• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Game GIF Thread of Glorious 50fps

tatsuki

crush2.gif

Slower ver.

jakomocha

The game is absolutely oozing with atmosphere. I look forward to having time to try it.

Your GIFs are totally fine dude, nice work.
Thanks! Just don't get your hopes up too high, the game has a fantastic atmosphere but the gameplay gets dull and repetitive quickly and the game holds your hand to an obsessive amount.

Here's another GIF for Remember Me:
remember_me_gif__3_by_jakomocha-d7ai6vx.gif

Fake Edit:
Holy crap! Just noticed an easter egg from my Remember Me GIF. Unless my eyesight is failing me, you can see a guy flying in the air for a split second in it. Don't think anyone else has noticed this easter egg before. He's only there for like 5 frames though.
remember_me_flying_guy__dragged__by_jakomocha-d7ai7vd.png

See? Here's a closer look at him from a different frame:
remember_me_flying_guy_close_up_by_jakomocha-d7ai8b0.png

Allen Poe

not sure if this has been covered or not, if it has my apologies (pretty long thread), but...

...what is the best way to handle .mp4 videos to make gifs? I use an Elgato to capture video, and it outputs it's videos in .mp4. virtualdub doesn't recognize mp4 files so I can't open them up there. i tried to open the file directly in photoshop CS4, and while it shows up in the file list, when i try to open it, I get an error that says "could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document." when i try to open via File > Import > Video Frames to Layers, the video doesnt even show in the file list, as it only gives me the option to use mpg, mpeg, mov, and avi.

can anyone assist? I'd love to contribute to the thread.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Thanks! Just don't get your hopes up too high, the game has a fantastic atmosphere but the gameplay gets dull and repetitive quickly and the game holds your hand to an obsessive amount.

Here's another GIF for Remember Me:
remember_me_gif__3_by_jakomocha-d7ai6vx.gif

Mortal Kombat:
WARNING: Probably not for the squeamish
segment_0001_by_jakomocha-d7ai4hg.gif

mk_gif__2_by_jakomocha-d7ai59s.gif

I really suck at MK

Fake Edit:
Holy crap! Just noticed an easter egg from my Remember Me GIF. Unless my eyesight is failing me, you can see a guy flying in the air for a split second in it. Don't think anyone else has noticed this easter egg before. He's only there for like 5 frames though.
remember_me_flying_guy__dragged__by_jakomocha-d7ai7vd.png

See? Here's a closer look at him from a different frame:
remember_me_flying_guy_close_up_by_jakomocha-d7ai8b0.png

Hey, could you split your post up?

Small thing from the rules

Only 1 embedded gif per post, or if the total is smaller than 15mb, 2 or 3 gifs, but you can link to as many gifs as you'd like.

Ideally, unless the GIFs are really small the max should be 2 per post.

Xyber

Man, I can't wait to see what the games will look like in 5 years. Even at the start of this gen some games look amazing.

Being a PC gamer will be glorious when we are not held back (as much) by old consoles. for the next few years.

Will M

Thought this was a really neat area. I'll try and get better footage by disabling the HUD.

malthael_by_willmmm-d7d3j37.gif

I updated one of my old favorite GIFs

Did you add the slowdown effect at the end? I'd be curious to know how you added it. I'm just starting to familiarize myself with PS.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Did you add the slowdown effect at the end? I'd be curious to know how you added it. I'm just starting to familiarize myself with PS.

I wouldn't necessarily say that I added the slow down effect, more that I recorded to allow it.

I recorded the footage at 240fps so that when it's displayed at 50fps it's in slow motion.

So for the regular speed, I just cut out every 3 of every 4 frames so that it's 60fps, and then for the slow motion I'm showing all of the frames from the recorded footage, but showing them at 60fps instead of 240fps.

Basically, it's all recorded in what would be slow motion, then I speed up the parts I don't want slow motion back to normal speed.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Just wanted to post that with the incoming WebM revolution, WebM's are permitted in this thread but still must follow the rules in the OP.

Don't let the file sizes creep too big, and quality is still important. If you're gonna post something, make sure it looks good and is worth posting.

Have at it.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
After WebM, this just isn't the same.

Honestly, for the most part, if done right, a lot of times GIFs still have looked to have better quality because they don't suffer from artifacting.

I think with time people will be able to reasonably combat that, but it'll take some experimenting to find a good balance.

Spazznid

Honestly, for the most part, if done right, a lot of times GIFs still have looked to have better quality because they don't suffer from artifacting.

I think with time people will be able to reasonably combat that, but it'll take some experimenting to find a good balance.

True. But WebM's have sound, which I'll be making a bit of use of later... Until then...

http://a.pomf.se/qhwjfl.webm

I also personally find GIFs too much to work with. They're plain annoying.

Spazznid

Warframe reminds me a lot of GUNZ: The Duel. Is it?
I only played the sequel to gunz and only through the tutorial but it's more like if gunz had a slightly different movement system, phantasy star style missions and levels and a focus on clans and weapon/player mod customization.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Crysis 2 with MaldoHD 4.0 and blackfire

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/106/3/d/crysis2_by_justinakach0ppa-d7epb97.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hey man, that's a 34MB GIF. Trim that down.

Either resize it smaller, shorten it, reduce the framerate, or make it as a WebM.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I agree looks absolutely fantastic at times, I am a sucker for high quality textures, I hate low res crap in games its so off-putting, I think MaldoHD with blackfire looks better than Crysis 3 personally.

I'm really stoked that he's doing a texture replacement pack for MGS:Rising. The biggest bummer about that game were the rotten textures and I'm waiting for him to release a good ~finalish pack before I play it.

I'm really stoked that he's doing a texture replacement pack for MGS:Rising. The biggest bummer about that game were the rotten textures and I'm waiting for him to release a good ~finalish pack before I play it.

He did a great job with Crysis 2, he might make me get MGS: Rising.

Top Bottom