• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehard

Fleer
I predict that everyone sill whine about the dunks and how they have seen better in a game. John wall and lillard will not impress and PG will be the favorite because "he had the best single dunk".

Zep

Banned
Uh zep.. Check yoself

Dude please. I've been posting on this forum for 10 years and I'll call bullshit when I see. Nobody is acting like Reilo is innocent in this, but for Duckroll to ignore the other side of the facts is BS and he will get called out for it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wait is there seriously no slam dunk contest winner?

Stern fucked up Silver one last time before he retired I guess.

Or was this Silvers decision?

The SD contest player lineup is pretty great.. but nba gotta find a way to fuck it up somehow.

Gonna miss the Gucci vs reilo or others post. I admit it was entertaining to me. Though Gucci you don't need to get a mod to help you, I thought you were holding up pretty good vs the competitors (most of us nba gaf).

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wait are you guys being serious there won't be a winner in the slam dunk contest?

I thought after the team shit they'd do a 1 on 1 or something?

edit.

In the second round the East dunkers will go head-to-head with the competitors from the West until a team of three is crowned champion. Fans will then vote for the "Dunker of the Night" from the winning team.

wtf? Just put this shit on hiatus then.

Here's the dunk contest format

TWO TEAMS OF THREE COMPETITORS -- Three players representing the Eastern Conference and three players representing the Western Conference will compete in the two-round competition.

COMPETITION FORMAT

> The competition will feature two unique rounds of dunks. Both rounds will be team-based.

FREESTYLE ROUND

> The three dunkers for each conference will have a 90-second time limit for all three of them to participate in a freestyle dunk exhibition, featuring an unlimited number of dunks.

> Each dunker must make at least one dunk attempt during the freestyle round. Dunkers can attempt dunks in any order they determine and are free to assist each other.

> The East team will dunk first, followed by the West.

> After both teams compete, the panel of three judges will review their performances and submit a vote by selecting "East" or "West".

> The conference team with the higher number of judges' votes in the Freestyle Round will be given the choice of order for dunks in the Battle Round.

BATTLE ROUND

> The Battle Round will consist of head-to-head matchups pitting the East dunkers vs. the West dunkers.

> Each dunker will be limited to three attempts to complete a Battle Round dunk.

> The panel of judges will decide the winner of each head-to-head battle by choosing "East" or "West".

> Upon losing a head-to-head battle, the losing dunker is eliminated from the competition.

> The first conference to win THREE head-to-head battles will win the Battle Round and be crowned Slam Dunk champions.

> If a fourth or ultimately a fifth head-to-head battle is necessary to determine the winner, the remaining players from each conference will compete in the same order in which they began the Battle Round.

http://www.nba.com/news/as.saturday.night/2014-all-star-saturday-night-event-page/index.html#4

evCcxbh.jpg

How did they get tricked into that pose?

lil smoke

Banned
Is there any way the East doesn't win have the most fun at the dunk contest meet up?

LOL my man

edit:

This dumb ass annual NBA legend all star sit never gets old, I gotta say I love this stuff every year. Dr. J, The REAL D. Will, Wilkins talking shop. Charles, not drunk as fck like he was 4 years ago (remember when he got drunk as SHIT that time?) They do a great job with this stuff.

Way better that that boring ass MLB (try a new steroid pill on the break) boring ass sleepfest, and the meaningless NFL second class loser fake hitting shit.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Thread was unlocked prematurely. Locked again pending evaluation of NBA-GAF's viability and removal of more negative elements. Not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom