• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Well they're not lying. We are the best team on paper.

And trust me, they are afraid. Especially OKC. Our team was shit last year (our most productive bench player was Matt Barnes and our 4'th best player was Ramon Sessions. man oh man...) and aside from two games in that series they really had to work for it. If Oldbe didn't meltdown twice we would have pushed that team to the absolute brink (we still would lose though lol). Now we've added an Allstar PG who can do it all and a new franchise player that took his team to the finals and made other players look like mere children whilst having a bad back?

If they're not afraid they're stupid. But then there is the Mike Brown problem of course... but if Jim Carrey and Eric Spolstra can win rings, why not Brown?

charsace

GBPss.png

I find this... interesting...
Joe Johnson will end up earning more salary than Nash, Amare, Marion. Crazy to think about.

charsace

Well he's better than Amare or Marion sooo..
Amare and Marion at their best were both better than JJ has ever been and their isn't a season where JJ has been better than Amare. JJ is a team killer too. Last season he derailed Teague by bitching about Jeff looking to score too much.

And only Marion has a ring..
True. But the 3 guys have all been importants pieces in the suns making deep playoff runs. JJ started out well in Atl, but then got a big head and started to fuck the team with his complaining any time Atl got away from letting him iso 90% of the game.

And I think its funny that people knock Bibby like he wasn't ever a good player. Bibby at his best was top pg who was easy to coach. He was a pure pg that sacrificed play making and offense running on the Kings. Especially Lakers fans since dude was getting in that ass and only stopped him and the Kings through Stern intervention.

diehard

Fleer
JJ is a team killer too. Last season he derailed Teague by bitching about Jeff looking to score too much.

you literally have Melo on your team

(i know i know knicks hate blah blah)

Amare's prime was like .. 2 seasons. Joe has been consistent for like 8.

and his 06-07 season is as good as any Amare put up and better than Marion (missed games though)

charsace

you literally have Melo on your team

(i know i know knicks hate blah blah)

Amare's prime was like .. 2 seasons. Joe has been consistent for like 8.

Amare has been a dominant player for most of the time he's been in the league and was the best scoring big in the league at times and had years where people thought he was the most dominant scorer in the league period. Teams have been scared of seeing Amare in the playoffs no one has ever been scared of Joe Johnson.

Talon

:|

Amare?

Granted Joe's never been more than a poor man's Paul Pierce, he's been a more consistent offensive presence in this league. The Teague kerfuffle is overblown. The team expected and looked to Joe to pace them, much to the chagrin of us fans.

diehard

Fleer
Amare has been a dominant player for most of the time he's been in the league and was the best scoring big in the league at times and had years where people thought he was the most dominant scorer in the league period. Teams have been scared of seeing Amare in the playoffs no one has ever been scared of Joe Johnson.

Joe has been the alpha for like 20 playoff wins, Amare for about 0.

charsace

:|

Amare?

Granted Joe's never been more than a poor man's Paul Pierce, he's been a more consistent offensive presence in this league. The Teague kerfuffle is overblown. The team expected and looked to Joe to pace them, much to the chagrin of us fans.

Amare has averaged over 20ppg for his career and only in 3 season has he averaged less than 20. He didn't average 20 in his rookie season, the year he had the knee surgeries and last season because of the bad back. And he's doing it with the rule changes that limit the effectiveness of big men. Amare is the better offensive player.

charsace

Joe has been the alpha for like 20 playoff wins, Amare for about 0.

Amare has 18 games in the playoffs where he has scored 30 or more. 5 games where he has scored 40+. He has a whole bunch of games where he's been 3 points or less from getting 30 in the playoffs. "Alpha" Joe Johnson has 2 games where he's gone for 30+ and a whole bunch where he's scored less than 12. Joe Johnson has never been as good as Amare.

Maybe he is.

Joe is still the better player.
No, he isn't. Even with bad knees and a bad back Amare is the better player. People are gonna eat crow next season because Amare will be healthy next year. He wasn't able to work out last off season because of the back surgery. He's coming into camp 20lbs lighter and in videos he doesn't look stiff like he did last season. The bad back threw his whole game off.

And Dwight's back injury was almost as bad which is why I can't wait to see what he look like next season.

diehard

Fleer
Remember the Spurs letting Amare get his and then destroying him on the opposite end?

He will never not be one of the most shittastic defenders in the league.

Joe will still be better.

charsace

Remember the Spurs letting Amare get his and then destroying him on the opposite end?

He will never not be one of the most shittastic defenders in the league.

Joe will still be better.
Spurs let him get his? bullshit much? Spurs couldn't stop him but they went after him because he's not a good defender. That doesn't mean Joe Johnson is better than him. Because Joe Johnson isn't better and has never been better than Amare. He's never been in the same league as a player.

I think your mother purposely dropped you on your head a bunch of times.

I can see the argument for Amare, but Marion has never been more than a glorified role player. At his best he was probably the best role player in the league, but his entire offense consisted of fast-break dunks, wide open threes, and garbage man tip-ins.

diehard

Fleer
Spurs let him get his? bullshit much? Spurs couldn't stop him but they went after him because he's not a good defender. That doesn't mean Joe Johnson is better than him. Because Joe Johnson isn't better and has never been better than Amare. He's never been in the same league as a player.

I think your mother purposely dropped you on your head a bunch of times.

Damn all that dominance between him and Melo.. and that interior defense from Chandler? Knicks are going to challenge Miami.

another 8 seed coming up

I can see the argument for Amare, but Marion has never been more than a glorified role player. At his best he was probably the best role player in the league, but his entire offense consisted of fast-break dunks, wide open threes, and garbage man tip-ins.

And you talk of this like it's a bad thing.

SUPREME1

Banned

all of shawn kemp's illegitimate children?

After being threatened with a class action lawsuit by the illigetimate children of Shawn Kemp for having unleashed the sexual monster known as 'daddy Shawn' on their unsuspecting mothers... NBA comissioner David Stern sent proud virgin Pau Gasol on a mission to smooth things over with the children. With promises of t-shirts and sodas and armed with a smile as soft as his game, Pau Gasol was successful in his mission and has proven once again that the NBA Cares™.

Jeff-DSA

They sent Pau to break the news to them that despite what the shipment of T-shirts said, the Thunder are not, in fact, NBA champions.

When I was in Chile I saw Utah Jazz World Champions t-shirts. I nearly bought one but the pain was still too fresh (I was there from 2000-2002), so I passed. Now I wish I had bought all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom