• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else considering grabbing league pass mobile?

I think I'd prefer it over broadband, as I just have had problems with their service before. I'd like to think the mobile version will be much less convoluted and hopefully results in a better experience as a result. Should look good on a tablet.

Jeff-DSA

Found this comment on YouTube. Should we go and get him?

@thenintendogamer lmfao are you serious? The only reason they were so dominant was because they were ahead of their time. Id fuckin love to see Hakeem go up against roy hibbert or dwight howard. Let's face facts, they are too long and too athletic to just get shots up like that. I dont care if Hakeems a legend you have to be logical here.
1n5anem0fo13 3 weeks ago

Anyone else considering grabbing league pass mobile?

I think I'd prefer it over broadband, as I just have had problems with their service before. I'd like to think the mobile version will be much less convoluted and hopefully results in a better experience as a result. Should look good on a tablet.
I guess if you have wifi. I left the states before I could give 4G a good whiff, I would assume its pretty adequate.

Bazz's lawyer is getting desperate in the case to get Bazz eligible for the season by claiming that Shabazz wasn't under NCAA jurisdiction or something. NCAA probably doesn't want to destroy UCLA, but it might happen and that could make this draft class even more interesting...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bazz's lawyer is getting desperate in the case to get Bazz eligible for the season by claiming that Shabazz wasn't under NCAA jurisdiction or something. NCAA probably doesn't want to destroy UCLA, but it might happen and that could make this draft class even more interesting...
suck azz for shabazz

bobcats 2012-13

I don't get how this affects the draft. They can't push back Bazz' eligibility for the NBA, can they? Worst case he has to pull a Brandon Jennings and ends up still being a top 5 pick.

DY_nasty

I don't get how this affects the draft. They can't push back Bazz' eligibility for the NBA, can they? Worst case he has to pull a Brandon Jennings and ends up still being a top 5 pick.

All it does is possibly move his position around in the draft.

But I don't even think that's entirely true because no one ruins a prospect's draft stock like Ben Howland.

European coaches would murder him so he probably won't be playing organized basketball for the year before he's supposed to be drafted and that can be sometimes bad. Especially for Shabazz who has no clue how to play in a team concept. Could still probably end up top 3 or 5 though.

European coaches would murder him so he probably won't be playing organized basketball for the year before he's supposed to be drafted and that can be sometimes bad. Especially for Shabazz who has no clue how to play in a team concept. Could still probably end up top 3 or 5 though.

You'd think these high dollar managers and agents would get some sort of traveling exhibition road show together for players in Bazz' position. Maybe even entice more guys to skip college. Hell they already make up fake high schools as a front for basketball factories this seems like the next logical step.

I think he'll be ruled eligible. There's nothing in the bylaws that directly address Bazz's situation, which is a friend of the family simply assisting with his ability to visit schools.

Pretty sure the Celtics aren't missing him with JET shooting .69% from deep throug preseason so far.

Still don't know what to make of Ray. He wants to talk about being treated like trash, well Rondo was in trade rumors every year, and the Celtics offered him a bigger contract than the Heat offered along with rumors out there about a no trade clause.

One thing you know about Doc Rivers--he's going to play the best guy on the floor.

DY_nasty

Pretty sure the Celtics aren't missing him with JET shooting .69% from deep throug preseason so far.

Still don't know what to make of Ray. He wants to talk about being treated like trash, well Rondo was in trade rumors every year, and the Celtics offered him a bigger contract than the Heat offered along with rumors out there about a no trade clause.

One thing you know about Doc Rivers--he's going to play the best guy on the floor.
1) Preseason. JET is the most inconsistent "good" guard in the league. That one good finals run he had with Dallas doesn't erase the numerous other playoff runs where he was trash. At best, the Celtics backcourt will be just as mediocre as it was before.

2) Rondo was offered that contract ahead of the curve and it was a great move by Boston. By taking a gamble, they got him for cheap in the long-run. And its not like everyone likes Rondo either. He's by all accounts the odd man out in every Celtics activity. Ray being mad doesn't mean that Boston did or didn't do the right either. It just means that Ray is talking. Players talk all the time.

3) You can always count on Doc to run his best players into ground.

Rondo hasn't done anything yet. He's a great talent but if he gets traded , its shut up and color.

Ray on the other hand will likely go into the hall as the greatest shooter to ever play. People barely want to call Rondo an elite PG, there's really no reason to even bring him up.

I heard they barely even told Ray before his was supposedly already traded that time. I mean I don't know if you know the situation with his kid, but how fucking maddening do you think it must've been?

Bottom line is, Boston dangled him time-to-time for whatever random role player they could get. They didn't give too much of a shit then, so why cry now? He left. Thats what they wanted. All things considered, I bet they miss him a lot more than he is gonna miss them. Oh and ask any Mav fan on here how they fell about terry being gone.

h3ro

I thought the only time Rondo was put out there for the taking was for Chris Paul. What other rumors were out there?

Kwhit10

Rondo hasn't done anything yet. He's a great talent but if he gets traded , its shut up and color.

Ray on the other hand will likely go into the hall as the greatest shooter to ever play. People barely want to call Rondo an elite PG, there's really no reason to even bring him up.

