• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

thekad

Banned
With kobe the lakers were still in the playoff hunt. Is trolling all night gonna make you feel better for eventual okc rape that you will have to face?
Well, if I wanted to be "in the playoff hunt" rather than actually in the playoffs then I would take Kobe over Meeks, too. Otherwise, it's best Kobe is sitting at home.

ISOM

The Lakers play better without Kobe

As a team

I know what his trolling game is, it still doesn't have any facts to back it up. In fact the lakers look more uncoordinated these past two games on the offensive end then they have for awhile this season without kobe. I hope nash can be ready for game 1.

thekad

Banned
I know what his trolling game is, it still doesn't have any facts to back it up. In fact the lakers look more uncoordinated these past two games on the offensive end then they have for awhile this season. I hope nash can be ready for game 1.
It's not surprising that they're not coordinated since Kobe dominated every possession. Luckily, their defense has improved tenfold now that he's out forever.

Add Nash and the Lakers are a championship caliber team. It only took the injury of Ewing to reveal that.

I know what his trolling game is, it still doesn't have any facts to back it up. In fact the lakers look more uncoordinated these past two games on the offensive end then they have for awhile this season without kobe. I hope nash can be ready for game 1.

the difference is is that they can win with defense now whereas in the past whenever they looked uncoordinated it usually resulted in getting the pipe and being blown out by 20

more players get to the touch the ball on each possession resulting in them actually feeling involved and them more likely trying harder on defense

watching kobe dribble out rebounds and take horrible pull-up threes in transition is the reason why they were shit in the first place

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I know what his trolling game is, it still doesn't have any facts to back it up. In fact the lakers look more uncoordinated these past two games on the offensive end then they have for awhile this season. I hope nash can be ready for game 1.

I think they looked better on both ends of the floor

True they don't have a crunchtime scorer which hurts them but more players are getting involve

THRILLH0

Banned
The stars have aligned for Tmac to finally go further than Kobe in the playoffs but kad still can't get Kobe's name out of his mouth.

Blackace

the difference is is that they can win with defense now whereas in the past whenever they looked uncoordinated it usually resulted in getting the pipe and being blown out by 20

more players get to the touch the ball on each possession resulting in them actually feeling involved and them more likely trying harder on defense

watching kobe dribble out rebounds and take horrible pull-up threes in transition is the reason why they were shit in the first place

Bu-bu-but that's trolling

Darkman M

Worked in 09 *shrugs*

ISOM

I think they looked better on both ends of the floor

True they don't have a crunchtime scorer which hurts them but more players are getting involve

They have not looked better to me. Kobe was a guy that gave you 30 points a night while dishing out 9+ assist this past week. And meeks who was guarding harden left him wide open on alot of shots he just didn't hit them. I don't see how that correlates with kobe considering harden has been shooting bad for awhile now.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
dwight looked like he hated basketball when kobe was playing

now he's just having fun out there

Dwight has looked SO much better. Either he really did hate his roll with Kobe out there, or he is thriving on the opportunity to prove something. A lot of players step up when asked. Maybe he just needed to feel like, well, he was needed.

Blackace

They have not looked better to me. Kobe was a guy that gave you 30 points a night while dishing out 9+ assist this past week. And meeks who was guarding harden left him wide open on alot of shots he just didn't hit them. I don't see how that correlates with kobe considering harden has been shooting bad for awhile now.

He made sure he got those stats
They might have been better if he allowed the game to flow instead of forcing every play through him

ISOM

He made sure he got those stats
They might have been better if he allowed the game to flow instead of forcing every play through him

How do you force the game through yourself while averaging 9+ assist and pau at the same time averaging 7+ assists through 6-7 games before kobe was injured. Just stop..

Darkman M

Dwight has looked SO much better. Either he really did hate his roll with Kobe out there, or he is thriving on the opportunity to prove something. A lot of players step up when asked. Maybe he just needed to feel like, well, he was needed.

Dwight didn't just start playing better the last two games, he's been better since all-star break,and Pau coming back in the starting lineup has helped him as well.

Blackace

How do you force the game through yourself while averaging 9+ assist and pau at the same time averaging 7+ assists through 6-7 games before kobe was injured. Just stop..

Just stop? lol

Starbury put 22 and 9 quite a few seasons if only stats told the whole story he was great PG

If getting assist don't matter why do I have to hear about lebron so much lol and how he is gettings shots for his teammates.
because he gets them wide open shots in the flow of the offense?

if you can't understand the difference between the two as distributors I have no idea what else to tell you

Emwitus

West standings last 40 games:
1-DEN (33/7)
2-LAL (28/12)
3-MEM (28/12)
4-SAS (27/13)
5-OKC (27/13)
6-HOU (24/16)
7-DAL (23/17)
8-LAC (23/17)

hmm

Based kobe.....

With a special guest star: David stern.

ISOM

Just stop? lol

Starbury put 22 and 9 quite a few seasons if only stats told the whole story he was great PG

Lol at even comparing starbury to kobe. Goddamn ridiculous, I think the lakers making the playoffs have short circuted some people here.

ISOM

if you can't understand the difference between the two as distributors I have no idea what else to tell you

Kobe has been getting his teammates wide open shots all season as the offense dictates. If you can point to me some games that you think kobe is doing it so differently than lebron.

Please show me otherwise you are just spewing hate.

Lol at even comparing starbury to kobe. Goddamn ridiculous, I think the lakers making the playoffs have short circuted some people here.

you mentioned getting lots of assists so i gave you a reference point to prove the number means nothing

the only person short circuited is you thinking lebrons assists are the same as kobes

Emwitus

All our offense was run through kobe....just like it was during the triangle days.

Kobe has been getting his teammates wide open shots all season as the offense dictates. If you can point to me some games that you think kobe is doing it so differently than lebron.

Please show me otherwise you are just spewing hate.

miami_zps2be6be7e.png

I've got 66 games

Blackace

Oh Kobe is beyond getting compared to a mere mortal

What Kobe can on the basketball court is nothing short of a amazing but he has always been a selfish basketball player always

Getting ast doesn't always me you are playing unselfishly if you can't come to terms with that so be it but come out of pocket again and you be fishing sooner than the Lakers

Blackace

All our offense was run through kobe....just like it was during the triangle days.

The triangle is designed for that Mike D's o isn't

And I seem to remember Shaq getting first touches

ISOM

The triangle is designed for that Mike D's o isn't

The lakers aren't even running his offense anymore and haven't for awhile now. D'antoni's offense is what contributed to pau and howard struggling early in the season. He had pau parked at the three point line to spread the floor for howard.

Blackace

The lakers aren't even running his offense anymore and haven't for awhile now. D'antoni's offense is what contributed to pau and howard struggling early in the season. He had pau parked at the three point line to spread the floor for howard.

They aren't running the triangle also

Really gremlin? Sometimes i think you forget our coach is D'antoni.
Spurs will most likely be deprived of Manu, Diaw, and a fully healthy Parker. The bench unit is in tatters and the only player that consistently plays well for them is Kawhi Leonard. If they pound the paint, limit turnovers, and force Timmy to work with Dwight on him, I think the Lakers have a very good chance of dominating this series.

Pop's hands are really tied because he just doesn't have the same talent or cohesion with his club as he did last year. He'll make decent adjustments, but nothing short of Timmy playing 40+ will give the Spurs a realistic chance of winning this series without Manu or a competent TP.

Top Bottom