• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Spazznid

I can see why everyone bitches about TXAA now. Which is a shame but it's main selling point of course is just how good it looks in motion when playing the game. So I guess I won't be getting too many good shots out of Assassin's Creed 3.

Downsampled from 1920x1080 -- I just low how hilariously ugly that face is.
datfacewljbf.jpg

heh9skz8.jpg

Looks more normal than ugly to me. Meh, I don't really judge doods, though.

First off, fantastic shots Stallion.

Secondly, just wanted to try that plugin on an old image. Hope no one minds.

bKWCjGp.png

Niiiiiice. I certainly don't mind, but I'm going to cool it for a bit as I've posted enough of them.

When you choose your preset, you can customize the stuff on the right. Nice fine-tuning options.

Makes me wish you could somehow apply this to games in real time.

Sethos

Banned
Niiiiiice. I certainly don't mind, but I'm going to cool it for a bit as I've posted enough of them.

When you choose your preset, you can customize the stuff on the right. Nice fine-tuning options.

Makes me wish you could somehow apply this to games in real time.

Yeah, I could see it become annoying but it's a beautiful effect nonetheless! I thought it was a new shader when I first saw it. Would be cool to have in real-time so you can get the perfect shots. Not every screenshot compliments the effect and on some it's pretty abysmal. We're going to need an screenshot art thread revival someday.

Didn't work out quite as I planned, but looking at the plugin I have a few more ideas. Its like a more powerful/customizable version of PS's cutout and median.

Anyweh, just some layer erasing. Also, since new page, this is sethos's:

test_by_roderickartist-d6rfzyv.png

mileS

I won't complain if people use that filter for a ton of screens in this thread. Maybe even make a new thread? It looks incredible.

HooYaH

I won't complain if people use that filter for a ton of screens in this thread. Maybe even make a new thread? It looks incredible.

I think there's an Art Screenshot thread after there was complaints a long time ago about photoshopped screens.

Sethos

Banned
I think there's an Art Screenshot thread after there was complaints a long time ago about photoshopped screens.

Deserves an updated thread with a similar style name to this thread. The old art thread, as far as I recall was just a poor OP with a random name that constantly fell off the map.

Lime

That Topaz filter looks really great on all the shots on this page. I'm sorry if I'm over-stepping the boundaries of this thread or if my post will contribute to any over-saturation of the filter, but I tried out the Topaz thing with some old Valkyrie Profile 2 shots and the anime characters work pretty good actually with the filter (It also helps hide the PS2 textures :) )

pcsx22013-05-1317-47-lbuki.png

pcsx22012-12-2902-34-g4soh.png

Would be pretty neat to try out such a filter applied in real-time to a game.

Sethos

Banned
RAGE with Topaz. Sorry, I'll stop. However could we reach a conclusion for this sort of thing - Yay for this thread, nay for this thread or should we look into an art thread?

vYq1a56.png

Top Bottom