• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
i295OI7.jpg

In honor of David Stern's retirement after 30 years as commissioner of the NBA, I have compiled a list of honorable |OT| title mentions:

Title that would have gotten reilo banned by Blackace said:
2014 NBA Feb |OT| Nice team, Seattle!

Title that would have gotten reilo banned by bish said:
2014 NBA Feb |OT| Nice team, Best Canada!

Because fuck Gucci Messiah said:
2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failing to bring pro basketball to Cleveland

Thread titles only Heat fans could hate said:
2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to raise basketball interest in Miami

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed Fan Up campaign

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern finally retires after finding next Jordan in Durant

Title only Lakers fans could love said:
2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern considers unretirement to help rig lottery for Lakers

Anyway, long about midnight, commissioner David Stern came down, grabbed a beer, sat down on the couch, and gabbed with whoever wandered by — and there was a lot of wandering going on at this point in the evening. Someone — I don’t recall who, but I suspect it was a member of the NBA’s PR crew — ordered up a whole raft of those single-serving pizzas for which America’s finer chain hotels regularly overcharge the guests who need a snack at two in the morning. At which point, someone winged one of the pizzas across the room, over the commissioner’s head, and smack into the wall above him. Someone else then put a hat on the bar, and thus was declared open the first (and, as far as I know, only) “Hit the Commissioner With a Pizza for a Buck” contest. If you put a dollar in the hat — all the money went to charity — you could scale one of the pizzas at the league’s boss, as long as you didn’t hit him, because the someones involved all liked and wanted to keep their jobs. A respectable fusillade erupted. Stern sat there with remarkable aplomb as cheese and tomato shrapnel exploded over his head until he finally stood up. “The hell with this,” he said, and left the room to raucous applause.

http://grantland.com/features/a-commissioners-legacy/

LIn3dR4.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiEFK7bDssE

v4Ebqsp.jpg

vL6YeZK.jpg

KQ7I9uN.jpg

Xt4vGCL.jpg

c1H0Z8N_zpsf797cf0a.gif

0ESPOic.png

4AZ2BGE.png

YSHAh4V.png

knicksfailure.gif

This is the season from hell for Memphis if Conley is out for a decent period of time.

The Warriors are now 3rd in defense and 16th in offense. That's a pretty dramatic difference between reputation and reality. They really could use Jordan Crawford or Harrison Barnes being decent at all in the second half of the year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So T-Mac is trying to get his baseball career started at the age of 34 and is working out with Roger Clemens?

Hope he does it. Evidently he still throws 90+ so why not. Maybe he can do what MJ couldn't do.

LuchaShaq

Banned
This is the season from hell for Memphis if Conley is out for a decent period of time.

The Warriors are now 3rd in defense and 16th in offense. That's a pretty dramatic difference between reputation and reality. They really could use Jordan Crawford or Harrison Barnes being decent at all in the second half of the year.

It's because Jackson insists on having barnes run all bench lineups which are an offensive cluster fuck.

Barnes would look so much better if he wasn't thrown to the wolves in half his minutes.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ewing theory has now officially been replaced with the Bargnani theory.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Chris Vernon ‏@ChrisVernonShow
Was just told Conley just has sprain. Day-to-day and will see how he reacts to rest and treatment.

If true: Praise the Lord!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom