• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unison

A recommendation for Puzzler World... It looks stupid, but if you're inclined to play puzzles at all, it's well worth the $1.49:
GOTY-1.jpg

Don't want to support the developer? It's free on their site:
http://www.ideaspad.co.uk/PuzzlerWorldDD IdeasPad.html

Anyway, here are my purchases for the sale!:
SteamDamage.jpg

Well played, Steam... Well played. :lol

C.T.

My first steam christmas. I actually play consoles mostly but recently come to love steam. I did buy way more than I initially wanted to but I'm still happy with this result. Played Recettear, gf and me love it - thx gaf. Finally tried Bully and it's awesome too. I wanted to buy vvvvVVVvv but think I pass- Played it at a friend and it's quite nice but I think I should stop now. :lol
I have just one friend on my friendlist, would be nice to have some gaf members. nick is: takashi_eiyuu

Grand Ages: Rome (DE)
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 4
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 3
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 2
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 1
Children of the Nile
CivCity: Rome
Amnesa: The Dark Descent
Plants vs. Zombies
Mafia II DLC - Jimmys Vendetta
Mafia II DLC Joe's Adventures
Toki Tori
Company of Heroes Gold (DE)
Mafia II
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!
Half-Life 2: Episode Two (DE)
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Team Fortress 2 (DE)
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Europa Universalis III: Complete
GTA IV Complete Bundle
Sword and Soldiers HD
Dead Space
Crysis Complete (E-EU)
SimCity 4 Deluxe
Machinarium
Mirror's Edge
Borderlands DLC: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx (DE)
Borderlands DLC: Mad Moxxi Germany
Borderlands DLC Claptrap LV
Borderlands DLC: Dr. Ned Germany
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
MI:SE Bundle
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Red Faction Guerrilla
Counter-Strike: Source
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Torchlight
Saints Row 2 (DE)
Overlord II
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Darksiders
Mass Effect
Bioshock (DE)
Trine
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Day of Defeat: Source
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Puzzle Quest
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW)
Lara Croft GOL
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition
The Deus Ex Collection
Super Meat Boy
Titan Quest Gold (DE)

total costs: ca. 250 euro.

Wallach

Damn, I forgot to leave enough in my walled for Penumbra Gold. I should find something for under ~3.50 before the sale ends.

Blizzard

Banned
Wallach said:
Damn, I forgot to leave enough in my walled for Penumbra Gold. I should find something for under ~3.50 before the sale ends.
I just picked up the Puzzler World game. I probably wouldn't have gotten it otherwise but yeah, Steam Wallet funds I might as well burn!
I refuse to buy TF2 items because I'm stubborn :lol

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Max said:
Someone convince me to get Tomb Raider Anniversary for $5

It's the very best game to ever bear the Tomb Raider moniker. Perfect balance of combat to exploration, no annoying side characters chirping in your ear constantly, amazing level design. Absolutely fantastic game.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Veidt said:
don't know if this is a the place for it. So really sorry in advance.

I can't believe I'm running both of these on 1680* resolution on my crappy 512mb GPU. I am also on a 3.0 ghz dual core.

I am not that hardware shrewd, so this pretty much mind blowing to me. Can someone explain it to me? Because I feel like I shouldn't be able to run the games.

And will I be able to run arkham asylum? Since I want to play it, but aren't really sure as to whether I'll be able to pull it off.
This is what you get when you have good programmers coding for scalability on a main platform.

A 360 port will never run smoothly because of what it is: A PORT.

The game was made with a platform in mind, and ported (sometimes rather quickly) to others to make an extra buck.
Valve's main platform is the PC.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drkirby said:
I assume you mean single player racing, since the best Multiplayer one was published by Nintendo.
Haven't played PGR2 online huh? MKDS is closest, out of that series.

And Rallisport Challenge. Also, Trackmania is also deserving of the honor, but they need to get up off their asses and expand it tenfold instead of doing new versions that are akin to expansions. Basically, racing games <3

MNC

MNC said:
I guess it's not much but free PB Winterbottom for the 2 persons who quotes this post with their steamID and the name of the person my avatar is supposed to resemble!
1 more person.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
MNC said:
1 more person.
Shigeru Myamoto!
Rain_1 is the steam name.

Edit: If quoting that message is not considered as a valdi answer, somebody should take the answer and go back trying to find the original message, because I'm not doing that.. :p

Also, I already have the game, i wanted it for a friend. So, if anybody else wants it, go ahead.

MNC

enzo_gt said:
Well? Who's the person in my avatar? :lol

Edit: Dammit now I feel guilty. Enzo what's your steamID. Both of you get it. Enzo PM me later (but before the end of the sale)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
MNC said:
Well? Who's the person in my avatar? :lol

Edit: Dammit now I feel guilty. Enzo what's your steamID. Both of you get it. Enzo PM me later (but before the end of the sale)
Nah, give it to him, i'm good. :D

Chozo

Grotesque Tactics
Divinity II
The Last Remnant
Half-Life 1 collection
Far Cry 1 and 2
Guardians of Graxia
Crysis and Crysis Warhead
Overlord series
Puzzle Quest
Claptrap's New Robot Revolution

Not too bad for $70-80, I suppose.

Petrie

Banned
So Steam crew, now that I have purchased 60 or so games, I feel I should get myself some sort of usb gaming headset, especially for the online stuff. Are there any good bang-for-my-buck suggestions you guys have? I'd like to get the 5.1 ones if I can get a reasonable price, but it is not required if theres something that's a better value for my money.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
From talking to people in TF2, it seems a lot of people just use what ever they have laying around. I have SingStar Microphone that I used as bent up metal hanger to prop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom