• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil smoke

Banned
So we had the Sec of Ed school the entire league on how to play intelligent basketball. He was in the right place every situation in the game. He had chemistry with Romeo from the last 2 games, they got their teammates invoked. That was REAL basketball. WTF.

You had snoop helping with the coaching, you had this "jordan" dude trying hard as hell, the girls were owning the court the entire time.

What sport competes with this all star weekend?

It transcends basketball, it's makes me tingle inside the way it brings everyone together.

I'm always SO happy with the way the NBA does this. They really get it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So we had the Sec of Ed school the entire league on how to play intelligent basketball. He was in the right place every situation in the game. He had chemistry with Romeo from the last 2 games, they got their teammates invoked. That was REAL basketball. WTF.

You had snoop helping with the coaching, you had this "jordan" dude trying hard as hell, the girls were owning the court the entire time.

What sport competes with this all star weekend?

It transcends basketball, it's makes me tingle inside the way it brings everyone together.

I'm always SO happy with the way the NBA does this. They really get it.

Not to be 'that guy' but this is probably the best that the celeb game has been in years... the only other good one was with beibz and pippen.

MTV Rock n Jock was still the best type of all-star celeb mash up ever.

DY_nasty

Why the hell do y'all want Emo Turner when y'all have MKG?

Because he'd replace Henderson.

Henderson's ball-stopping and aversion to shooting anything but mid-range fades is killing the team.

Dude shoots nothing but jumpers according to 82games.com lmao

duckroll

Hi, I don't watch basketball and I know jack shit about the NBA, but I just wanted to step in remind everyone that being a community thread doesn't mean it's an excuse to be more more rude than usual. Rules on NeoGAF still apply, and members should not be subjected to personal insults. Even if you don't like certain opinions or think they are stupid, there's no need to let friendly ribbing turn into bullying. Just be nicer in general. Thanks.

DY_nasty

If this is about me accusing Forever of being Judderman's alt, I'm not sorry

LOL reilo

Also duckroll, check gucci's post history in this thread. It'll explain a lot.

duckroll

Okay. This is why you don't bully people on NeoGAF.

#HowDoesItFeelNowReilo

Yeah, that sort of behavior sucks. We're better than that right?

Forever

Banned
Wow. Did Gucci really get away with what I think he got away with?

Blackace that is some bullshit. Where you at?

#HowDoesItFeelNowReilo

Please, talk to Blackace and ask him about the poster Gucci Messiah. There's a reason he went running to someone who doesn't read this thread.

DY_nasty

#HowDoesItFeelNowReilo

No. Seriously. Take a look at Gucci's post history. This guy has came in here and lobbed insults as a reaction to anything related to his team, directly got into it with another mod, backtracked on all kinds of stuff he's said, made up other stuff as he went, then tried to play himself off as some sort of victim.

Edit: now that I think of it, he's gone back and forth between at least 3 different mods now. bish and blackace both dealt with him in the past.

duckroll

I don't care what he said or did before. Having OPs where you basically go "Fuck <insert member here>" and insulting people who don't want to be insulted is unacceptable on the forum. You can make fun of someone's opinions, you can say they have terrible taste or judgement. That's fine. If you then progress to have a culture where you constantly insult on person because he's unpopular or has dumb opinions, that's bad. It's even worse if you think that there's a mod who would actually support this sort of behavior.

I made the post intentionally to see the reaction of the thread. Good communities know when to tone it down when an outsider tells them to do so. Bad communities immediately close ranks and try to make it a "us versus him" issue. Thank you for showing that you guys are the latter.

I don't care what he said or did before. Having OPs where you basically go "Fuck <insert member here>" and insulting people who don't want to be insulted is unacceptable on the forum. You can make fun of someone's opinions, you can say they have terrible taste or judgement. That's fine. If you then progress to have a culture where you constantly insult on person because he's unpopular or has dumb opinions, that's bad. It's even worse if you think that there's a mod who would actually support this sort of behavior.

I made the post intentionally to see the reaction of the thread. Good communities know when to tone it down when an outsider tells them to do so. Bad communities immediately close ranks and try to make it a "us versus him" issue. Thank you for showing that you guys are the latter.

Tristan Thompson with 17/21, Varejao 18/13 off the bench

bu..bu..but Cavs have no assets!

Giri is a fucking clown

Bynum gets a 2 year 24 million offer from the Cavs

Only 6 million is guaranteed, to get the full 12 this year he would have to hit performance based incentives.

The second year is a team option.

Bynum is already playing back to backs and logged a season high 30 minutes last game while putting up 20/10. Oh yeah, he also had 3 blocks.

But Giri claims it's a bad contract. LMAO, what a clown.

Dude you're a clown

Personal attacks on a good poster in this thread.

I hope two more get hurt so LA has to forfeit

Wishing injuries onto NBA players.

