• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

SUPREME1

Banned
banderas-joel-lego.gif

You can't even come close to picturing the shit eating grin on my face.

Lmao.

CALIFORNIA DREAMIIING

diehard

Fleer
Even if the Cats win those 2 games, We are 6-13 with Trey and that still isn't good enough. the -6 MOV would probably be ~-3 if you exclude that Atlanta or Portland game..

Its even worse if you exclude games with no Favors or Marvin Williams.

Even if the Cats win those 2 games, We are 6-13 with Trey and that still isn't good enough. the -6 MOV would probably be ~-3 if you exclude that Atlanta or Portland game..

Its even worse if you exclude games with no Favors or Marvin Williams.

It's -4.7 without the Hawks game. Without the Blazers and Hawks losses, it is -3.2, but mediocre teams still don't get slaughtered by 30+ points twice within two weeks.

I now have several posts arguing about how bad the team I root for is, why am I doing this...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Irving said he felt a "pop" in his knee when he went down in Tuesday's game, adding that the knee is weak and he kept falling on the court after he was able to return in the fourth quarter, the Akron Beacon Journal reports. "I was praying to God when I came in [the locker room] that everything was going to be OK," he said. "I thought the worst had happened."

Cavs not out of the woods yet :/

The weakness thing sounds pretty scary and ligament like.

Pkaz01

It amazes me that laker fans want to tank. You are going to out tank the east to get someone like parker or wiggins thi year. Then what do you do? Your cap situation isnt all that great, your coach is still an idiot, and ur not going to improve enough to make the playoffs next year or be bad enough to get a top 5 pick either. Which you would need because u gave ur next two picks to phx with top 5 protection only.

I get that LA is an attractive market but I just dont get your team in particular would tank? I only get that perspective when its from small market teams or teams incompetent managenent.

SUPREME1

Banned
It amazes me that laker fans want to tank. You are going to out tank the east to get someone like parker or wiggins thi year. Then what do you do? Your cap situation isnt all that great, your coach is still an idiot, and ur not going to improve enough to make the playoffs next year or be bad enough to get a top 5 pick either. Which you would need because u gave ur next two picks to phx with top 5 protection only.

I get that LA is an attractive market but I just dont get your team in particular would tank? I only get that perspective when its from small market teams or teams incompetent managenent.

Amazed by the fact that some people would like to dump salary, pick up young talent and begin a rebuild?

What's there to be amazed about?

The team is doing jack shit as they are now. Why would anyone want to continue down that road? Coaches can always be replaced. Begin stocking up on young talent and start over.

SamuraiX-

I don't think there's a better feeling in the world than watching Harden get murdered on the way to the basket and not getting the call.

Pkaz01

Amazed by the fact that some people would like to dump salary, pick up young talent and begin a rebuild?

What's there to be amazed about?

The team is doing jack shit as they are now. Why would anyone want to continue down that road? Coaches can always be replaced. Begin stocking up on young talent and start over.
I think theres a difference between rebuilding and tanking. And i dont think young talent is that easy to find when you hardly have any picks or attractive trade pieces. It would be amazing to me to see a big market team like LA who has usually gotten its superstars through traded and free agency tanking to take put all their hopes on a rookie.

I dont know it just feels like some fans think they are gna get one of the players in this draft and thats it the rebuild is over but in reality you need to make a number of good draft picks.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Harden's D so fucking pathetic.

Smokey

cant watch game because of family watching some shit movie and only one tv in the house has a dedicated comcast box the rest are directv

fml

SUPREME1

Banned
I think theres a difference between rebuilding and tanking. And i dont think young talent is that easy to find when you hardly have any picks or attractive trade pieces. It would be amazing to me to see a big market team like LA who has usually gotten its superstars through traded and free agency tanking to take put all their hopes on a rookie.

I dont know it just feels like some fans think they are gna get one of the players in this draft and thats it the rebuild is over but in reality you need to make a number of good draft picks.

Stick with what is not working. Or gamble on getting a rookie to help kick start a rebuild.

That's what it boils down to.

I don't think anyone expects to hit the next Magic.

It's just the better path.

PBY

Banned
Stick with what is not working. Or gamble on getting a rookie to help kick start a rebuild.

I agree, namely because what you have now is largely worthless.

Pkaz01

I agree its a risk but hopefully for your rebuild some of your players can up their trade value before the all star break because that will probably help you accelerate your rebuild.

Its unfortunate that this is probably the best year for you guys to rebuild but the east is so bad its almost impossible to beat them.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...-calls-brooklyn-nets-bush-league-organization

Former NBA coach Stan Van Gundy referred to the Brooklyn Nets as a "bush league organization" in a radio interview Monday.

The Nets, who entered the season with championship aspirations, went into Tuesday's night's game against the San Antonio Spurs with a 10-20 record.

Aside from its poor play on the court, the Nets were dealt a devastating blow recently when center Brook Lopez was lost for the year due to a broken foot.

"I think with all the injuries it's been hard to evaluate Jason Kidd. It's been easy to jump on him not just because of the record, but the things coming out of their locker room, the situation with Lawrence Frank, the incident of spilling the drink on the floor," Van Gundy told the "Amani and Etyian Show" on NBC Sports Radio.

"I mean this has looked like a bush league organization much of the year, they don't play with much effort at all, a very uninspired team. But at the same time they had so many people hurt you just don't know. And now they are not they are not going to be healthy all year…

"You can do whatever you want with the coaching situation but it is not going to change the situation with their roster. They just don't have a lot of options -- they don't have draft picks, they are way over the salary cap. They are probably in the worst situation of any team in the NBA right now."

LOOOOOOOOOL I guess we know two names to take off the radar.

Top Bottom