• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Will Tomb Raider be the next Crysis 3? Not that I'm complaining, don't plan to buy it for a few months and not even sure I'll play it, so love getting the visuals sans the effort and price.

Spazznid

Wait. So this is the first time I've seen this in this thread, that TR pic with an fps counter that low. Does it mean you guys crank everything up just to take pictures but can't really play games looking like this with an acceptable framerate like 30fps or 60fps? Mindblown. Sorry, console peasant here.

I'm not going to take a screenshot at less than amazing levels unless it's for the Low-res crappy screenshot thread.

golem

iiaFaWGwEHkkM.png

iNnMdp793d2zF.png

legacyzero

Banned
What is up with the "woman looking up at me, while holding a pole" shots up in here? Mix it up LOL

shot is awesome as hell.

Ceebs

I failed to get any good screens of it, but the DOF when you get get into the cave below the temple was MINDBLOWINGLY good.

Also it is starting to get comical how abused Lara gets in this game.

tombraider2013-03-042kbr51.png

Edit: oops wrong screenshot

Wait. So this is the first time I've seen this in this thread, that TR pic with an fps counter that low. Does it mean you guys crank everything up just to take pictures but can't really play games looking like this with an acceptable framerate like 30fps or 60fps? Mindblown. Sorry, console peasant here.

i'm guessing only certain people. I will never play a game under 30 fps and thats why i got myself a gtx 680. I've posted maybe 1 or 2 shots that were downsampled and they were like 20 fps but other than that they are all playable fps

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Crysis 3 is probably the more technically impressive game, but Tomb Raider is a hell of a lot more visually appealing. These screenshots are crazy.

Spazznid

Close to the end, I think, and it's been a great ride so far. Feels like Uncharted, except the AI feel way aggressive in a good way. Also, much better gameplay, IMO. Not as extravagant setpieces maybe, but I have solid faith in the next TR to deliver.

You get so bruised and cut by the end of the game, it's amazing. Also, I think in the beginning, you see mascara on Lara's face, and by the end you see Terminator. She really does change.

ibdMJ6gjTw4ig2.png

iTbEyuy0eict5.png

Bulk_Rate

rFactor with DRM Revival Mod. Yes this is DX8 level stuff but god damn it I love having 50 cars on track at this quality at 60+FPS with good AI to boot!
untitled5hoar.png

Who would have thought that Tomb Raider of all games would be the one to steal some thunder from a new Crysis.

It's the TressFX

I thought it was a play on TRESemmé Hair products but realised its related to Tesselated Physx.

Also, why is it that with TressFX ON, my framerate is in the shitter @ 1080p, but at 720p my framerate is a solid 60 with TressFX ON.

Also what does high precision do?

Top Bottom