• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lettuce

Orellio said:
I think he gets off on never answering this question. Can't count how many times I've seen people ask and I've never seen him reply.

His using ICEnHancer's 1.2 ENB series and Better City Textures pack

Orellio said:
I think he gets off on never answering this question. Can't count how many times I've seen people ask and I've never seen him reply.

Sorry, Im using Icenhancer, first person, ultimate textrues, a different road texture, gun models, niko model I made, flying, etc.... I'm gonna put my entire gta4 folder in a winrar file when I got it all perfected and will then upload it so you can all use.

With Icenhancer I get about 25 but mostly 30fps

6 gig ram
core i7 920 @ 3.8 ghz
Most of the settings on high not very high and i think around 50 on the draw distances.
Turned all shadows off though as they really kill performance even on low.

29932827.jpg

47200543.jpg

Gvaz

Banned
tra2011-07-0819-06-15-ym11.jpg

tra2011-07-0819-35-22-mmcb.jpg

TheVampire said:

6 gig ram
core i7 920 @ 3.8 ghz
Most of the settings on high not very high and i think around 50 on the draw distances.

Lol, I'll never get GTA to look like this then. I was hoping more of like 60fps.

Oreoleo

TheVampire said:
Sorry, Im using Icenhancer, first person, ultimate textrues, a different road texture, gun models, niko model I made, flying, etc.... I'm gonna put my entire gta4 folder in a winrar file when I got it all perfected and will then upload it so you can all use.

6 gig ram
core i7 920 @ 3.8 ghz

Heh, it's cool. Thanks for not taking my post too personally :) I lurk this thread a lot and your pictures are super nice. I look forward to that upload!

Dizzy-4U

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (1920x1080, AAx16XQ, AFx16, everything maxed)

AA is lost in some spots when there are particles on screen (specially fire).
ssfiv2011-07-0912-11-3zgz3.png

HUD-less
ssfiv2011-07-0912-26-0qeht.png

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Just a few shots as I was messing around trying the different effects (I'm not sure what exactly I screen captured)... I dunno what to go for. Off = too plain, ink = too rough, watercolor = too weird, the last one = too smooth, I dunno.
9f5fca9eddc8945357e4380f85d0f4ba1ccc6e9a.png

abab10b520995bfcbfdee7d334a8d6590b4220a5.png

coopolon

Stallion Free said:
Well widescreen just being stretched doesn't really help.

Jesus, I am apparently completely oblivious to any kind of image stretching, my eyes apparently don't work. I in fact was so sure you were wrong I went to check WSGF and found out you were actually right. I just chose the widescreen resolution and never noticed it was being stretched. I guess that's a good thing? Ignorance is bliss. Future images will be 4:3.

John

universesandboxhighres2fd2.png

Universe Sandbox, downscaled from 5760x3240 with Gimp. I wish I could figure out how to change the resolution in-game

mrtapout1

Banned
has anyone downloaded the monte carlo track pack for dirt 3? I did and for some reason its not loaded in the game. I see where its downloaded on my pc, but not sure where the file should be. please help if you know thanks

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
coopolon said:
Jesus, I am apparently completely oblivious to any kind of image stretching, my eyes apparently don't work. I in fact was so sure you were wrong I went to check WSGF and found out you were actually right. I just chose the widescreen resolution and never noticed it was being stretched. I guess that's a good thing? Ignorance is bliss. Future images will be 4:3.
Haha, you aren't the first, trust me. I had a friend who was absolutely convinced it was real widescreen. The art style makes it kinda hard to tell.

coopolon

Stallion Free said:
Haha, you aren't the first, trust me. I had a friend who was absolutely convinced it was real widescreen. The art style makes it kinda hard to tell.

Yah, now that I've changed in to 4:3 it definitely does look better (or at least I'm telling myself it does), so funny I never even thought about it.

I'll post a few more screens later. I actually think it's still a good looking game because the art style is so bright and colorful.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
coopolon said:
Yah, now that I've changed in to 4:3 it definitely does look better (or at least I'm telling myself it does), so funny I never even thought about it.

I'll post a few more screens later. I actually think it's still a good looking game because the art style is so bright and colorful.
I think it's aged pretty nicely as well. The comic book style really shines through.

flipswitch said:
How's the handling in Dirt 3? Is it still arcade like?

Kind of. If you turn of all the driving aids, it's like a 50/50 split between arcade and sim i'd say. It feels even less arcade-y with the cockpit camera as well.

It's definitely a lot less twitchy and more realistic than the first two games.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I guess I'll stick to this effect for now. Are there any custom effect shaders that are better than the official?
f7f029ecb98abe979074a3ab45b74dbd9af02d42.png

cd1214d5563ef98478a821b0da8964aadaf076ba.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom