly. It looks like they are just putting a new coat of paint on and old game and charging $50. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt we're going to see much new or improved.

Pachinko

So 2009 on the wii, still looking just as shitty as everything else then ? I want to play mad world, no more heroes 2 and uh... yeah that's about it. Good game nintendo.

Japanese games ARE NOT good anymore. I just can't excited about MUKASHI BAMASHI GAKUSAN 3!!! with these ps2 graphics anymore. Some of the titles look good, and I hope there's some games that make awsome use of the motion plus. If they can get MotionPlus right, then games like EA Tennis will be amazing.

Laguna

Banned
BDGAME said:

Yes, you should in my opinion.

There´s also Mario Tennis(gcn) on the way. I´m really looking forward to this after missing the GCN release and the Wii-mote controlls are incentive enough to buy it this time 1st day. :)

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
VindicatorZ said:
Japanese games ARE NOT good anymore. I just can't excited about MUKASHI BAMASHI GAKUSAN 3!!! with these ps2 graphics anymore. Some of the titles look good, and I hope there's some games that make awsome use of the motion plus. If they can get MotionPlus right, then games like EA Tennis will be amazing.

Really? I'm on the other side of the fence. The only PS360 games I'm interested in are all from Japan (8-360, 10-ps3, 6 of which are multiplatform), and only 6 of the 21 games on my to-get list for the Wii are western (3 of my 14 currently owned retail wii games are western as well.

BDGAME said:
Muramasa: The Demon Blade - Release Date: day 15 or 18, July

bdouble said:
What a great release date. Take note developers.

I'd agree to that (although I would prefer sooner). July 19th is my b-day. ^-^

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pachinko said:
So 2009 on the wii, still looking just as shitty as everything else then ? I want to play mad world, no more heroes 2 and uh... yeah that's about it. Good game nintendo.

I think you should wait for either reviews or GAF-impressions before putting most of the games in the OP down.

Threi

notag
VindicatorZ said:
Thats pretty interesting because i currently feel the same way with western development. It's like they are trying to shove a dumbed-down version of the former PC gaming scene into consoles, and because people have never tried it before they just lap it up.

I just can't get excited about shooters with aliens and foolishness like that anymore, i burned all of that out of my system in the PC days.

HAY HERE'S AN IDEA! I should go into every PS3 and 360 upcoming game thread and state this. What? It would be annoying and trollish? No way man its just my opinion you just defend stuff too much! :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
VindicatorZ said:

You're wrong.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Release Date : September, 2009
Published by: Ubi soft, Developed by: Ex-Team Ninja and Smash Brawl Staffers, Genre: 4p fight
Whaaaaaat. With a developer like that this seems promising as fuck! Wii only?

Scrubking said:
That's a good thing!

I don't want to play it. I'm not impressed by what I've seen so far and in fact I think it looks ugly. It looks like they are just putting a new coat of paint on and old game and charging $50. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt we're going to see much new or improved.

I think its incredible, Im loving the art (people saying is to dark have to know its minor circuit, and the original game starts also in yellows and browns, even that if you look better you can see little details as boxing posters, emergency lights, etc...) and think the graphics are impressive (yes, ive you see the trailer millions of times, as I have, you can see theres lots of little details, and awesome animations in the rival boxers, even the public, that may seem the first views, not very detailed, is in 3d and intereact with the punches, shout when you get punch, cheer when you are winning and applaud and put their hands up when you give a ko, much better in my opinion than 98% of public in other sport games).
They are changing lots of things, the story is bigger with lots of cinematics (Miyamoto said this) so this means more tribute to the Rocky films (because the original game was) and thats is awesome. You can see changes in the trailer that clearly indicate that there will be more rival boxers, for example King Hippo is placed now in the Minor Circuit when in the original game he was in the major cirtcuit. He has also a new special attack that was not in the NES game but is an attack that Bear Hugger had in Super Punch-Out!!.

And I have faith that is going to play great and its going to be fun because Mario Strikers is also great, and I think thats the most important thing, that the game is fun.

And yes, im a Punch-Out!! mega fan, I play 4 times the game every year, it nearly a religion for me:lol

In Phantom Brave that character looks strikingly like a different older version of Almaz von Adamant Almadine from Disgaea 3.

Ultimately though Wii is getting RPG's finally, and Fragile looks nice.

wouldn't say it is the best year ever... but not a bad year. Wiiware is looking good. I am going to focus buying small games and renting big games.

Ydahs

Teetris said:
Whaaaaaat. With a developer like that this seems promising as fuck! Wii only?
It's not known at the moment, though personally I'm expecting it to be multi-platform. It was revealed in Nintendo Power but I don't think there was a mention of it being exclusive in the reveal.

Could it be possible that this game is on a technical standpoint much more advanced than ShaunWhite und Skate-it? The are no track limitations comparable with the HD-Version of Shaun-White and the controls are also supposed to be promising.

For me, We ski and snowboard seems to be a real quality title and I am really looking forward to this. I don't really bother about this kiddy-style, I love the Miis and can't wait to ski against Darth Vader or Jack Black :D

Some new screens:

we-ski-and-snowboard-20081215033412560_640w.jpg

we-ski-and-snowboard-20081215033415279_640w.jpg

we-ski-and-snowboard-20081215033431575_640w.jpg

we-ski-and-snowboard-20081215033424622_640w.jpg

we-ski-and-snowboard-20081215033435075_640w.jpg

we-ski-and-snowboard-20081215033418544_640w.jpg

Awesome!

Top Bottom