• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Does the game normally look this clean, or is there some modding going on? Or post-processing on the image.

most of the shots in here have 8 or 4 x MSAA and high quality FXAA. some people don't like it, but it's not like we're losing much texture detail. i think most of us like the combination of MSAA and FXAA.

60702445.jpg

84793845.jpg

Dennis

Banned
TheVampire, I like your GTA IV screenshots.

However, looking at the file sizes, they seem small for 1080p images. Are you using low quality JPG compression?

Sethos

Banned
Wait, using tiledshot and post process off is bad? Or what am I missing here?

Should be good, as tiled shot doesn't really do well with post processing.

Only thing that doesn't work with tiled shot from my experience are the lights and light rays.

TheVampire, I like your GTA IV screenshots.

However, looking at the file sizes, they seem small for 1080p images. Are you using low quality JPG compression?

Well I take BMP's using Fraps and then use photoshop to make them into JPG's around 500-600kb in size.

am i the only person that thinks these GTA4 shots are ugly as sin? apart from that last one maybe.

Cant run SSAA on them only crappy FXAA with sharpening on Icenhancer 2.0

Alright so I turned off FXAA and sharpening, turned on SSAA but turned off Ambient Occlusion and AF and made these JPG file sizes a bit bigger. Also set enb SSAA quality to 2 not 1 which is a bit better.

Any better?
Only getting about 20-25fps now.

89842722.jpg

93137798.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wait, using tiledshot and post process off is bad? Or what am I missing here?

It's not bad, but post-process off makes things look funky and off, but is a necessity for tiled-shot without vignette issues.

His shots looked much more like proper ME2 post-processing, but he had custom camera angles and almost no aliasing so I thought he was doing the tile-shot/PP off combo and was wondering if he somehow worked out some voodo magic to make post-process off still look proper.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
It's not bad, but post-process off makes things look funky and off, but is a necessity for tiled-shot without vignette issues.

His shots looked much more like proper ME2 post-processing, but he had custom camera angles and almost no aliasing so I thought he was doing the tile-shot/PP off combo and was wondering if he somehow worked out some voodo magic to make post-process off still look proper.

Ah I see. So in other words those screens are just ( barring downsampling ) the way the game looks when you play it? I'm intrigued, what are these custom camera angles?

Sethos

Banned
Ah I see. So in other words those screens are just ( barring downsampling ) the way the game looks when you play it? I'm intrigued, what are these custom camera angles?

With some modding you can bind keys to free flight camera, pause etc.

Top Bottom