• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Thorgal

ns3fb2013-10-2513-47-xirby.png

ns3fb2013-10-2513-50-wmqg8.png

Why does Assassins Creed 3 look so shit?

Cause it's brown? The color palette in this game is bland as hell everywhere that isn't the frontier/homestead and even then. Oh also the texture work is very inconsistent and they are really aggressive with LOD. Maybe I'll try taking some prettier shots today if I can be arsed.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

This might just be me, but I think it would look better with the brightness turned down a bit and the contrast turned up a little. Maybe a bit more saturation. It seems a smidge washed out?

Seems like you could get it really shining with SweetFx.

Gbraga

This might just be me, but I think it would look better with the brightness turned down a bit and the contrast turned up a little. Maybe a bit more saturation. It seems a smidge washed out?

Man, can't wait to see how that would look like.

Thorgal

Sadly .the game refuses to start with Sweet fx. unless like resident evil 6 the files have to go into different folders.

I did change the brightness though .

ns3fb2013-10-2517-29-k0u0h.png

ns3fb2013-10-2517-29-7vunr.png

ICPEE

Apologies for the huge BMP files. It was not intentional. MSI Afterburner was not starting up with Need For Speed Most Wanted so i got another screen grabbing program and was unaware that its default image grabbing settings was on BMP format. Sorry again. I will make sure whatever i use will be in other formats other than BMP.

PS* Love the pics you guys are uploading. Really awesome. Thanks

Thorgal

Apologies for the huge BMP files. It was not intentional. MSI Afterburner was not starting up with Need For Speed Most Wanted so i got another screen grabbing program and was unaware that its default image grabbing settings was on BMP format. Sorry again. I will make sure whatever i use will be in other formats other than BMP.

Use PNG .

Grief.exe

Guys, I have a request. I need some high-resolution Dark Souls pics from the painted world of ariamis.

Preferably in the Elite Knight Set and in the pre-downsampled resolution. I would like photos of the painting from the Anor Londo side, the cut-scene going into the painting, and from the bridge looking up once you enter in.

Thanks so much, I know its a lot to ask, but I really don't want to install Dark Souls right now. I want the pictures very badly, but I don't want to get sucked into yet another play through and delay my backlog.

This is only one shot of the amazing main menu', made with the same engine of the game.

10466194923_6c1334422d_o.png

How is Batman not dead here? I can understand missing with that revolver, but there is no way his hip isn't shattered from that shotgun.

You can actually set Steam to take uncompressed PNG images from the settings menu now.

Garteal

Damn this game is pretty demanding. Getting sub 50FPS on a R9 280X at times.
It's very good though from what I've played so far.

10480862675_91b60e6461_o_d.png

Grief.exe

Is his suit not bullet proof to an extent ?

Even if you make that assumption that his suit is 100% bulletproof, that force from the blast is going to have to be translated somewhere.
I gotta believe that it would knock him down or break some ribs at that range.

Grief.exe

Its not a shotgun..its a blowtorch, u dont see that? XD

We are heating Batman to death from a safe distance!

;)

Going to bump my request to the next page if that is acceptable

Guys, I have a request. I need some high-resolution Dark Souls pics from the painted world of ariamis.

Preferably in the Elite Knight Set and in the pre-downsampled resolution. I would like photos of the painting from the Anor Londo side, the cut-scene going into the painting, and from the bridge looking up once you enter in.

Thanks so much, I know its a lot to ask, but I really don't want to install Dark Souls right now. I want the pictures very badly, but I don't want to get sucked into yet another play through and delay my backlog.

Thorgal

Even if you make that assumption that his suit is 100% bulletproof, that force from the blast is going to have to be translated somewhere.
I gotta believe that it would knock him down or break some ribs at that range.

In that case lets just go with: He's the Goddamn Batman.

BONKERS

Fantastic to have this on PC finally, but such a damn shame that it didn't receive a polish.

Of course! what developer actually makes a console port and makes an effort to improve it?

Capcom used to do it, but they did it in a bad time. DMC4 and LP1 both were a lot nicer than the console versions. But from what I heard they sold poorly initially and were pirated like crazy. T_T

RE6 and Revelations could've REALLY used a texture upgrade(especially when they probably created all them in higher res to begin with)

BONKERS

Sadly .the game refuses to start with Sweet fx. unless like resident evil 6 the files have to go into different folders.

I did change the brightness though .

RE6 isn't the only game where it has to go in different folders. Some are weird like that. Game looks aces though!

The End

Of course! what developer actually makes a console port and makes an effort to improve it?

Capcom used to do it, but they did it in a bad time. DMC4 and LP1 both were a lot nicer than the console versions. But from what I heard they sold poorly initially and were pirated like crazy. T_T

RE6 and Revelations could've REALLY used a texture upgrade(especially when they probably created all them in higher res to begin with)

DmC is a pretty solid port (and it checks all of the steam-friendly buttons) but yeah, Capcom is hurting in general these days

BONKERS

DmC is a pretty solid port (and it checks all of the steam-friendly buttons) but yeah, Capcom is hurting in general these days

Yeah it's a solid port. But upgrades are sparse, not to mention all the FMVs are still ultra compressed 720p crap. I wish developers would stop using the game engine and making horrible looking cutscenes with them. Just make them in-game-in-engine. I'd rather take a little extra loading time than all this junk.

At least with Lost Planet 3, when I requested it they added higher resolution FMVs as free DLC. They still aren't perfect looking, but it's all tied to Bink. Most Nvidia/AMD GPUs these days have built in x264 decoders. Should put them to use. T_T

Also: Regards to batman, this game has the new HBAO+ right? Is it a low res implementation that flickers and causes aliasing issues? Or is it stable?

Parsnip

Couple shots I took yesterday and posted in the other thread that shall not be named lest people get upset. I liked these originals so much that I figured I'd post them here as well.

dark_souls_2013_10_25_02_57_32_by_majorparsnip-d6rsbfz.png

dark_souls_2013_10_25_03_49_16_by_majorparsnip-d6rsbdw.png

I use "r_ssdo 1" rather than "r_ssdo 2"

Personal preference, I guess. The difference between them is just too great. There needs to be some middle ground.

SSDO 1

SSDO 2

r_ssdo 1 calculates SSDO only in the areas around light sources.

r_ssdo 2 calculates SSDO for the areas around light sources and from geometry oclussion for recess shadowing.

more here: http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=355&t=69239&p=932397#p932397 Scroll down to thomy's post on this issue. Just in case you were curious on the technical reasonings.

Top Bottom