• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifa-cobex

A couple of shots from Splinter Cell

2011071000004.jpg

2011071000007.jpg

Hulud

SpidermanJones said:
Short answer: A lot and various mods I don't remember. :|

But I highly recommend using the easy to install Morrowind Overhaul, Connary's texturepack and MGE XE. :) It will result in a similar looking Morrowind.
Awesome, thanks! I'm planning on playing through Morrowind for the 50th time or so before Skyrim comes out.

clip

Guys, what game should I take screenshots of next? The choices are....

BioShock 2
Assassin's Creed 2
STALKER Call of Pripyat.

Please help me decide!!!

clip

Watevaman said:
AC2 during Carnivale or whatever it is. Post some firebreathers.

This is an investment I'm about to make. I'm not going to pick a specific scene or spot, I'm going to crawl inside a game and scrape around for a month or two, then come out covered in goo with ~10,000 screens.

This isn't a decision to be taken lightly!

I know it is a screenshot thread, but I don't know a more appropriate thread to ask this question considering you guys seem to have the eyes to notice extreme details.

Can some of you tell me their opinions regarding those videos I've just uploaded on youtube ?
These videos were uploaded using Xvid MPEG4 encoder (virtual dub) weighting 3.09g and 879mb respectively. Turns out Youtube downgraded the IQ drastically. Nevertheless, the quality is still good for the most part. This is Crysis 2 intro + first level. These videos were recorded using Ultra (max) setting, 1080p, hi resolution texture pack as well as DX11 patch. I locked the framerate to 30fps because that's all youtube can handle. I am working on x264 codec adjustment right now so that I can upload videos of similar quality, but with reduced weight.

Specs are in video description.

Part 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmN9_3oY1-Y&
Part 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9PRluhJrV4&

For some reasons, part 2 seems better, even though it's exactly the same encoding.

My question : Do you think the quality is acceptable ? It feels like youtube introduced a shit load of artifact and macro blocking on dark scenes. Any possible way I can improve that ? Like I said, these videos were hardly compressed.

Not that this is the right thread for it, of course its generations ahead when you can buy a full console for the price of a mid to high range graphics card.

TheLegendOfMart said:
Not that this is the right thread for it, of course its generations ahead when you can buy a full console for the price of a mid to high range graphics card.

No this isn't the right thread for it, so kindly fuck off and troll somewhere else.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
papersleeves said:
My question : Do you think the quality is acceptable ? It feels like youtube introduced a shit load of artifact and macro blocking on dark scenes. Any possible way I can improve that ? Like I said, these videos were hardly compressed.
By Youtube standards it looks pretty damn good. That said, I still am interested in seeing if using x264 before uploading helps at all.

People should lower standards a bit before they watch a vid on Youtube and if you are showing this to people who are gonna be real anal, then upload the actual video file. Those look like sex after Youtube.

jim-jam bongs said:
No this isn't the right thread for it, so kindly fuck off and troll somewhere else.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Stallion Free said:
By Youtube standards it looks pretty damn good. That said, I still am interested in seeing if using x264 before uploading helps at all.

People should lower standards a bit before they watch a vid on Youtube and if you are showing this to people who are gonna be real anal, then upload the actual video file. Those look like sex after Youtube.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

So beautiful to see two assholes stick together.

legacyzero

Banned
The first new mod I've played on Black Ops. Nova Six is what it's called. Your suit breaks, you die. You get a hole in your suit, your vision goes all over the place. Awesome stuff.

dff5f0c8fbb8f1e8929f42d7925eddff278cad95.jpg

fb0a8d73d2d1e94b4aff789924a1a5b43b16788e.jpg

More DOOM 3.

Incredible game. The only thing I didn't like about Sikkmod was that it totally rebalances the game (damage/health/ammo values) to make it more challenging. While this may be appealing to veterans, as a newcomer I found it daunting. Thankfully Sikkmod comes with its own options menu to adjust not only graphics, but also tons of gameplay variables like max player health, enemy health scaling, random encounters, and the option to have a dynamic HUD which fades when you aren't shooting (good for screenshots).

doom32011-07-1110-48-1sucq.png

doom32011-07-1111-05-1luvo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom