• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

trfirstepjso.png

Can't get clipping fixed on a scripted animation sequence?

Geez, I thought EVERY post in the last page was going to be fucking Tomb Raider, lol. Way to jump on a game for the "hair physics" and "dat ass", GAF.

iNvid02

nah it does look much improved over 2, looking at arma isnt painful anymore

tomb raider, still borked with nvidia so cant get ds to work yet. for shame nixxes

tombraider20130306010dyu8x.png

tombraider201303060108au5z.png

Watevaman

Is the performance better? That's all I really care about honestly lol

Hard to tell. It is good at the moment but the alpha also only contains the smaller playable area from what I've heard. So like A2, where Utes ran a lot better than Chernarus, the island in the alpha might be a lot better in terms of performance.

IMACOMPUTA

Arma 3 doesn't look nearly as impressive as I thought it would. It's barely a step above Arma 2.
I couldn't disagree with this more. The game looks insane. They way the world is lit and the way storms roll in naturally is mind blowing. I think you'd change your mind if you played it.

RoKKeR

An honest day's work in SimCity. First shot is a view of my city from my brother's shanty town, and the second is a particularly cool building I found.

Qom.png

Som.png

Blizzard

Banned
People posting shots on Minus, just so you know the site is being INCREDIBLY slow. Like not just taking 5-10 minutes to load a page when other image hosts load quickly, but actually timing out so the images don't finish, at least for me. Abload.de is still fine as far as I know, though I dread the day if it ever goes down.

sp3000

I was expecting Arma 3 to look better than BF3 since it's a PC only game not limited by last gen consoles. I guess the huge play area limits what they can push graphically.

A straight up copy/paste from my post in the ArmA 3 thread, but here are some alpha pics.
Click the links for 2880x1620 versions:

arma3201303051908298080.png

LINK

arma3201303051840258780.png

LINK

EDIT: Spreading the original 6 pics over more posts, to comply with topic rules.

LordAlu

Is there a way to force Tomb Raider to use DX11 for dat TressFX? I must be blind as I can't find a menu option for it or for DX11. Unless you have to turn on some other setting?

That being said, game looks great! For a moment i thought it was FarCry.

The game does look good, but in many cases it doesn't carry over to the screens. The only thing that's not looking too hot, is the terrain at a distance, but that's always been the case with both OP:F and the ArmA games.

It's undoubtedly a step up from ArmA II, even in it's alpha stage (although I'm not expecting a massive graphical discrepancy between the alpha build and the final game).

arma3201303051831180780.png

LINK

arma3201303051831372980.png

LINK

x3sphere

People posting shots on Minus, just so you know the site is being INCREDIBLY slow. Like not just taking 5-10 minutes to load a page when other image hosts load quickly, but actually timing out so the images don't finish, at least for me. Abload.de is still fine as far as I know, though I dread the day if it ever goes down.

I've been seeing this on a lot of minus shots lately, seems they implemented some bandwidth protection like Imageshack

http://i.minus.com/smedia/minus/images/notfound-temporary.png

-griffy-

Banned
It's the TressFX

I thought it was a play on TRESemmé Hair products but realised its related to Tesselated Physx.

Also, why is it that with TressFX ON, my framerate is in the shitter @ 1080p, but at 720p my framerate is a solid 60 with TressFX ON.

Also what does high precision do?

Tress actually means a long lock of hair; especially : the long unbound hair of a woman —usually used in plural!

Top Bottom