• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Nothing special here.

I hadn't booted up Hawken in a good 6 months and was pretty shocked by how good it looked (I'd forgotten how much I love the busy look of it all) and how much better it runs compared to last time. Got a solid 40fps at 4k.

10433700634_d5b6d6ebc4_o.png

10433715116_0d9a37e66a_o.png

Spazznid

Nothing special here.

I hadn't booted up Hawken in a good 6 months and was pretty shocked by how good it looked (I'd forgotten how much I love the busy look of it all) and how much better it runs compared to last time. Got a solid 40fps at 4k.

10433700634_d5b6d6ebc4_o.png

10433715116_0d9a37e66a_o.png

Yeah, Hawken runs like a dream. Just needs some more content, IMO.

Good example of a screenshot I didn't really like until I applied topaz simplify to it.

10439503256_d430410d55_o.jpg

to

10439522135_6fb86f7ddd_o.jpg

Almost makes the original game seem like it lacks color altogether O_O

Spazznid

It's a great thing. I'll be taking shots that look like they should be great, but aren't and then seeing if a filter can help.

midhras

I couldn't save my first shot when I used the trial, bought it, and now I'm thinking, that was a lot of cash. I think most people would have thought the filter expensive way sooner. Even smarter people would have used the trial key. But yeah, all this fun, some revenue should be had, so I'm not entirely miffed.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
@Sinatar.

Does Deus Ex HRDC have improved graphics or something? That looks a lot better...

They revamped the lighting system for the Missing Link DLC, they incorporated that into the whole game with the DC. They've also toned down the infamous "piss filter" by a lot.

They revamped the lighting system for the Missing Link DLC, they incorporated that into the whole game with the DC. They've also toned down the infamous "piss filter" by a lot.

Super stoked to play it this weekend. Will try to get some 1080p shots for DEHRDC and Dark Souls AND FFXIV.

I always stalk this thread, but haven't posted some screenshots in it since the 2012 thread!

Reese-015

This is very subjective though, piss filter may be reduced but so is contrast, certain lighting nuances and aspects of the post processing that really made the original's look unique imo. Just look at the comparisons: http://imgur.com/a/XBebO#0IpNLZO

DAMMIT Lostconfused, you threw off my grooove! :p
It's still thematic though.

The Tyranny of King Washington - downsampled from 2880x1620 (or is it. Honestly I thought I could save an image in a different folder and then modify that image right away without having to open it all over again.)

allseeingeyej1x7g.jpg

teacupabl2j.jpg

thekingfmzj3.jpg

Super Muffin

Neo Member
Does anyone know a way to add custom resolutions or downsample on a gpu running optimus?

I can't switch the primary card in my bios and I wanted to take some screens.

maverick40

It's still thematic though.

The Tyranny of King Washington - downsampled from 2880x1620 (or is it. Honestly I thought I could save an image in a different folder and then modify that image right away without having to open it all over again.)

allseeingeyej1x7g.jpg

teacupabl2j.jpg

thekingfmzj3.jpg

Why does Assassins Creed 3 look so shit?

Top Bottom