• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

charsace

Was just watching Redbelt again because of the James Bond thread. Why isn't Chiwetel in more movies? I really don't understand the movie industry sometimes.

Pretty sure the Celtics aren't missing him with JET shooting .69% from deep throug preseason so far.

Still don't know what to make of Ray. He wants to talk about being treated like trash, well Rondo was in trade rumors every year, and the Celtics offered him a bigger contract than the Heat offered along with rumors out there about a no trade clause.

One thing you know about Doc Rivers--he's going to play the best guy on the floor.

Jason Terry is a streak shooter that doesn't play a lick of defense. If he misses his first couple of shots he becomes absolutely worthless. Ray Allen does not need to be healthy 100% of the time. What people don't realize is that if he plays a mere one quarter of the season that is just an added bonus to the Heat.

KingKong

lol the latest BS report is so hilariously homerish

in the span of 5 minutes: "sorry Laker fans, you wouldn't have won with healthy Bynum and Ariza in 08" "you know, we would have won in 2010 with a healthy Perkins"

and now talking about Rondo winning MVP lmao

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
What? You think the ability to shoot the basketball is an important measurement of who would be named the league's most valuable player?

Derrick-Rose-smile.jpg

Canuck76

Banned
Jason Terry is a streak shooter that doesn't play a lick of defense. If he misses his first couple of shots he becomes absolutely worthless. Ray Allen does not need to be healthy 100% of the time. What people don't realize is that if he plays a mere one quarter of the season that is just an added bonus to the Heat.

Is he starting though? Once avery bradley is back isn't he in the line up?

I think Jet will be good off the bench. This team always has great D but they need offense desperately.

I think this team honestly really has a shot. Last season they were severly hampered by their bench and depth. KG and PP and everybody were playing way too much.

If they can sit those old guys a bunch during the season and have a reliable bench that'll keep up with anyone in the leagues, they can go to the finals.

Is he starting though? Once avery bradley is back isn't he in the line up?

I think Jet will be good off the bench. This team always has great D but they need offense desperately.

I think this team honestly really has a shot. Last season they were severly hampered by their bench and depth. KG and PP and everybody were playing way too much.

If they can sit those old guys a bunch during the season and have a reliable bench that'll keep up with anyone in the leagues, they can go to the finals.

Bradley is playing the back up 1 and Terry the 2.

This.

I really don't see all this depth they supposedly have. Better than a few teams but in the playoffs it is pretty meaningless. They don't have actual depth like that dallas team. They go as far as KG can take them.

I've never really been partial to this mentality. The Thunder basically lost because they didn't have relief outside of Westbrook and Durant offensively. Harden had a bad series and there was nobody else to turn to. The Heat on the otherhand had great contributions from their bench at various times in the finals.

It's so important to have guys that can pick up the slack when your main guys are off their game. The more guys you have that can potentially provide a spark, combined with a good defense, results in a consistent pressure on the opposing team: Ala 2010 Mavs.

Bradley, Terry, Lee, Sully, Green, and to a lesser extent, Fab and Darko...man it just makes a hell of a difference in regards to stopping the bleeding.

The problem is that the Heat have a bench too of course.

Knox

Hey guys. Not a regular so I don't know if this gets brought up a lot. I'm thinking about getting the 5 team broadband League Pass this year and I'm trying to decide what the best teams would be. I don't have cable, and basketball is what I would primarily use it for if I had it, so this seems like a cheaper option. Right now here's what I'm thinking.

Rockets (home team, not living there now so don't have to worry about blackouts)
Nuggets
Wolves
Nets
Pacers

I tried to pick up and coming teams that aren't on national TV so much, ones that won't get blacked out all the time like Lakers/Thunder/Heat/Clippers. Also tried to balance east and west (plus home team) for diversity. What do you guys think?

Hey guys. Not a regular so I don't know if this gets brought up a lot. I'm thinking about getting the 5 team broadband League Pass this year and I'm trying to decide what the best teams would be. I don't have cable, and basketball is what I would primarily use it for if I had it, so this seems like a cheaper option. Right now here's what I'm thinking.

Rockets (home team, not living there now so don't have to worry about blackouts)
Nuggets
Wolves
Nets
Pacers

I tried to pick up and coming teams that aren't on national TV so much, ones that won't get blacked out all the time like Lakers/Thunder/Heat/Clippers. Also tried to balance east and west (plus home team) for diversity. What do you guys think?

The Pacers a really unorganized team and their games have a ton of free throw attempts on both sides. They do play really fast, but they can be kind of hard to watch. I think the Grizzlies (lot of skillful post scoring and intense, gambling defense) or the Raptors (great effort on both ends and a lot of athleticism) might be more interesting to follow, but it depends mostly on personal opinion.

Jeff-DSA

This is why you and I are besties. Jeff, if I am ever in Utar, I would be happy to baby sit your fine lads. Just don't be surprised when you come home to find them looking like

5097650a-13af-4373-a3c5-68375370fe7a_detail.jpg

Seeing that makes me wonder if I would leave my child alone with you. Before that image, I never had a doubt that it would be okay.

Seeing that makes me wonder if I would leave my child alone with you. Before that image, I never had a doubt that it would be okay.

All children are born sinless (Lakers fans) and only after they reach the age of accountability (choose not to be Lakers fans) do they become sinners. I would simply be treating your child as a sinless perfect angel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom