• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 World Cup Final |OT| Netherlands v Spain -- SPAIN WINS WORLD CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

Dartastic said:
oranjeeeeeORANJEEEEEEEEEEEEORANJEEEEEEEEE

P.S. Can anyone teach me some Dutch chants so I can be really loud and annoying at the game? :D
'Tis stil aan de overkant, 'tis stil aan de overkant, TIS STIL AAN DE OVERKANT

Sadist

Wellscha said:
Are you by any chance, a German?

Because that's exactly what a German friend told me. :lol
Pssst, it's actually the other way around. Seriously :p

If you get the Germans started about the WC they will tease us :(

And no, we don't love the King of Spain
emosternwx8.png

Enosh said:
so you guys are trying to be sarcastic

in an anthem?
Well, it could be perceived that way and probably was by some of the rebels. But you have to consider that it's a 16th century poem, and in that time you just did not doubt the rule, rights and claims of kings, and kings were believed to be above every other earthly power. By proclaiming his loyalty to the king, William of Orange claimed to only have a quarrel with the emissaries of the king, not the king himself.

And William of Orange was raised by the sister of Charles V, who was the grandfather of Philip II (the king of Spain during the revolution). Also, he was favoured by Charles V and got a command of one of his armies. And he was a longtime member of the court of Margaret of Parma (daughter of Charles V), the governor of the Spanish Netherlands. so yeah, he could say he honored the king of Spain all his life.

/history lesson :lol

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
My friend is a huge Netherlands fan so I'd kinda like to see them win for his sake, but I'll be happy with whatever outcome as long as it's a good game.

Can't believe this shit is almost over already though. Went by so quick.

MrHicks

Banned
HarryHengst said:
Well, it could be perceived that way and probably was by some of the rebels. But you have to consider that it's a 16th century poem, and in that time you just did not doubt the rule, rights and claims of kings, and kings were believed to be above every other earthly power. By proclaiming his loyalty to the king, William of Orange claimed to only have a quarrel with the emissaries of the king, not the king himself.

And William of Orange was raised by the sister of Charles V, who was the grandfather of Philip II (the king of Spain during the revolution). Also, he was favoured by Charles V and got a command of one of his armies. And he was a longtime member of the court of Margaret of Parma (daughter of Charles V), the governor of the Spanish Netherlands. so yeah, he could say he honored the king of Spain all his life.

european royalty are all cousins/grandfather distant relatives of each other pretty much
nice way to keep the power into the family

inbreeding fuck yea

markao said:
4769802426_41ae0f61ea_z47w.jpg

Hope of a nation depending on these shoulders, do it boys, voor Koningin en Vaderland ;)
Meh, i hope van Persie can finally show some of his skill, because goddamn he played a weak tournament. He's like our Torres. :lol

markao

HarryHengst said:
Meh, i hope van Persie can finally show some of his skill, because goddamn he played a weak tournament. He's like our Torres. :lol
He was much better than Torres in the semi's :lol

But yes, he (and the other two) needs to show up during the final, if we want to have any change.

They are showing the final in 3D at a Movie Theather in my country. Has anyone ever seen a match in 3D in such a big screen? I'm very tempted to go, but if it's shitty I'm screwed since I won't have time to go elsewhere to watch.

I could watch it at home on a 47' HDTV which is quite nice, but the 3D thing sounds really appealing...

What to do GAF, what to do?

HarryHengst said:

I always took it as "I honored the King of Spain all my life, now he gives me this shit, so fuck him, we're starting our own country."

LRB1983

Banned
markao said:
[ig]http://www.abload.de/img/4769802426_41ae0f61ea_z47w.jpg[/ig]

Hope of a nation depending on these shoulders, do it boys, voor Koningin en Vaderland ;)

JFx7J.jpg

If these three have a good match there's no contest. :p

LRB1983 said:
Don't you know who Xavi and Iniesta are? XD.
You don't like Fútbol XD.

I only watch the World and Euro Cups. I do know Xavi and Iniesta from name from the last few weeks, but can never recognize many players from other teams besides my own :p

ATF487

I picked Spain to win it, so go Spain I guess. But I'm really just looking for a good game above anything else.

As a Liverpool fan though, I sort of want Kuyt to have a great game. I don't think he's going to leave like Torres is..

Wellscha

I've been wondering for a while. How come these players wont fix their baldness?

They're paid loads of Euros And I'm positive that the cost of doing that is like buying a sandwhich.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Wellscha said:
I've been wondering for a while. How come these players wont fix their baldness?

They're payed loads of Euros And I'm positive that the cost of doing that is like buying a sandwhich.
Because that shit doesn't matter to them anymore. They are rich now.

Xater

ClosingADoor said:
Sure, but Germany has to win from Uruguay first saturday. Paraguay can go next I guess.

Sorry I am confusing my Guays. I blame the whole worst/best guay thing on GAF.:D

Being a Spanish in Amsterdam this final is going to be ammmmaaaaaazing. I hope Spain wins so I drawn in a sea of delicious tears :)

GO SPAIN!

Covfan

I guess this is the thread for it...

Michele Platini has collapsed with a suspected heart attack in a Joberg restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom