• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So Dwight is supposed to leave the 7th seed to go play for the 8th seed for less money, Rocket fans.

Huh? No Rockets fan here wants Howard. Keep him.

I want a new fucking coach.

thekad

Banned
Kobe going super saiyan in the playoffs was the Lakers' best chance this year. The reason LA won the last 3 games is because teams weren't used to playing vs. them without Kobe. The second time around they'll be figured out and exposed, which is exactly what we'll see happen in San Antonio.
Nah, Lakers won these last few because they didn't have to cover for Kobe's awful defense and dat Stern-approved FT differential.

The second advantage might go away but the first should get them at least a game or two. Maybe more if San Antonio is really gimped.

Emwitus

Kobe going super saiyan in the playoffs was the Lakers' best chance this year. The reason LA won the last 3 games is because teams weren't used to playing vs. them without Kobe. The second time around they'll be figured out and exposed, which is exactly what we'll see happen in San Antonio.

Nailed it.

Realistically speaking, the Lakers are only better with Kobe injured because Dwight's an emotional wreck. He no longer hates basketball with Kobe off the floor, which is probably enough to propel this team to at least two or three wins in the playoffs.

Nah, Lakers won these last few because they didn't have to cover for Kobe's awful defense and dat Stern-approved FT differential.

The second advantage might go away but the first should get them at least a game or two. Maybe more if San Antonio is really gimped.

I want to see numbers of people Kobe's guarded recently that have had big games vs. his defense. That's a joke, he's fine on D.

Cloudy

Banned
It's very plausible that the Lakers will perform better in the playoffs sans Kobe. He really didn't play defense all season and Howard's actually motivated as the focal point of the Lakers game plan. Nash coming back will only help facilitate more pick and roll offense and make the Lakers pretty formidable in the playoffs.

I think a motivated Dwight cancels out the offensive woes of missing Kobe. When healthy, Dwight is perennially the second most valuable player in the league.

The Lakers will be lucky to win one game. They were terrible tonight but Harden kept them in the game.

very upsetting that kobe is trying to take credit for his team making the playoffs, it was dwight, pau and steve blake's effort that brought them over the hump

"Rest of their games". Oh wow 2 home games. Went out on a limb!

Poor salty blaster.

i can't congratulate a team for recognizing that removing a player is addition by subtraction now? especially when you were trashing monta ellis last year

in fact there isn't really all that much difference between monta and kobe. both came out of high school, both are shooting guards, both are incredibly selfish volume scorers, both are some of the biggest defensive sieves in basketball and both their teams are better when they don't play

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
" Daryl Morey ‏@dmorey 29m

Congratulations to the Lakers. Let go Rocket's #BeatOKC"

STFU Fat Elvis.

The Lakers will be lucky to win one game. They were terrible tonight but Harden kept them in the game.

They'll win one and that's it. It'll be early in the series which will result in the talking heads on TV and online going nuts with the "Is this team better without Kobe?!" and then SA will drop the hammer and win the next 3 or 4 in a row.

Cloudy

Banned

This Kobe defense meme is really pissing me off. Bill Simmons ands Zach Lowe did a great job with their anti Kobe propaganda this year. People are really saying Meeks and Blakevplsy better D than Kobe lol

Fuck the Lakers, time for a more interesting conversation: Pacers-Hawks. The Hawks were great when starting Devin Harris this year and Hibbert being stretched out of the paint by Horford looks really interesting on paper.

Also, Ewing Theory is terribly phrased because it really isn't much of a theory (of course some players who are considered stars aren't, no shit) and because prime Ewing doesn't really seem to fit Ewing Theory at all...

linsivvi

Fuck the Lakers, time for a more interesting conversation: Pacers-Hawks. The Hawks were great when starting Devin Harris this year and Hibbert being stretched out of the paint by Horford looks really interesting on paper.

The only East 1st round series worth watching is Knicks vs Celtics....

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
" Daryl Morey ‏@dmorey 29m

Congratulations to the Lakers. Let go Rocket's #BeatOKC"

STFU Fat Elvis.

Why are you so mad?

Rockets have had a great season. They made the playoffs for the first time in 3 years. They have a really bright future. The season isn't over yet.

Rockets fans need to chill out.

Cloudy

Banned
Kobe's defense made Trevor Ariza look like Scottie Pippen.

Kobe gave him 3s like he does to a lot of mediocre shooters. problem is ariza got hot. the fact is that you rarely see Kobe broken down or just destroyed by anyone. even when he has to guard pgs while playing 45 mins. this attack on his defense like its so bad is one of the most dishonest things I've seen in sports

Also, Ewing Theory is terribly phrased because it really isn't much of a theory (of course some players who are considered stars aren't, no shit) and because prime Ewing doesn't really seem to fit Ewing Theory at all...

Poor Jazz. Sucking as usual.

how is it a meme when kobe has the 8th worst DRTG on his own team

When you're forced to play 48 mins a game and carry the load on offense, including being a major facilitator, your D will take a hit, but his D isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be even despite those variables. Mountain out of a molehill.

very upsetting that kobe is trying to take credit for his team making the playoffs, it was dwight, pau and steve blake's effort that brought them over the hump

i can't congratulate a team for recognizing that removing a player is addition by subtraction now? especially when you were trashing monta ellis last year

in fact there isn't really all that much difference between monta and kobe. both came out of high school, both are shooting guards, both are incredibly selfish volume scorers, both are some of the biggest defensive sieves in basketball and both their teams are better when they don't play

Still salty about 2009. Forever in your blood!

Blaster still salty about Dwight dumping him for us. He's not as pretty as us.

i've written nothing but praise for these new look lakers

in fact as much as I'd like to see a sweep, I think they can give the spurs an incredibly tough series

while it's patently obvious pop will give dantoni the pipe in the coaching realm, the new big three of dwight, pau and blake could make things interesting especially if we see tim donecan

Top Bottom