I heard they barely even told Ray before his was supposedly already traded that time. I mean I don't know if you know the situation with his kid, but how fucking maddening do you think it must've been?

Bottom line is, Boston dangled him time-to-time for whatever random role player they could get. They didn't give too much of a shit then, so why cry now? He left. Thats what they wanted. All things considered, I bet they miss him a lot more than he is gonna miss them. Oh and ask any Mav fan on here how they fell about terry being gone.

Most Celtics fans do not miss Ray at all. Most fans are much happier with Lee/Terry and being able to give Bradley more minutes. Have fun with his bone spurs.

Most Celtics fans do not miss Ray at all. Most fans are much happier with Lee/Terry and being able to give Bradley more minutes. Have fun with his bone spurs.

I didn't say anything about the fans. I said the Celtics. There's a reason they wanted to give him 12 mill.

But yeah, I will have fun whooping up on the celtics, again. Thanks.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah he won them a title. Jet the FMVP..........wait

You really going to go down that road? Go rewatch G5, they were down by 3 with a minute to go and he took over. And he dominated all of G6 - even when Dirk played like shit for most of the game. Mavs fans shouldn't be saying any negative shit about JET, it's just really stupid.

Kwhit10

I didn't say anything about the fans. I said the Celtics. There's a reason they wanted to give him 12 mill.

But yeah, I will have fun whooping up on the celtics, again. Thanks.

Even in the locker room Ray was the odd man out he was the only guy that was still trying to look out for his stats while KG and Pierce have conceded Rondo is the leader. I bet Doc and management is happier they have people who know their roles, willing to play for whats best for the team.

I also did not know you played on the team. I'm sure you'll enjoy moving with LeBron to his next team as well.

nike-zoom-kd-v-officially-unveiled-05-570x425.jpg

Dat new KD shoe.

DY_nasty

You really going to go down that road? Go rewatch G5, they were down by 3 with a minute to go and he took over. And he dominated all of G6 - even when Dirk played like shit for most of the game. Mavs fans shouldn't be saying any negative shit about JET, it's just really stupid.

You really want to go down that road? Just give Leon Powe all the moneys while you're at it.

I can, sure. Showing up for one season doesn't erase years of inconsistency. Saying he won them a finals is just really stupid.

Role players play roles. You don't see anybody claim shane battier won us the finals. You don't see people claiming Derek Fisher won the Lakers one. etc. Dirk did play subpar some games but please try to call a spade a spade.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You really want to go down that road? Just give Leon Powe all the moneys while you're at it.

I didn't say the Mavs should have resigned JET. And saying he is Leon Powe level is fucking stupid anyway. He was a really good player for that team and was a vital part for that entire run in 2011. Mocking the guy who had a ton of key moments to help win your teams only championship is just stupid.

He won them G5 and G6. He was the most pivotal and successful player on the court for the Mavs for both of those games. They lose that series if he doesn't take over at the end of one game and if he doesn't pick up the slack for Dirk in another. And he was more than just a role player on that team.

DY_nasty

I didn't say the Mavs should have resigned JET. And saying he is Leon Powe level is fucking stupid anyway. He was a really good player for that team and was a vital part for that entire run in 2011. Mocking the guy who had a ton of key moments to help win your teams only championship is just stupid.

Leon Powe has had just as many consistent playoff runs as Jason Terry.

Even in the locker room Ray was the odd man out he was the only guy that was still trying to look out for his stats while KG and Pierce have conceded Rondo is the leader. I bet Doc and management is happier they have people who know their roles, willing to play for whats best for the team.

I also did not know you played on the team. I'm sure you'll enjoy moving with LeBron to his next team as well.
uh huh.

Like I said, you got rid of what you didn't want. We got what we wanted. Lets see who comes out on top...

Kwhit10

I bet they miss him a lot more than he is gonna miss them.

uh huh.

Like I said, you got rid of what you didn't want. We got what we wanted. Lets see who comes out on top...

Yes the Celtics did, and I told you the Celtics won't miss him. But its funny to hear Ray say the Cs didn't want to pay him, yet they offered a lot more to him than the Heat, he just though at this stage of his career he is better than he is.

Kobe said he's "probably not" going to play tomorrow night. The foot is pretty painful.

Dwight Howard not doing contact drills. Prolly just due to soreness i think.

Hopefully get to see Jordan Hill back tomorrow and Antawn at the 3 instead of 4.

Leon Powe has had just as many consistent playoff runs as Jason Terry.

Eh, JETS job is to spread the floor and just knock down shots, which is all Ray ever did, and as far as that goes, JETS shot over 40% in the post season 5 out of his last 8 seasons, which is virtually identical to Ray.

Man I'm telling people from day 1 so people don't forget when the playoffs start that the Celtics are going to test the Heat badly. Look at history. They've never been easy outs. Game 2 played against the Heat last year: The C'z beat em by 20 without Ray Allen against the big 3 and with Bradley starting at the 2. Regular season game 3: Heat lose by 8 with the big 3 with Ray off the bench.

Ima keep goin at you shadowlark until the playoffs. We need dat GAF drama. The east is too terrible for me to just concede the point.

BELIEVE IN COMPETITION

CELTICS LAKERS FINALS
lakers in 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom