• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Cloudy

Banned
Why are you so mad?

Rockets have had a great season. They made the playoffs for the first time in 3 years. They have a really bright future. The season isn't over yet.

Rockets fans need to chill out.
I'd be mad if I was a rockets fan. they were satisfied with just making the plkayoffs and didn't bring it tonight

thekad

Banned
very upsetting that kobe is trying to take credit for his team making the playoffs, it was dwight, pau and steve blake's effort that brought them over the hump
No way Lakers could have made the playoffs if Kobe didn't trip over himself and end his career while simultaneously being gifted two key free throws. If that doesn't get him on the 1st team I don't know what will.

This Kobe defense meme is really pissing me off. Bill Simmons ands Zach Lowe did a great job with their anti Kobe propaganda this year. People are really saying Meeks and Blakevplsy better D than Kobe lol

Lakers gave up 100+ in 26 of their losses.

Kobe and superfriends got torched all year, bro.

Smokey

It's the truth.

Morey is still a genius. Rockets made the playoffs, people need to chill the hell out.

Everybody actin like the season is over when they haven't played a game yet.

Also, fuck Courtney Lee.

They are playing against okc. Steve trollface blake led the team in scoring against them. Harden lost a nut. And I should be celebrating with durant coming up?

PLS

Mahonay

Banned
Man what a game from Gasol and Howard tonight. They both appear to be back to their old selves, although they really had no choice but to step it up.

Gasol could have had something more like 15-16 assists if his passes to open shooters didn't miss a bunch of times. He seems to have some height back in his jump too. Getting up higher for rebounds.

Dwight, what a beast on defense tonight. He really kept the Lakers in the game during that first half, while the rest of the team played absolutely horrible defense. Even if his offense was bad that first half, his energy was high. Second half, he really shut down many of the plays the Rockets were attempting to run. Just stood in the middle of key and dared people to drive on him, while constantly moving out to give help. It was impressive to watch. Harden made that one miracle shot off the top of the backboard, but his big ass was there waiting for them every time.

Meeks with that drive and drunk. Blake suddenly producing. I'm not sure if we can keep expecting that kind of play out of those guys. Good news for LA is that Nash should be back for the first round. Hopefully healthy enough to do some vintage Nash magic. See if Metta is in better shape by then as well.

linsivvi

I'd be mad if I was a rockets fan. they were satisfied with just making the plkayoffs and didn't bring it tonight

But it's not Morey's fault. Blame it on the coach, not the guy who put the team together.

Also, Kobe is #3 in defensive win share on the Lakers, behind Dwight and Metta.

On offense, he's more than double of the next guy, Nash.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
dwight looked like he hated basketball when kobe was playing

now he's just having fun out there
*rolls eyes* I knew this shit was gonna pop off when Kobe went down. Dwight has been beasting on D for a long while now...

I can't wait to watch people suddenly develop amnesia and try to rewrite history too "bu bu the Lakers weren't even playing well until Kobe went down!" shit like this is just the complete opposite of the facts, but it wont matter, people like this have already decided the narrative.

if that doesn't make you question these dumb stats, I don't know what else to say. kobe is the only guy on that team that's able to even bother opposing pgs

harden went 8 for 25 with blake and morris guarding him tonight, i guarantee this wouldn't have happened if kobe was checking him

in fact darius morris' ball pressure was unbelievable tonight and was key in forcing those 6 harden turnovers

thekad

Banned
That's because Kobe played more games than anyone. Especially the first half of the year when Dwight was slow as molasses and pau was out.

Pau played almost no games without Dwight or Kobe.
Kobe also played almost no games without Dwight.

But Kobe's out and the Lakers play their best D of the season. He deserves a medal for sacrificing himself for the Lakers team to make the playoffs.

*rolls eyes* I knew this shit was gonna pop off when Kobe went down. Dwight has been beasting on D for a long while now...

I can't wait to watch people suddenly develop amnesia and try to rewrite history too "bu bu the Lakers weren't even playing well until Kobe went down!" shit like this is just the complete opposite of the facts, but it wont matter, people like this have already decided the narrative.

Not worth falling for the trolls. Lakers were 26-12 before these last 2 without Kobe.

Laker season turned when they got Blake back and Dwight got healthier followed by pau.

In fact, that the lakers won 45 games this year with half a season from Nash pau and Blake and half a year from kwame Howard (and no hill) is a testament to the greatness of Kobe. Should be given an award for carrying the lakers.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They are playing against okc. Steve trollface blake led the team in scoring against them. Harden lost a nut. And I should be celebrating with durant coming up?

PLS

I'm not saying that I'm just saying they still made the playoffs this year.

Most people didn't even expect that much. Hollinger had them pegged at 35 wins after the Harden deal.

It was still a really good season for the Rockets even if the end was disappointing. Also this fear OKC shit is such loser talk, I hope the actual players on the Rockets aren't as cowardly as their fans or their head coach.

The fans should be backing this team to the end and now they're running away wanting nothing to do with them. I find that crazy.

Darkman M

harden went 8 for 25 with blake and morris guarding him tonight, i guarantee this wouldn't have happened if kobe was checking him

in fact darius morris' ball pressure was unbelievable tonight and was key in forcing those 6 harden turnovers
Harden went 8-25 because he chucks a lot of 3'sband depends on making contact in the lane. Harden has shot like 40%the last two months... Nice try though.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Not worth falling for the trolls. Lakers were 26-12 before these last 2 without Kobe.

Laker season turned when they got Blake back and Dwight got healthier followed by pau.

In fact, that the lakers won 45 games this year with half a season from Nash pau and Blake and half a year from kwame Howard (and no hill) is a testament to the greatness of Kobe. Should be given an award for carrying the lakers.
I know people are going to troll with that shit, but I wanted to address it because there are going to be huge swaths of idiots who are not trolling. They will actually believe that shit. Hell, some already believe.

Smokey

I'm not saying that I'm just saying they still made the playoffs this year.

Most people didn't even expect that much. Hollinger had them pegged at 35 wins after the Harden deal.

It was still a really good season for the Rockets even if the end was disappointing. Also this fear OKC shit is such loser talk, I hope the actual players on the Rockets aren't as cowardly as their fans or their head coach.

The fans should be backing this team to the end and now they're running away wanting nothing to do with them. I find that crazy.

You ain't from Houston son

u don't understand. U haven't seen what I've seen from our pro teams over the years

I'll be at game 3..so there's my support doesn't mean they still aren't gonna get rocked and calling it what it is

Harden went 8-25 because he chucks a lot of 3'sband depends on making contact in the lane. Harden has shot like 40%the last two months... Nice try though.

he was forced to chuck those bad threes because of blake and morris' stalwart defense

as gremlinfool said, this was the best defense by one team seen all season

Emwitus

I........I.........I agree?

EDIT: Stop feeding the trolls. T-kad is probably choking in salt right now...drink some getorade son.

linsivvi

Wow, his March number was even worse. 39% for the month. His TS looks good because he draws so many fouls. He probably runs out of steam from playing much more minutes than previous seasons.

Kobe and Jamison's DWS per minute look identical from that...

Only makes sense if minutes played is not a factor at all. Stats can be manipulated to confirm your bias. The Lakers is a shit defensive team regardless, and there's no point in comparing Drtg between players of different teams.

Mamba face activated:

041713_blake_670.jpg

============

Strong Gasol back, that's all that matter. Fuck Nash if he can't show up in the playoffs.

are you insane? Lakers desperately need a healthy Nash for the playoffs.

ISOM

The Lakers best wins of the season (@IND, SA, HOU) came without Kobe.

Off the top of my head beating okc and memphis with kobe were better than beating indiana and houston. GTFOH

Edit: And the houston game was some ugly, ugly basketball. The laker were in fact lucky to come out with the win.

I'd include the lakers win over the knicks christmas day with kobe also.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Playoffs OT title ideas!

As usual, PM me whatever you want included in the OP.

You ain't from Houston son

u don't understand. U haven't seen what I've seen from our pro teams over the years

I'll be at game 3..so there's my support doesn't mean they still aren't gonna get rocked and calling it what it is

tell em smokey

darkside is a foul, venereal diseased whore of a fan

he's gone from the magic, to the hornets, and now the rockets

the next team that jj redick goes to he'll follow with his mouth wide open

thekad

Banned
With Kobe: out of the playoffs, awful defense, lose to Trevor Ariza.

Without Kobe: 7th seed, league best defense, best wins of the season.

In this case, correlation equals causation.

ISOM

With Kobe: out of the playoffs, awful defense, lose to Trevor Ariza.

Without Kobe: 7th seed, league best defense, best wins of the season.

In this case, correlation equals causation.

With kobe the lakers were still in the playoff hunt. Is trolling all night gonna make you feel better for eventual okc rape that you will have to face?

Top Bottom