• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

I think we abandoned D'antoni's offense after that memphis meeting.

EDIT: And yes, it run through shaq during our first 3 peat.

Honestly, the Lakers barely ran Mike D's offense even from the beginning. The lone exception was Pau camping out by the 3 point line.

Remember early on MDA would have Kobe force-feed Dwight who would just turn it over and over? In fact, I think the only game they ever really used his system was Nash's first game with MDA against the Warriors when they ran the Nash-Dwight PnR with Kobe on the weakside about 100 times. After that game, it pretty much disappeared.

Also, lol @ anyone getting trolled by T-Kad and Salty Blaster. That's Bobcats bad.

RDpQwjf.jpg

For new thread

edit: Miami on Sunday night? yes! Perfect time to quit hoops and watch Mad Men. Stern must be a fan.

Kobe has been getting his teammates wide open shots all season as the offense dictates. If you can point to me some games that you think kobe is doing it so differently than lebron.

Please show me otherwise you are just spewing hate.

hes gone through entire halfs refusing to put up a shot cause he wants to prove a point. thats just being an asshole. and "messin with the game", as Nique Wilkins put it.

Can't believe the Clips tried hard in a game that meant nothing for them while the Kings were trying to get their last win in Sacramento.

Fuck the clips

On one hand, TP still isn't right and we have Tracy McGrady on our roster. ON the other hand, it's the Lakers and I guess Jodie Meeks is giong to be playing, what, 35 minutes a night?

Faze you should be happy, you passed the Pistons in draft order. There's a decent chance the Kings will pass on Shabazz, if they do he's yours.

Faze you should be happy, you passed the Pistons in draft order. There's a decent chance the Kings will pass on Shabazz, if they do he's yours.

Combine and individual workouts are probably going to be 90% of Ernies decision making. I expect Shabazz to go full Manti Teo with some rehearsed bullshit about his lies and he's probably doing nothing but squats and box jumps right now to go HAM at the combine.

I think Len will be in play and Bennett. I think the pick will be Shabazz or Bennett.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we get the #1 pick. Every year a 7th or 8th type team seems to jump to 1st. Shows how bad this draft is though that I'm not even sure I want Nerlens. You're not even going to know if he's worth extending until his contract is up.

I still love Olynyk. I was kind of hoping we would just win games and be around 10/12 to pick him.

Honestly, the Lakers barely ran Mike D's offense even from the beginning. The lone exception was Pau camping out by the 3 point line.

Remember early on MDA would have Kobe force-feed Dwight who would just turn it over and over? In fact, I think the only game they ever really used his system was Nash's first game with MDA against the Warriors when they ran the Nash-Dwight PnR with Kobe on the weakside about 100 times. After that game, it pretty much disappeared.

Also, lol @ anyone getting trolled by T-Kad and Salty Blaster. That's Bobcats bad.

youre clearly rattled when i literally post something praising the lakers and still consider it trolling

then again you're obviously a kobe fan and not a true laker fan like ice raven

Combine and individual workouts are probably going to be 90% of Ernies decision making. I expect Shabazz to go full Manti Teo with some rehearsed bullshit about his lies and he's probably doing nothing but squats and box jumps right now to go HAM at the combine.

I think Len will be in play and Bennett. I think the pick will be Shabazz or Bennett.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we get the #1 pick. Every year a 7th or 8th type team seems to jump to 1st. Shows how bad this draft is though that I'm not even sure I want Nerlens. You're not even going to know if he's worth extending until his contract is up.

I still love Olynyk. I was kind of hoping we would just win games and be around 10/12 to pick him.

Looking at the draft order I had you drafting Shabazz, Bennett, or Len as well. I'm not sure Shabazz is the best fit for your team, so if it were my choice I'd go with Bennett or Len. Nene is chronically injured and Okafor's contract runs out next year so it would probably be a good idea for you to add some additional frontcourt depth.

As for us, whoever the hell the bpa is where we end up rafting is who I want us to take. I want it to be either Bennett or Noel since they had the best stats of any freshman outside of Smart, but neither is a sure bet with their health concerns. I really hope we get the number one because it's the only way we'll be able to get decent value out of a trade down if we decide that's the best way to go. The thunder and wolves would both give us good offers I imagine.

As bad as the front court situation seems, it's actually not that bad. Nene said he had some of the worst pain he's felt in his career and he still managed to play 60 games. All you really want to do in the East is finish 7th or better and avoid the Heat, as long as you do that you're pretty much fine.

And Okafors a non issue in terms of health/longevity imo. I think he's got 3 more good years in him.

The SF position is actually sneakily dire. Webster simply has a terrible injury history that might actually be worse than Roys despite Roy being on the verge of retirement, and Ariza doesn't seem like a very loyal guy, I could easily see him going to the Clips next summer.

Shabazz would be a great fit in terms of being a mostly off ball guy who can knock down the set jumpshot. He'd mix perfectly with Wall.

He can also play a lot of two.

Edit: Thunder would trade Lamb + Raptors pick for Noel, not for anyone else though. If I'm you guys I'd just keep Nerlens as it would mean a quality tank next year guaranteeing you Randle, Jabari or Wiggins.

As bad as the front court situation seems, it's actually not that bad. Nene said he had some of the worst pain he's felt in his career and he still managed to play 60 games. All you really want to do in the East is finish 7th or better and avoid the Heat, as long as you do that you're pretty much fine.

And Okafors a non issue in terms of health/longevity imo. I think he's got 3 more good years in him.

The SF position is actually sneakily dire. Webster simply has a terrible injury history that might actually be worse than Roys despite Roy being on the verge of retirement, and Ariza doesn't seem like a very loyal guy, I could easily see him going to the Clips next summer.

Shabazz would be a great fit in terms of being a mostly off ball guy who can knock down the set jumpshot. He'd mix perfectly with Wall.

Edit: Thunder would trade Lamb + Raptors pick for Noel, not for anyone else though. If I'm you guys I'd just keep Nerlens as it would mean a quality tank next year guaranteeing you Randle, Jabari or Wiggins.

The "Noel ensures a lot of losses" thing is really overrated. 90% of rookies make zero to negative impact in their first year (usually year and a half). Bennett and Shabazz and probably guys like Zeller and McLemore would destroy a team's defense next year and thus be a better tank weapon.

The "Noel ensures a lot of losses" thing is really overrated. 90% of rookies make zero to negative impact in their first year (usually year and a half). Bennett and Shabazz and probably guys like Zeller and McLemore would destroy a team's defense next year and thus be a better tank weapon.

another case of bill simmons psuedologic polluting nba discourse

if the narrative is that everyone after noel is such a huge dropoff then they'd still be tanking next year

He ensures a lot of losses because he won't actually be on the court for a while, let alone get big minutes nex season, meaning the Cats will literally make zero improvements roster wise to what was already a very bad team.

He ensures a lot of losses because he won't actually be on the court for a while, let alone get big minutes nex season, meaning the Cats will literally make zero improvements roster wise to what was already a very bad team.

Right, but if they pick Bennett (or really anyone other than Oladipo and Burke I think), they will likely be just as bad or worse.

Noel should be picked for his potential to be like Joakim Noah or a better Larry Sanders, I don't think tanking for next year should really factor in at all since most rookies won't help them.

Is Noel even going to be out that long? Not everyone is Derrick Frail as a Rose.

Probably will be back around January I would guess.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Pelicans were 4-14 in games where Davis was out this year and 23-41 in games he played in this year. If he missed some more games they'd be a lock for the most ping pong balls.

Of course with this upcoming draft class it wont matter since they all suck.

I think you have a good shot at finding a better player/fit for the 3 in next year's draft, even in the mid-1st. You just got rid of all your selfish players, adding Shabazz would negate all of that. That said it could just be his crazy Dad rubbing off on him, but that's impossible to know without separating them. A really good interviewer would probably go a long way towards finding out. It should be interesting at the very least.

As for Noel, if his knee checks out I agree we should just draft him and bide our time. If not lol

Emwitus

Like i said, it's really possible to lose to san antonio by an average of 40. Brace for that pipe.

EDIT: The only reason i would want melo to succeed is he might give miami the hardest time, maybe even eliminate them..It's sad they have to go against the celtz first.

KingGondo

Banned
That's the result for jabbing Gondo all season long.
One of my wife's best friends lives in Houston and has been texting me all season when James goes off for a huge game, and she was insufferable when he went off for 47 against us. TIME FOR REVENGE.

5 games max. Martin seems to play really well against Houston for some reason, and when that happens we put up 110+ points.

Still won't make me feel much better for trading Harden to them, but a return to the Finals would go a long way toward that.

One of my wife's best friends lives in Houston and has been texting me all season when James goes off for a huge game, and she was insufferable when he went off for 47 against us. TIME FOR REVENGE.

5 games max. Martin seems to play really well against Houston for some reason, and when that happens we put up 110+ points.

Still won't make me feel much better for trading Harden to them, but a return to the Finals would go a long way toward that.

Blunder make the Finals?

Pfft.

Only teams I'm (a bit) afraid of are Memphis and Denver, but I think we beat them with HCA.

Spurs are hobbled, Nuggets are missing Gallo, and we match up great against the Clips.

On another note: GO KNICKS GO

Clips won the season series last year. The regular season was just an aberration this year.

Celtics/Knicks going 7 if 3's don't hit

Live/die by JR will be Die for 3 games and playoff Jet will come through .

It'll be 5/6 most likely for the Knicks unless Pierce and KG and Jeff Green go nuts, it could happen.

Lol hawks, what a waste of a spot.

Rose is annoying me.

Everybody has to come and play a little bit until they can get 100%. You can't just play practice games all summer and act like you're back from day 1 next year.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Oklahoma City Thunder (1) vs. Houston Rockets (8) in 5
San Antonio Spurs (2) vs. L.A. Lakers (7) in 4
Denver Nuggets (3) vs. Golden State Warriors (6) in 6
L.A. Clippers (4) vs. Memphis Grizzlies (5) in 6

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Miami Heat (1) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (8) in 4
New York Knicks (2) vs. Boston Celtics (7) in 6
Indiana Pacers (3) vs. Atlanta Hawks (6) in 7
Brooklyn Nets (4) vs. Chicago Bulls (5) in 6

Rose is annoying me.

Everybody has to come and play a little bit until they can get 100%. You can't just play practice games all summer and act like you're back from day 1 next year.

rose is just waiting for boozer to be traded or amnestied

did you forget that he broke down in tears when he realized that there's another 3 years left on that boozer deal

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
rose is just waiting for boozer to be traded or amnestied

did you forget that he broke down in tears when he realized that there's another 3 years left on that boozer deal

Boozer did something Rose can't do.

Beat the Heat.

Bulls would be better off keeping Boozer and trading Rose.

the same boozer who got benched for kurt thomas in the 4th quarter and forced rose into those hilarious contested three pointers

as mike wilbon said, when rose misses all those shots and shoots 35% from the field it's because he has a big heart and loves his team

KingGondo

Banned
Clips won the season series last year. The regular season was just an aberration this year.
We handled the Clips pretty well this season, even though 2 of the games were somewhat close.

I just think we match up particularly well against you guys, especially with the shortened playoff benches.

Top Bottom