• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think the Laker fans would be at least a little bit humbled after two second round bounces but it looks like they can't even wrap their heads around the idea that Dwight doesn't want to go to LA

Dwight would be nice but again, I'm not losing sleep over it.

But btw, you know who else didn't want to go to LA?

STEVE NASH

Nelo Ice

Banned
I'm not piling on. I just don't see how the Lakers help this deal. You bring up the idea that Bynum won't leave while Howard will. That is not an issue. Houston doesn't care. Orlando doesn't care obviously. Orlando wants picks and to unload contracts, and HOU needs to maintain some flexibility so as to not be stuck in the same position Orlando is now in.

What I genuinely do not understand is what the Lakers do to help. They can't take contracts or offer picks or young players

It's amusing how you patronize us by reducing the mantra of "you never get equal value for a star" as "LAWL TAKE OUR GARBAGE DERP". Bynum needs to be paid next year, he has no true value because whoever gets him is going to have to effectively have to use him as their team's centerpiece what with how overpaid everyone is becoming these days; this is a terrible idea considering how Bynum has a negative motor on a team with Kobe Bryant screaming into his ear during every timeout, I can't even begin to imagine how few fucks he'll give after he's been paid 100 million dollars.

As I said earlier, the Rockets and Magic can just do a trade between themselves; Rockets have a lot of assets, the Magic have the player Morey wants. I see pretty much no one else besides Laker fans trying to press for this 3 team deal, because everyone else knows it sucks.

That's the thing what can Houston do if they get Dwight and all the bad contracts they'll absorb and draft picks they lose? I'm arguing that they at least get something otherwise if Dwight walks out you'll be left with Orlando west. Also if Orlando gets draft picks then you sure as hell better hope Hennigan can hit a few home runs especially if they're outside the top 10 or hell you could argue the top 5 as far as getting true superstars.

Either way getting Dwight is an extreme luxury at this point since either way we win with Bynum or win more with Dwight.

Vire

lol Miami Heat are too big for the ESPY'S.

We give no fucks.

Not even gonna send Joel in, he doesn't give a shit.

I've been off the board awhile.

Is KingKong an out the woodwork Heat "fan"?

Did his posts start pouring in with around 5 minutes left in the 4th of game 5?

KingKong

I've been off the board awhile.

Is KingKong an out the woodwork Heat "fan"?

Did his posts start pouring in with around 5 minutes left in the 4th of game 5?

It's funny to see a Laker "fan" call someone else a Heat "fan", but no, I didn't start posting here until some time after the Finals. Of course I'm a fan of the greatest player in the game, but you won't see me posting about the team like I'm a part of it and I'm as objective as possible

Walsh

Banned
ESPN CULTURE

C'mon man...did you really think the Heat weren't taking it this year?

After how thirsty they were?

It took a Rose injury for them to make the finals and a Spurs collapse against an inferior team to win the finals.

Not much credit to give when the stars had to line up for you to succeed.

PBY

Banned
It took a Rose injury for them to make the finals and a Spurs collapse against an inferior team to win the finals.

Well we beat the bulls 4-1 last year and got to the finals with a hurt bosh so yeah. Good try tho

Seriously though, the Kings had one of the greatest postseason runs in not just NHL history, but American Pro Sports history. How are they not the best team? Even the Giants were more deserving than the Heat.

The Heat struggled against crappy teams, too. What a sham. Where is Puddles?

2012 team would beat the Dream Team?

Every current member would say what he said. Come on, now.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

A healthy Bulls team would not have been able to stop a healthy Heat team.

Kobe fan. Laker "fan."

So says the Rockets "fan".

At least Smokey and Matrix discuss the Rockets on this board.

You're the Crimson Blur of Rockets-Age, except your trolls are worse and you don't even discuss your own squad.

I wonder what would happen if we searched your posts with "Kobe" in them vs. your posts with "Rockets" in them...

Ha.

Kobe fan. Laker "fan."

jags.gif

I know it's hard to imagine, but I wasn't lurking in wait for a Heat victory, I just didn't post or look at the board

Yes, of course.

You looked for and posted the thread AFTER the coast was clear.

It's cool, man.

Every championship team needs it's Triple Ls.

Someone has to be one...

Vire

Yes, of course.

You looked for and posted the thread AFTER the coast was clear.

It's cool, man.

Every championship team needs it's Triple Ls.

Someone has to be one...

He should have at least waited till the next season started to come out as a Heat fan.

Right after we win?... I gotta agree with ryutaro.

That's the thing what can Houston do if they get Dwight and all the bad contracts they'll absorb and draft picks they lose? I'm arguing that they at least get something otherwise if Dwight walks out you'll be left with Orlando west.

Morey gives no fucks about a long-term commitment from Dwight as he's banking on him not walking away from 30 million dollars which is what Hennigan should also be doing as even if Dwight does walk from Orlando the 20 million reduction in cap commitment is better than anything offered

Also if Orlando gets draft picks then you sure as hell better hope Hennigan can hit a few home runs especially if they're outside the top 10 or hell you could argue the top 5 as far as getting true superstars.

If Orlando gets draft picks then they'll be tanking hard anyway so the more picks they have the better, how this isn't obvious to you is baffling

Your dumb trade scenario justification has been Black Sancha bad; "well the Lakers become super awesome while every other team involved sucks!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom