• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Lunar15

I love this thread! Took some great shots with GW2 over the past year, and this is my favorite one.

iRA1oM7bRa6xj.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
You can add CA to any version of SweetFX to my knowledge. You just need teh shader FX file and reference it in the settings and main.h.

Here's a SweetFX package with CA though.

That there is Boulotaur2024's injector with CeeJay's latest 1.5 shaders. This supports 64bit and DX11 games, and as such can be used in BF4.

Awesome thanks for sharing this. I remember you mentioning a CA shader in SweetFx a while back and that you might have linked it. I was about to look through the thread to try and find it, you just saved me the trouble, thanks duder!

This game is fucking great!

holy shiet, is there some super secrit setting I didn't find in the option menu ? lighting looks great in this screen and it's nothing like what I got in mine (not to mention the game looks more blurry on my screen but i guess that's just downsampling that makes your game look sharper).

Sethos

Banned
Man this game refuses to stay clean. When you've finally bumped up the resolution to crazy numbers, you still have reflections and poor AO rendering that causes what appears to be aliasing. Such a shame =/ Probably need to go back to a 0.82 ENB where the low-quality AO isn't as aggressive. 0.163 still needs work.

2vAcXI4.png

4sT5XiV.png

midhras

VERY nice. Hate the game, but it can be a looker sometimes. How are you getting such good AA outside of downsampling? Inspector??

I almost never touch Inspector any more. I just downsample and use injected SMAA (maxed out). That's enough for most jaggies in many games. I really should try running this via SoftTH as I've got some CPU/GPU cycles to spare at 1998p (what with the atrocious textures), but even at 8K this game will probably still look like a bad port. (I'm not trying to sound like a broken record here... it's just... such a waste.)

I admit it has some moody areas. Still, I'm not very much impressed... yet. And I'm an easy guy to impress.

midhras

SMAA injector?? Oh do tell!

The SweetFX suites have incorporated the old SMAA injector from day one. People are often very quick to bash SFX based on what you can destroy with it, but it's an insanely diverse pack of shaders. If anything, you can merely use it for the SMAA injection and lossless screenshot taking.

I'm currently using the hybrid of boulotaur's injector and the recent v1.5 of CeeJay.dk's SweetFX that K-putt merged. You can get it here or from that link that neoenigma put up earlier.

It's quite simple to set up. Just toss the entire contents of that thing in your base game folder, where the executable is located, enable the shaders you want, and tweak the settings to your liking. At the bottom of the configuration text file, there are three keycode constants you can set up to your liking to 1) refresh any changes you made on the fly 2) toggle SFX on/off and 3) take a lossless screenshot.

legacyzero

Banned
The SweetFX suites have incorporated the old SMAA injector from day one. People are often very quick to bash SFX based on what you can destroy with it, but it's an insanely diverse pack of shaders. If anything, you can merely use it for the SMAA injection and lossless screenshot taking.

I'm currently using the hybrid of boulotaur's injector and the recent v1.5 of CeeJay.dk's SweetFX that K-putt merged. You can get it here or from that link that neoenigma put up earlier.

It's quite simple to set up. Just toss the entire contents of that thing in your base game folder, where the executable is located, enable the shaders you want, and tweak the settings to your liking. At the bottom of the configuration text file, there are three keycode constants you can set up to your liking to 1) refresh any changes you made on the fly 2) toggle SFX on/off and 3) take a lossless screenshot.

ahhhh I see. Isn't there a SMAA injector without Sweetfx?

midhras

Why anyone would want to use the old injector over SweetFX is beyond me. For one, you can use this with DX11 and 64bits games. Secondly, it also has FXAA which is a feasible option if you're using 4K plus downsampling. Thirdly, boulotaur's injector has better performance on DX9 games versus mrhaandi's injector (only a bit better for DX11). Fourthly, better screenshot naming (YEAH!). Fifthly, ability to chain another d3d9 wrapper (Helix, ENB, whatever). Sixthly, this version I linked is superbly easy to set up (drag and drop). Really, if you don't like all the options, just leave them off. No need to be a luddite about it.

Of course, if all you need is SMAA... all you need is SMAA.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Two Metro: Last Light monsters cropped together, as they appear in the developer pack museum.

metro5quzx.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Here's the guide how to use it

http://helixmod.blogspot.se/2012/04/how-to-guide-remove-effects-from-game.html

It's kinda complex at first but easy once you learn it.

Once you've removed an effect or HUD from a game you can just share that mod

Here's the no HUD mod I did for FEAR 2 is anyone wants it

http://www.mediafire.com/?xol9ltqg9djo376

(I'll upload a different version later this one might not work)

OH man, I knew I saw you over on the 3D vision forums! Do you actually have a 3D monitor or were you just posting to remove the HUD?

Also, you probably already know, but for those who don't - these tools don't work for DX11 games, BUT there are currently tools being made for DX11 games as well, and one of them, 3DMIGOTO is already out and I believe has the debugger built in already. There currently isn't any documentation on how to use it though. In due time.

OH man, I knew I saw you over on the 3D vision forums! Do you actually have a 3D monitor or were you just posting to remove the HUD? .

I do have a 3D monitor but I haven't even tried 3D gaming yet lol. I just use that tool to remove HUD and sometimes annoying effects.

holy shiet, is there some super secrit setting I didn't find in the option menu ? lighting looks great in this screen and it's nothing like what I got in mine (not to mention the game looks more blurry on my screen but i guess that's just downsampling that makes your game look sharper).

That's pretty much the only part that looks that nice in the whole game :p Not that it's a bad looking game or anything, but it does have some pretty poor textures.

I'm just running it in DX11 mode with everything turned up in 1080 with SMAA injected. Nothing fancy.

Why anyone would want to use the old injector over SweetFX is beyond me. .
Indeed. The original SMAA injector is very outdated. Boulotaur rewrote the injector to work with 64bit and DX11, AND he fixed the old crappy naming scheme for screenshots to something that actually makes sense.

Also, mad props to k-putt for marrying the new shaders with Boulotaur's injector. He's another duder I want to convert to the GAFs.

holy black levels batman. was that scene always like that?

BONKERS

Man this game refuses to stay clean. When you've finally bumped up the resolution to crazy numbers, you still have reflections and poor AO rendering that causes what appears to be aliasing. Such a shame =/ Probably need to go back to a 0.82 ENB where the low-quality AO isn't as aggressive. 0.163 still needs work.

GTA IV isn't the only game. Man, so many developers have such shit implementations of Ambient Occlusion. It makes the game look worse rather than better like it should.

Even more so when it's temporally incoherent and super low res AO that just looks ugly as hell and causes tons of aliasing issues. (Fear 3,Alien Breed, Bionic Commando 2009,Afterfall Insanity,Duke Nukem Forever for example. There are more that I can't think of atm)
http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/research/publications/2010/mattausch-2010-tao/

Nearly every game that has built in AO I end up turning off because it's so poor quality. (There are exceptions though. Quite a few too)

It'd be nice if we could just at least edit some config files for full resolution AO in games. That'd help at least a little bit.

Sethos

Banned
GTA IV isn't the only game. Man, so many developers have such shit implementations of Ambient Occlusion. It makes the game look worse rather than better like it should.

Well, can't blame anyone as it's part of the ENB. It was recently updated for GTA IV which improved the AO quite a lot but it also adds a thick blurred line at door edges etc. which seems to alias a lot - Which is a shame. However HBAO+ in general does seem like it's getting close(r) to perfection.

Any case, went back to an older ENB and messed around

HMERpSD.png

8h0a5dR.png

10372430983_a1dfcd9d74_o.png

10372492943_f25376608e_o.png

Indeed. The original SMAA injector is very outdated. Boulotaur rewrote the injector to work with 64bit and DX11, AND he fixed the old crappy naming scheme for screenshots to something that actually makes sense.

Also, mad props to k-putt for marrying the new shaders with Boulotaur's injector. He's another duder I want to convert to the GAFs.

holy black levels batman. was that scene always like that?

Yes..its a very dark scene.

Anyway its impossible go beyond 5K res...game always crash. : (

Top Bottom