• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Ahhh Nic Clapper. Gotta love him.

You can actually do a hud toggle with helix which eliminates the annoying menu transition for a screenshot trick, but you still have the character to to hide if you want scenery shots. All in all, the game still lacks a free camera so trying to do crazy amazing screenshots just isn't going to happen.

Are you saying that with helix you can remove the hud? that's great mate!

I suppose this is link of it: http://helixmod.blogspot.it/2012/08/darksiders-ii-alternative-3d-vision-fix.html

Spazznid

Some of those shots are very good. This one in particular convinced me to get the game.

Best part about that shot is the title.

Fever+Ray+fever_ray.jpg

midhras

The way I see it, you have to win your freaking spurs before you can take a look at Nic Clapper's shots and trivializingly state 'some of these shots are very good'. Either that, or you were honestly going for a huge, sweeping understatement. This is not me trying to sound unfriendly, but as far as I'm concerned what his output lacks in quantity is well made up for in pure fucking awesomely amazing visual magic.

It seriously doesn't get much better than Clapper.

Q.E.D.

EDIT: Damn those Hawken shots. Something about that game is so alluring. I don't know if I can hold off for much longer...

Spazznid

The way I see it, you have to win your freaking spurs before you can take a look at Nic Clapper's shots and trivializingly state 'some of these shots are very good'. Either that, or you were honestly going for a huge, sweeping understatement. This is not me trying to sound unfriendly, but as far as I'm concerned what his output lacks in quantity is well made up for in pure fucking awesomely amazing visual magic.

Q.E.D.

EDIT: Damn those Hawken shots. Something about that game is so alluring. I don't know if I can hold off for much longer...

The fact that it's the only game that made me think a video game of Tekkonkinkreet was possible.

Also, it was recently updated with a new forest level which I'll share some shots of later, and a new progression system. You can now unlock and max all mechs without paying a dime. Which is cool. It's starting to get there, but it's not quite as good of a system as Warframe is. There's still plenty of time. I think they should go for PS4 release or something to get more players interested.

midhras

Tekkonkinkreet. That's it. Brilliant. Now why didn't I think of that. Would be amazing to be a little parkours runner dashing about during those great mech battles, by the way.

Spazznid

Tekkonkinkreet. That's it. Brilliant. Now why didn't I think of that. Would be amazing to be a little parkours runner dashing about during those great mech battles, by the way.

God it would. But since you're adding things together, why stop at mechs? Titans in Kinkreet versus Mechs, while you use 3d Maneuver gear to parkour around the city.

ICPEE

Having trouble?

:::EDIT::: Looks like you got it sorted out. :D
Yes thanks. I am having trouble uploading my 3 screens but its fine i will settle for these two. Its my first time uploading anything to this site so many thanks for the help.

EDIT: I see now that the pics are small so i am going to try to upload them at original size. Apologies for this but its trial and error for me since im new to this. Thanks

Spazznid

Yes thanks. I am having trouble uploading my 3 screens but its fine i will settle for these two. Its my first time uploading anything to this site so many thanks for the help.

Well, I'd advise you to set up an account somewhere else, as I beleive Photobucket resizes your images. Also, remember that the rules state that you can only post 2 images per post, and you can only post three times in a row.

As for the image host, I'd reccomend Minus or Flickr.

Not to be an asshole, but this is the high-res PC screenshot thread.

It may be that Photobucket resized his shots, or maybe not. But either way, I know Photobucket to do that.

ICPEE

Not to be an asshole, but this is the high-res PC screenshot thread.

Yes i understand. I am taking the advice of Spazznid and getting a Flickr account to upload my pics because Photobucket is resizing my images.
Post and pic count noted. Thanks for the help.

a>

GutsCrush3R

Neo Member
Playing a second run of Batman AA while waiting for Origins. The game aged a lot (more than I would have thought). In my memories it was close to AC, but there's actually a huge technical difference between the two.

shippingpc-bmgame2013gws8f.jpg

shippingpc-bmgame2013rhsu3.jpg

Spazznid

Yes i understand. I am taking the advice of Spazznid and getting a Flickr account to upload my pics because Photobucket is resizing my images.
Post and pic count noted. Thanks for the help.

a>

If you need any help, let me know. My Steam name is the same as my GAF name. Flickr can be annoying at times with how you get the image link, but overall, I like it more than any other host I've used, and I used to hate the idea of using Flickr, so that's saying a lot.

Here's a Fan-made Unity based WipEout game. It's in early alpha stage, but is pretty playable. The latest build added bots, more tracks, a day/night setting, and menus. Controls don't completely work, but it's a strong start nonetheless. They even have an exclusive track by CoLD SToRAGE specifically made for the game. Pretty awesome.

10409293615_c7041da579_o.png

10409292415_06d144988d_o.png

One3rd

Best part about that shot is the title.
Love that title, matches the scene perfectly.

pure fucking awesomely amazing visual magic.

Totally agree.

I really like these Spazz, and those Hawken shots make me want to get back in and give it another shot. Have they added in a spectator mode that can be used for screenshotting?

Spazznid

I tried for a while to get a shot of that thing, and that AR nails it :p

Thanks, and thanks for getting me on the top of the page, lol. Hate posting last on page.

Love that title, matches the scene perfectly.

Totally agree.

I really like these Spazz, and those Hawken shots make me want to get back in and give it another shot. Have they added in a spectator mode that can be used for screenshotting?

Not that I know of. Unfortunately, the devs seem to never really answer the call on the forums, from what I've seen by googling it. If you play as the Sniper class, I assume the No UI command (togglevisor) will allow for some nice DOF and low FOV shots. Might try later. Also, despite there being supersampling, via the ini, the wires in the city refuse to look good.

10413973476_dbc7983156_o.png

10413973296_508beeee96_o.png

Something a bit different. Thought I'd try Topaz Simplify on a Crysis 3 shot.

Original res was 7000x3500. I tried to find a nice combo of detail and that "fantasy" feel.

10415499813_c021c79851_o.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Something a bit different. Thought I'd try Topaz Simplify on a Crysis 3 shot.

Original res was 7000x3500. I tried to find a nice combo of detail and that "fantasy" feel.

10415499813_c021c79851_o.jpg

Huh, that filter is pretty great. Would you mind posting the unedited image as well to compare against?

It totally has that concept art vibe.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Here is the original for that.

Here I tried to simplify a bit more. Grass becomes a bit blocky.

10415659374_14b59d0813_o.jpg

Original

Bonus. Tried a Battlefield 4 shot. They're rather fun to do. Though I can see how they might get old fast.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7447/10415860573_15f7d4eaf6_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I really like the way the leaves look in the original filtered picture you posted, and the grass in the background on this one looks really, really fantastic.

I can see why everyone bitches about TXAA now. Which is a shame but it's main selling point of course is just how good it looks in motion when playing the game. Kind of wish it didn't have such a ridiculous impact on performance too. So I guess I won't be getting too many good shots out of Assassin's Creed 3.

Downsampled from 1920x1080 -- I just love how hilariously ugly that face is.
datfacewljbf.jpg

heh9skz8.jpg

Top Bottom