Okay, so when he snitches to you after saying this to other members of this thread it's a-okay? If he doesn't want to be attacked, he shouldn't be calling out other members in the first place.

Forever

Banned
insulting people who don't want to be insulted is unacceptable on the forum.

He does this literally all the time! That's why no one likes him in the first place! You really need to check in with Blackace here because you are being manipulated in the most pathetic fashion right now. It's sad to watch.

DY_nasty

]I don't care what he said or did before[/B]. Having OPs where you basically go "Fuck <insert member here>" and insulting people who don't want to be insulted is unacceptable on the forum. You can make fun of someone's opinions, you can say they have terrible taste or judgement. That's fine. If you then progress to have a culture where you constantly insult on person because he's unpopular or has dumb opinions, that's bad. It's even worse if you think that there's a mod who would actually support this sort of behavior.

You should. Because otherwise things get to a certain point in this thread where things are already past where thought your lines were. This is almost the exact same situation where I PM'd mods in the past about things being handled slowly or inefficiently and the response I got was either <none> or 'The entire community is X".

In this situation you have a guy who's finally succeeded in finding a mod that doesn't know about his blatant fuckery and got what he wanted - someone to think that he's a victim. Other people here don't even bother with mods anymore because of what I said above.

Reward that childish shit or actually let the people who post here the most give you a heads up as to what the problem is?

Because you fan find dozens of posts from gucci that validate everything we've said so far. If you look. If you care.

duckroll

I think you're all missing the bigger picture here. I made a post telling people to be a little nicer and not to tell other members to fuck themselves. The first response to this is basically reilo going "LOL THAT FUCKING SNITCH". If a community on GAF is such that the regular posters on it want to drive people they don't like out of the community instead of dealing with it in a mature way, then we have no need of such a community.

You try going into a regular thread here and saying "fuck <member>!" and you'll get a ban. It shouldn't be any different here. Think about it for 24 hours.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Duckroll is right, you guys can't just resort to name calling and insults. That goes for Gucci as well... You have been warned banhammers will be swinging,,

h3ro

EcEly.jpg

diehard

Fleer
Wait so its ok to claim a couple posters now represent "the community" though?

I guess we are a "bad community" you guys. I prefer to be say we are just tanking though.

I think there's a difference between "bullying" and ribbing people in good fun. Reilo has been mocking me for years but it's the internet, we just have fun.

Oh well. Nothing in life is certain, outside of Kobe being overrated by someone.

filler

Banned
I think there's a difference between "bullying" and ribbing people in good fun. Reilo has been mocking me for years but it's the internet, we just have fun.

Oh well. Nothing in life is certain, outside of Kobe being overrated by someone.

How can the GOAT be overrated? There's nothing above GOAT in the ratings scale.

Smokey

We've heard so many times how the "internet doesn't bother me" by a particular poster, yet a thread is nearly shut down over his actions and everyone here is labeled as a bad/terrible community.

Zep

Banned
I can understand throwing a ban at Reilo, fine he's guilty here too...But for Gucci to still have posting privileges after what Adam posted is hilarious.

In other words, terrible modding, Duckroll.

I don't want to turn this into a huge fight or anything but will comment on the situation.

I went to Duckroll and complained of verbal abuse in this thread I was receiving, mainly from reilo, but from others in here as well. I didn't want or ask for anybody to be banned, just for the constant put downs and insults to be addressed because nobody deserves to deal with that on this site. You can blame me all you want but Reilo got that 24 hour vacation on his own.

I chose not to PM Blackace, who is active in this thread, because he has ignored me before and lets a lot of things slide in here that would get you banned elsewhere on the site. I'm not calling him a bad mod or anything, just stating a fact. I have specifically asked users in here such as reilo to refrain from insulting me. Last night when he essentially laughed in my face after I asked him to stop, I got fed up and went to an outside moderator for help. You can think it's snitching or whatever but I had no other choice. I've said the abuse doesn't bother me in an attempt to get many of you to stop but it really does bug me.

I admitted to Duckroll that I've made some inflammatory posts in the past but stopped doing so because it wasn't doing any good, you can stop trying to drag up old quotes from months ago and saying I need to be banned. My behavior changed in here, other people didn't adapt and think it's ok to bully other users.

In fact, some of those posts are completely taken out of context such as when I said I wanted two more Lakers to get hurt. If you read the thread I had commented on how I wanted to see what would happen if only 4 players were available and it was said tongue in cheekly, I'm not advocating people tearing their ACLs or anything like that.

I've tried ignoring the abuse. I tried being nice. I tried leaving and then coming back. Nothing worked. The 'dog pile us vs them' mentality needs to stop and I just hope everyone can chill out and move on. I'm not holding grudges, hopefully other people feel the same and we can go back to discussing hoops in an environment that isn't hostile.

That's all I have to say on this, I won't address it in the thread again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom