• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Forever

Banned
Eat dirt?

No way they catch a L against the cats

Is Harden 100%? I heard he got hurt.

Horncats are going to be better this year but Houston is probably deeper than DY thinks either way. Anything can happen but I'd be surprised if the Rockets lost the opener.

Silver is a Dukie and Wiggins' Dad is from North Carolina, so we're going to rise up Chicago style. The NBA, where amazing (or shit depending on your POV) happens!

MVP

Banned
Nah. I don't see it. Remember the last time the Bulls played the Heat on ring night?
We won by 42.

I remember...this is a different Heat team mentally, though. They're out for blood and they'll be looking to send a message to the league tonight. "Derrick who?"

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
My first NBA season living in NYC. Have to go to a bar to watch the Bulls, I don't have cable. Luckily I found a Chicago bar close to my neighborhood. Ready for the season.

diehard

Fleer
Double digits as opposed to single digits. The least they will win by tonight is 10. What's so hard to understand?

Your misunderstanding of grammar in correlation to the phrase "at least". Triple digits is the next in progression after double digits; not what said digits are.

Here we go, guys! No one gives a shit about what scrub fraud team wins the chip, it's all about the Tank Wars! Which tank will arrive at the finish line for the grand prize of Andrew Wiggins? Place your bets.

Suns rigging for Wiggins!

If the Lakers get a lottery pick next year, they will 'win' the number one pick.

i wouldn't be surprised if the lakers trade their lotto pick for a more established player
Sorry but we have the Lakers first round for the 2015 draft :) Actually, I want to say it's top 8 protected though, would have to check.

MVP

Banned
Your misunderstanding of grammar in correlation to the phrase "at least". Triple digits is the next in progression after double digits; not what said digits are.

I disagree. Show me more of your knowledge of the English language to convince me otherwise.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Raptors going to make me feel shame once more when they squeak into the playoffs to be destroyed by Miami or Chicago and missing out entirely on Wiggins. :(

DCX

DCX
I'll take on a on a 72-10 bet with a Cheat fan. Only one being Pimp. If I lose..my avatar is his for life and I post PEACE from now on.

If he loses I get his avatar in even years and he stops signing his posts.

DCX

MVP

Banned
I'll take on a on a 72-10 bet with a Cheat fan. Only one being Pimp. If I lose..my avatar is his for life and I post PEACE from now on.

If he loses I get his avatar in even years and he stops signing his posts.

DCX

No one is dumb enough to take these bets, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only Heat fan who thinks they can threaten 72-10.

ISOM

Here we go, guys! No one gives a shit about what scrub fraud team wins the chip, it's all about the Tank Wars! Which tank will arrive at the finish line for the grand prize of Andrew Wiggins? Place your bets.

Suns rigging for Wiggins!

Sorry but we have the Lakers first round for the 2015 draft :) Actually, I want to say it's top 8 protected though, would have to check.

The lakers still have their 2014 first round pick, they don't have their 2015 pick.

Jeff-DSA

The Heat won't win 72 games. In this era, teams intentionally take nights off to preserve their legs for deep playoff runs.

The lakers still have their 2014 first round pick, they don't have their 2015 pick.

I know, I said 2015. Maybe I just misunderstood what year he was talking about because there's no way in hell they will tank harder than the Suns and 76ers this season.

MVP

Banned
Seriously?

lol. Do you even try anymore man?

I just don't feel like having an English debate. If I say "I want to make at least six figures", I don't mean it as opposed to seven figures. I mean six figures and above, starting at $100,000, the first number with 6 figures in it. Could be $135,000, $343,000 or even $10,000,000. The phrase doesn't have to be opposed to anything.

I just wanted Edgar Allan Poe over here to convince me otherwise and maybe I'll stop using it. I have hispanic parents so I still use phrases like "I'm gonna get down from the car" instead of "I'm gonna get out of the car". My ex schooled me on that one.

jman2050

The Heat won't win 72 games. In this era, teams intentionally take nights off to preserve their legs for deep playoff runs.

Unless you're Coach Thibodeau and gun for 60-65 wins and get bounced in the playoffs when your roster scratched together with gum and duct tape spontaneously combusts.

MVP

Banned
"I think this will happen!"

"lol odds are so low i mean it will probably never happen!"

Again, someone else that doesn't have an understanding of odds when it comes to making bets. Why would I make an even bet with some clown on NeoGAF when I could go to Vegas and probably get 1000-1 on my money for this same bet. Just because I think it can happen doesn't mean I'd bet it with stupid odds.

EDIT: Now if anyone wants to bet tonight's game, that's closer to even money and I'd be down for that, but I'm guessing all the Heat haters are too vaginal to make any bets unless they're like 99.999999% likely to win.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Our team isn't good enough to win and we know it. So this season we want to develop and evaluate our young players, let them learn from their mistakes -- and get us in position to grab a great player. The best way for us to do that is to lose a lot of games.

Pls be the Spurs GM

I think Miami can challenge 72-10. High 60s is more likely though. This is the best team Miami has ever assembled.

I doubt it:

1. They'll get every teams best night in and night out
2. The health of Wade is always questionable
3. They'll get nights off to rest for the post season

I'm guessing 65-68 wins this year

My first NBA season living in NYC. Have to go to a bar to watch the Bulls, I don't have cable. Luckily I found a Chicago bar close to my neighborhood. Ready for the season.

Nice, I'll probably have to stick with the radio broadcast for most of the year because of work.

Top Bottom