• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

I don't know, the ESPN trade thing never actually loads.

Reaaalllll.

9tZSj0T.png

It's the no-lose season this year, either Favors, Hayward, Kanter, Rush/Burks, and Burke show that they're really good or we can go get Randle/Wiggins/Exum/Parker. Now to hope that Hayward doesn't get a max contract.

Or the most likely scenario that The Jazz are a perfect mix of raw talent and young/dumb that they reach a mediocre record proving nothing and taking The Jazz out of the mix for a top 5 pick.

Millsap for Asik should happen...

Or the most likely scenario that The Jazz are a perfect mix of raw talent and young/dumb that they reach a mediocre record proving nothing and taking The Jazz out of the mix for a top 5 pick.

This is most likely thing (other than Favors proving himself since I think he already has), but that's why we have put together so many assets. 7th pick can be turned into the third pick and the first option we need with just the right combination of not Favors or Hayward players and picks.

0_o thats one of the oddest worst trades ever. They trade away all their SF's for a PG/SG? Just to keep boozer and Noah?

Sorri Nori.

lol was trying to make a 4 teamer work, and no one could take on Boozer's contract or have any reason to. It's a tub of lard.

How is it that ESPN, Yahoo, etc. do not have NBA Pick em leagues? I'm being forced to use Pooltracker here, which is terrible.

They need to have this by next year. I feel like they're missing out on a good market.

This is most likely thing (other than Favors proving himself since I think he already has), but that's why we have put together so many assets. 7th pick can be turned into the third pick and the first option we need with just the right combination of not Favors or Hayward players and picks.

Which team shitty enough to get a top 4 or 5 pick would trade it for not Favors or Hayward and a 7th or 8th pick?

Suns, Philly, Magic, Celtics, Kings aren't trying to fill specific positions. This draft looks like if you want a top 5 pick, you're gonna have to be bad enough to get it. I don't see any basement dwellers dumb enough to trade out of the top 5 so they can have whoever The Jazz offer.

hashtagfuckdalakers
hashtagtakeyoursweetasstimekobe
hashtagLakertank
hashtagwiggins

im ready for the season.
laker-age, bring the ky lubricant, its going to be a glorious tank.

Go home Bill Simmons, you're drunk.

lol.

More realistic trade might be something along the lines of Horford to the Bulls, Gallinari, Arthur and Butler to the Hawks, Boozer/Mirotic/Charlotte's First to Denver.

Don't see why Denver would take Boozer though.

Damn Boozer kills the trade again.

Forever

Banned
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/230471/Sterling-Attempted-To-Rescind-Bledsoe-Redick-Dudley-Deal

Two days after the Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix Suns and Milwaukee Bucks agreed to a three-team trade involving Eric Bledsoe, Jared Dudley, J.J. Redick and others, Donald Sterling instructed his team president, Andy Roeser, to rescind the deal.

The deal had already been agreed upon and leaked to the media, but could not become official until July 11 when the moratorium was lifted.

It was up to Doc Rivers to change Sterling's mind, but Redick and his representatives couldn't wait much longer on whether his four-year, $27 million deal would be upheld.

Redick's other suitors were beginning to reach deals with other similar players.

Rivers had sold Redick that the culture of the Clippers was changing, but the turn of events showed that Sterling remains unpredictable.

Rivers was embarrassed and humiliated after agreeing to come to the Clippers with ultimate authority and he feared that his credibility in future talks would be paralyzed if this deal was rescinded.

There are some that believe Rivers would have been forced to step down if Sterling didn't relent.

"It never got to that," one source told Yahoo Sports, "but it might have had Sterling not come around."
Dolan should be thanking Sterling on his knees for making him only the second worst owner in the league. Thank God he's all the way in Los Angeles.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
the last 4 months i've been deeply depressed

so much so that I don't care anymore.

where's the fantasy basketball leagues?

I tried to distract myself by watching 3 different FIBA tournaments ..nada

Which team shitty enough to get a top 4 or 5 pick would trade it for not Favors or Hayward and a 7th or 8th pick?

Suns, Philly, Magic, Celtics, Kings aren't trying to fill specific positions. This draft looks like if you want a top 5 pick, you're gonna have to be bad enough to get it. I don't see any basement dwellers dumb enough to trade out of the top 5 so they can have whoever The Jazz offer.

This makes sense and would be not good for the team D:

I guess we'll see what happens :/

I feel so weird heading into this Lakers season.

It's the first time I can remember that the team really has no hope. Even in '05-'07 I believed the team could make the playoffs and maybe pull off an upset. Not championship hope but something. Plus we got to at least watch prime Kobe.

On the flip side, last season was by far and away the least fun I've ever had watching the team. I hated almost everything about last season. This season, with no expectations of being good (or at times even mediocre), it might not be fun, but it at least won't be frustrating. But they're going to suck and I'm not sure how much I can stand watching them get blown out by the really good teams.

If I'm lucky, the team will start horribly and Kobe will come back around January with no hope for the playoffs and he'll go into Kome scoring title mode and there will be something exciting about the season. Then again, it's just as likely his ankle fucks him over and I will be depressed knowing Kobe is dead.

Anyway, I predict Miami doesn't win the title and doesn't come out of the East this year. Year 4 curse continues!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
We haven't seen a team go back-to-back-to-back-to-back Finals in almost 30 years.

We haven't seen a team go back-to-back-to-back-to-back Finals in almost 30 years.

Heat have a good chance because of their overall talent and bench. Most teams don't have the luxury of Ray Allen coming in and hitting miracle shots. If they get 10 minutes out of Oden (big if) they're going to be damn good. They won last year with a hobbled Wade and Bosh shitting the bed.

reilo

They won last year because they had two byes in the playoffs.

reilo

I don't think you know what that means.

A Houston Rockets team with Rafer Alston and no Yao Ming won 20+ games in a row a few years back. Going to the Finals four times in a row is much more difficult.

Heat have a good chance because of their overall talent and bench. Most teams don't have the luxury of Ray Allen coming in and hitting miracle shots. If they get 10 minutes out of Oden (big if) they're going to be damn good. They won last year with a hobbled Wade and Bosh shitting the bed.

they were also a bosh rebound + ray allen shot away from not winning it all.

To me, it just seems like title teams break down after 3 years like they just had. We've been watching Wade break down for sure. Bosh a bit as well. And their team is getting quite old.

Wade, Birdman, Battier, Allen, Lewis and Bosh will be 30+ going into the playoffs while Oden is over 50.

IMO, they collective team will tire out in the playoffs, with the exception of Bron.

MVP

Banned
A Houston Rockets team with Rafer Alston and no Yao Ming won 20+ games in a row a few years back. Going to the Finals four times in a row is much more difficult.

I disagree, that many consecutive games in a row takes a lot of luck and an unreal amount of discipline and consistency for a long period of time. On the other hand, a team good enough to go to 3 Finals in a row and GOT BETTER, is almost a lock to go again. I don't know why it not having happened in 30 years is even relevant.

Only things relevant are that they went last year, and they got even better this year. The only reason the Bulls didn't go like 8 times in a row is because of MJ retiring twice. If a team is good enough and keeps getting better, why WOULDN'T they keep making the Finals?

reilo

You didn't get better because you are making a really bad assumption: healthy Dwyane Wade.

they were also a bosh rebound + ray allen shot away from not winning it all.

To me, it just seems like title teams break down after 3 years like they just had. We've been watching Wade break down for sure. Bosh a bit as well. And their team is getting quite old.

Wade, Birdman, Battier, Allen, Lewis and Bosh will be 30+ going into the playoffs while Oden is over 50.

IMO, they collective team will tire out in the playoffs, with the exception of Bron.

That's pretty much how I see it. Wade's knees would scare me if I were a Miami fan.

masud

Banned
Wait Celtics age is upset? They've got young talent, tradable assets and draft picks from Brooklyn for the foreseeable future. Fucking perfect tank setup. I wish the Knicks were in that situation

How did the Heat get better?

Battier and Allen are quite old and by far on the downside of their career, Wade's knees and health is a big issue and he's older and clearly also on the downside.

Bosh is turning 30 and if he is still in his prime, he's plateaud and/or past the peak.

Beasley is garbage and I'm not going to ever assume Oden is playing come playoff time. Birdman and Haslem are also old and getting worse each month.

They lost Mike Miller.

Lebron, if he improves, will be only incrementally. He's at his peak prime already. The only players with a chance to actually get better is Chalmers (which I doubt at this point) and Cole (who was bad and could become less bad) which is offset everywhere else.

The Heat, when healthy and rested, are still the best team in the NBA. But they didn't get better unless you pretend Oden will play.

MVP

Banned
You didn't get better because you are making a really bad assumption: healthy Dwyane Wade.

Wade is beasting, but the Heat will make the Finals regardless of his knees. They are that deep. I've already said I think they pose a real threat to 72-10 this year, and it's already setting up in the preseason. Bulls 72-10 team was 5-3 in the preseason, Miami was 5-3 this preseason. It's a wrap.

Top Bottom