• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you're in Europe, unless you are telling me Asian clubs truly are at Champion League Level. I knew it.

#ForzaZenit

Sviatoslav. Russia tend to be surprising in WC with some of their players being very talented but later on everyting falls apart. Didn't Greece kick out Russia in Euros? Pls :lol

That's only because Euros use the inferior head to head tiebreaker. Had the superior goal difference tie breaker been applied (like it is at the WC) then Russia would have made it out of the group
and won the title.

caesar

Banned
lqqifju.png

Hello thewe and welcome to 'Woy's Twivia Cowner', bwought to you by me, Woy Hodgson, official head coach of the England football team. Along with being given the task of bwinging the twophy back to its wightful home away fwom all those diwty foweigners, I'm also going to help newcomews get to gwips with the wowld's biggest spowting touwnament befowe it begins and by building on the weally wather wesplendent wowk that Wes and his cwonies have cweated. I'll be pwoviding you guys with facts and figuwes from all the leading teams as the touwnament builds up some steam.

Fiwst is the hosts, BWAZIL

LedY1bM.png
DID YOU KNOW
LedY1bM.png

Bwazil is home to thwee of the wowld's six leading musicians; evewybody but Bono fwom the band U2 (English band, give them a listen). The othew thwee - Bono, and two session musicians that have featuwed on all of U2's wecowds so faw - all weside elsewhere.

LedY1bM.png
DID YOU KNOW
LedY1bM.png

Bwazil's captain Thiago Silva once featuwed on his home countwy's edition of 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaiwe', and made it to the £250,000 question (ow whatevew the equivalent is in Bwazilian Euwos). He failed howevew when they asked him 'who will win the 2014 FIFA Wowld Cup' and he answewed 'smoked salmon'.

LedY1bM.png
DID YOU KNOW
LedY1bM.png

Thewe awe a numbew of things to do in Bwazil as a touwist; one is visiting the local favelas and asking whewe the best bwothels are. If you cannot come to a definitive answew with the help of the wesidents, ask whewe the neawest is. The pwostitutes will do anything within weason for a modest sum, and if you shell out a few mowe Bwazilian Euwos, they'll put all youw hawd eawned and collected Panini stickews up youw bottom, wolled up and in descending owder of playews most likely to be top scowew at this yeaw's FIFA Wowld Cup.

enhanced-buzz-27515-1335810172-0.jpg

enhanced-buzz-16946-1335810229-1.jpg

Would love to see the USA win the World Cup. All the football purists around the world would commit Harakiri almost immediately.

Was reading through the OT...

Kostas Mitroglou: If he is fully fit come June then he’ll be chomping at the bit to prove himself on the big stage

Really? He seemed a lazy sod when I saw him play.

arkon

I'm sure it's a great OT guys even though I've not read it.

My World Cup hype is starting to build. Wasn't feeling it before now but it's almost here...

lqqifju.png

Hello thewe and welcome to 'Woy's Twivia Cowner', bwought to you by me, Woy Hodgson, official head coach of the England football team. Along with being given the task of bwinging the twophy back to its wightful home away fwom all those diwty foweigners, I'm also going to help newcomews get to gwips with the wowld's biggest spowting touwnament befowe it begins and by building on the weally wather wesplendent wowk that Wes and his cwonies have cweated. I'll be pwoviding you guys with facts and figuwes from all the leading teams as the touwnament builds up some steam.

Fiwst is the hosts, BWAZIL

LedY1bM.png
DID YOU KNOW
LedY1bM.png

Bwazil is home to thwee of the wowld's six leading musicians; evewybody but Bono fwom the band U2 (English band, give them a listen). The othew thwee - Bono, and two session musicians that have featuwed on all of U2's wecowds so faw - all weside elsewhere.

LedY1bM.png
DID YOU KNOW
LedY1bM.png

Bwazil's captain Thiago Silva once featuwed on his home countwy's edition of 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaiwe', and made it to the £250,000 question (ow whatevew the equivalent is in Bwazilian Euwos). He failed howevew when they asked him 'who will win the 2014 FIFA Wowld Cup' and he answewed 'smoked salmon'.

LedY1bM.png
DID YOU KNOW
LedY1bM.png

Thewe awe a numbew of things to do in Bwazil as a touwist; one is visiting the local favelas and asking whewe the best bwothels are. If you cannot come to a definitive answew with the help of the wesidents, ask whewe the neawest is. The pwostitutes will do anything within weason for a modest sum, and if you shell out a few mowe Bwazilian Euwos, they'll put all youw hawd eawned and collected Panini stickews up youw bottom, wolled up and in descending owder of playews most likely to be top scowew at this yeaw's FIFA Wowld Cup.

Hahahahaha what on earth are you doing?

inky

Rooting for Mexico
until the end of the Group Stage because, let's face it, they won't make it out

Let's do this!

Start my first post college job tomorrow, kind of sad that I'm going to miss a lot of World Cup games. On a more positive note I'll be able to go to bars and drink and root for the USA!!! Favorite sporting event

Wilbur

Banned
lqqifju.png

Hello thewe and welcome to 'Woy's Twivia Cowner', with me, Woy Hodgson. I have been playing table tennis with Glen Johnson fow the past fouw houws and my hand is aching. Glen has wan to fetch the lotion, so befowe he stawts gently massaging my aging joints, hewe is anothew edition.

Next up is Gwoup A's CWOATIA

LedY1bM.png
DID YOU KNOW
LedY1bM.png

Cwoatia's famous tablecloth kit was cweated when famous Cwoatian footballew Lev Yashin wealised thiwty seven minutes into a fwiendly match that he was completely naked. Yelping, he gwabbed the fiwst thing he could find to covew his steadily shwinking appendage. Luckily, he had set up a small picnic table next to his station, and was pwepawing a buwwito fow half time. He took the cloth that adowned the table, and the west is histowy.

LedY1bM.png
DID YOU KNOW
LedY1bM.png

Cwoatia finished thiwd at the 1942 FIFA Wowld Cup, and in doing so became the fiwst team in Euwope to finish thiwd at the 1942 FIFA Wowld Cup.

LedY1bM.png
DID YOU KNOW
LedY1bM.png

Staw man Luka Modwic - fwesh off winning the Champions League with a club made up entiwely of Satanists - is known to book weekends off when he can and enjoy a bout of fishing in neawby Lake Cwoatia, in his home countwy of Cwoatia. Once, he caught a thwee hundwed and nineteen pound cawp, and celebwated by wetuwning it into the lake so it could spend the west of its life gawping and blowing bubbles.

Road

Nickname: A Seleção (The Selection)
WC Rivals: Argentina
World Ranking: 4th

Maybe I'm old, but in my time the nickname was Canarinho (little canary). =P

Also, FIFA updated their ranking last week before the World Cup and Brazil is 3rd (didn't check other teams).

I didn't send PM because it's irrelevant information.

Great job on the OP. Just hope your job won't be deleted from history like the 2010 thread. =P

Also, FIFA updated their ranking last week before the World Cup and Brazil is 3rd (didn't check other teams).

I didn't send PM because it's irrelevant information.

Great job on the OP. Just hope your job won't be deleted from history like the 2010 thread. =P
How old are you?

I would like to keep track of the oldest poster in this thread. Current record is held by FootballFan who is 81.

You can say higher or lower.

FootballFan

I did the Brazil one. Sent the profile to Wes before the fifa rankings changed.

And yeah the nickname part was kinda confusing, I have 3 wc magazines and Wikipedia, they each had both nicknames so I just picked that one lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom