• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

I really love this little shop in Battleship Bay.

ibl7KFxn1KSaZZ.png

I love Mirrors Edge and all, but the balls is spitting out 6MB PNGs?

Edit: Really like that sniper shot Neo. Would be perfect if
you could edit the bullet trail a bit so it doesn't look so thick. Think it looks a bit crude in relation to the rifle.

I suck with Photoshop, sadly. Maybe this one is better?

8616389766_f2e2af50bd_o.png

Aaaaand some more. This game... definitely getting stale now. As much as I love it....

8616541366_f3a8635d53_o.png

4k/60fps gaming FOR LYFE SON!

Those are 1920x1080 images. 4K has no affect on the resulting file size when downsampled. Unless you're just being sarcastic =P

Seriously though. I'm all for PNGs, but it's easy to get those to 2.5 - 3MB for no difference in quality whatsoever.

Spazznid

Has HL2 aged well or is that my nostalgia goggles?

Ambient Occlusion helps some of the flat textures. but HL2 is still very pretty.

EDIT: Actually, the shot's I'm posting currently are Pretty much Vanilla, but the others are using a mod called Cinematic Mod, which makes the game look more Hollywood. Both look great to me, though Cinematic Mod has it's bad moments.

RooMHM

I need to buy Gears of War. But GFWL....

Dat hardwood floor!
Too much color in your games?

Nice textures but the floor isn't as well made as one could hope. The transition between the two shapes of wooden tiles isn't realistic (and no it doesn't take a lot of work to put a black outline on a texture).

Finally got the chance to play the game on pc. My brother got it for free with his Graphics Card and gave it to me. will mostly play it for the multiplayer, i think.

jyn.png

kyn.png

I love your screenshots, but it's a "shame" they're mostly not 16:9. would love to use that first Elizabeth image as an wallpaper.

Yeaaah... I've been getting that quite a bit with this game and my screenshots. I should have known it would be a wallpaper factory.

I got hooked on this aspect ratio. It's so bloody cinematic and I love it. Makes for great screenshots too. But not so much wallpapers. The only saving grace is that I'm downsampling from 3840x1620, so a 1920x1080 crop is possible. It's just not downsampled as far.

So here that is.

Yeaaah... I've been getting that quite a bit with this game and my screenshots. I should have known it would be a wallpaper factory.

I got hooked on this aspect ratio. It's so bloody cinematic and I love it. Makes for great screenshots too. But not so much wallpapers. The only saving grace is that I'm downsampling from 3840x1620, so a 1920x1080 crop is possible. It's just not downsampled as far.

So here that is.

THANK YOU! :D
I can see the appeal with that aspect ratio. Some time ago, i did some screenshots on it. It's indeed cinematic.

EDIT: Deleted post. Figured it might be doing more harm than a certain picture is already doing without additional context. You know who you are, delete the screenshot.

Spazznid

So here that is.

Do you play on a TV? You could get away with a much higher res, you know. I'm using my Bravia and get 1782p max before needing to change Hertz settings. Bravia doesn't like different Hertz, so That's as high as I go until I change my setup.

Do you play on a TV? You could get away with a much higher res, you know. I'm using my Bravia and get 1782p max before needing to change Hertz settings. Bravia doesn't like different Hertz, so That's as high as I go until I change my setup.

I'm playing on a monitor. In my experience, the limiting factor is the width. So I can achieve 3840x2160 but can't seem to go higher. 3840x1620 using the same timings and whatnot, just has black bars on the top and bottom when I play games with it.

It's weird going back and using 3840x2160. That aspect ratio feels so claustrophobic...

Spazznid

I'm playing on a monitor. In my experience, the limiting factor is the width. So I can achieve 3840x2160 but can't seem to go higher. 3840x1620 using the same timings and whatnot, just has black bars on the top and bottom when I play games with it.

It's weird going back and using 3840x2160. That aspect ratio feels so claustrophobic...

I know that feel.

Top Bottom