• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-16 TV Cancellations: The Beast, having been fed, asks waiter for his bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

Barrage

To be fair, don't you get Shomi for free if you have Rogers?
(And I assume Crave if you have Bell)

It aint free.

You get Shomi as a TV channel as well as online streaming with Rogers, same with Crave for Bell (for about $8/Month).

So if youre like me, with Rogers/Crave, you get fucked.

Just a needlessly convoluted, anti-consumer roadblock.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I assume they're value-adds for cable subscriptions. The number of people who are directly subscribing to each service must be minuscule...

Sober

No, no, they will spend money on Shomi, because Canadians support Rogers Communications, a Canadian company! Shomi has the latest hits like Between, featuring Jennette McCurdy, and Two and a Half Men. It's a new kind of video streaming!!!
It is pretty sad when you realize HBO, Amazon, and some other premium cable shows have had their streaming rights basically divvied up by some of the streaming services over here. Like there is no Amazon prime video in Canada so I think one of shomi/crave has Bosch for example. And I think Crave pretty much airs Empire now (or was it shomi? damned if I can remember). Only Netflix can afford to keep their originals to themselves.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
An 8pm rerun of Lemonade scored 715K viewers on Sunday, which is higher than 7 out of 10 episodes of Vinyl. Maybe HBO should have made a series with Beyonce instead of Mick Jagger...

DrEvil

not a medical professional
It is pretty sad when you realize HBO, Amazon, and some other premium cable shows have had their streaming rights basically divvied up by some of the streaming services over here. Like there is no Amazon prime video in Canada so I think one of shomi/crave has Bosch for example. And I think Crave pretty much airs Empire now (or was it shomi? damned if I can remember). Only Netflix can afford to keep their originals to themselves.

Don't forget TMN GO!

I get crave with my expressvu/tmn sub "free".. i just wish they had console apps.. like wtf Bell.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Turner And Criterion Team To Launch Classic Movie SVOD Service

This one feels somewhat well though out actually, comes down to pricing and how well they are able to convert TCM viewers, old folks who like classic film but don't usually use streaming services, and Criterion buyers to subscribers.

A streaming service dedicated to classic, arthouse, indie, and foreign films is extremely appealing to me. That TCM is involved is icing on the cake. They always do great stuff. Will sub!

And Ratsky, you better watch at least one Ozu film before they leave Hulu...

I have until the fall so it'll probably* happen!

I'm pretty salty about the Criterion Collection getting moved off Hulu. That was one of the big draws of Hulu for me. It isn't something that I would cancel the service over since I catch up on network shows almost exclusively on it, but it's a big hit.

I agree. This is a pretty big blow to Hulu, imo, since the Criterion Collection is one of their crown jewels. I don't really keep my Hulu sub current - occasionally subbing when I'm in the mood for anime or when they have an interesting original series going - so it's not like I'm really effected by this, but the chances of my keeping a subscription going in perpetuity are basically zero now.

KonradLaw

They were shooting in India. They should have done what Bollywood can sometimes do and just recast the actor from middle of the season, with no explanation :D
It happened to one polish actress. She played a queen in a movie but the filming went for 3 times longer then originally planned. She was forced to leave before completion and they recast her role, but didnt bother to reshoot the scenes with her. THe character was simply played by different actress in third act :D

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
They were shooting in India. They should have done what Bollywood can sometimes do and just recast the actor from middle of the season, with no explanation :D
It happened to one polish actress. She played a queen in a movie but the filming went for 3 times longer then originally planned. She was forced to leave before completion and they recast her role, but didnt bother to reshoot the scenes with her. THe character was simply played by different actress in third act :D
Based on the way this is made, that might result in both actors appearing in the same scenes.

kevin1025

Banned
Don't forget TMN GO!

I get crave with my expressvu/tmn sub "free".. i just wish they had console apps.. like wtf Bell.

The CraveTV Xbox One app has been "coming soon" since January (it had originally said January on their site). They're still saying it as of today. I don't think they know what soon means.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-tuesday-ratings-4-26-2016.html

Fasts-Demo-2016-Apr-TUE.26.png

New Girl and Grandfathered getting dragged down into the abyss where The Grinder was

SHIELD WITH THE MASSIVE 11 PERCENT REBOUND

The Flash rebounds from last week's 1.1 when probably no one realized it was back.

Chicago Med bumped up 0.1 from last week and Chicago Fire held steady. Dat Chicago Trilogy

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Beyond the tank and down the drain it seems

Yep, lowest-rated show on TV last night, even lower than Fox and The CW. ABC should be embarrassed, but then again, at least it's cheaper than any scripted drama they could have put there, I suppose.

Busty

Banned
Good for you, Marvels Agents of SHEILD for managing to break a 1.0 in the demo.

You guys are doing...., uhhh...., fine?

Yeah, fine.

- Deadline: ’24: Legacy’, Lee Daniels’ ‘Star’ Get Series Orders By Fox
24 is back. Fox has given an early series order to 24: Legacy, its drama pilot that reboots the 24 franchise with brand new characters and cast, from creators Manny Coto & Evan Katz, Imagine TV’s Brian Grazer and Howard Gordon. They are being joined by original star Kiefer Sutherland who has come on board as executive producer. Also picked up to series is Lee Daniels’ music-themed off-cycle drama pilot Star, giving the Empire co-creator two series on the Fox schedule next season. Both 24: Legacy, which has received a 12-episode order, and Star, picked up for 13 episodes with Lenny Kravitz set as a guest star, hail from 20th Century Fox TV. They are the first broadcast pilots to get series orders for next season.

I was looking at the wrong TV station's site for Mike and Molly. CTV just does re-runs, I guess.

Found the new episode on CityTV's site, after realizing. Set the rest for saving on my PVR.

Joni

Liked the new Containment, kept to the first night/second day even in the second episode. Doing what Fear the Walking Dead should have done.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Liked the new Containment, kept to the first night/second day even in the second episode. Doing what Fear the Walking Dead should have done.

I like that all of the characters have been pretty smart and sensible. They don't have anyone acting stupid just to move the plot in a certain direction.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
NBC goes from heaven to hell in the space of a day

Arrow and Supernatural still doing what they do, seemingly unaffected by the passage of time let alone Daylight Saving Time

maxcriden

Watched the Limitless finale last night. Kind of weak, but it was clear they wrote it to serve as a series finale, if needed.

Kinda same here. Enjoyable to watch but definitely felt a bit like a series finale, especially with the
three days later.
Credits were super fun though. Really enjoyed the show immensely and hoping for a season 2.

G0523

Why was Modern Family a repeat?

ABC has been doing that a lot lately with their Wednesday lineups. Everything else will be new except for Modern Family. They've been doing it years but not this much. Not sure what the reason behind it is though.

Game of Silence is pretty good. It's better than I expected. So, I'm disappointed it's not doing well. This could just be a one season thing anyways, though.

Odd Couple does better than expected. I watch it for mindless entertainment.

Of course, there's TBBT.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Netflix Punisher finally confirmed huh? Good, Bernthal was amazing

L+3 numbers for HBO's Sunday night lineup via Joe Adalian @ NY Mag:
Season premiere of #GameofThrones averaged 9.6M L+3 viewers. That's down from last season's 10.1M L+3 opener.
Silicon Valley L+3: 2.4M Sunday (vs. 2.7M in 2015)
Meyermentum! New season of #VeepHBO opened to 1.5M viewers-- up from last spring's 1.4M. Only HBO Sunday series to increase vs. 2015.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What kind of DVDs don't allow you to pause??

Apparently the BBC's.Though Sherlock is the only one I've tried of theirs. I should see if Top Gear (which I watch casually) is the same. :/

On another note: Holy shit, the lead character of "Halt and Catch Fire" is an interesting dude. In "High Plains Hardware"/third episode of season 1 he
fucks the boyfriend of the venture capitalist to get back at her
. Like "woah."

I need to see the rest of the season, but I'm curious what you think of him/Joe, Ratsky.

Exactly what I said. But either my DVD-players won't pause/rewind them or the discs are encoded to not allow that. So I basically had to sit for like 2 hours each episode (which isn't necessarily bad) and try to catch everything in the subtitles the first time around. Sucked and what turned me off it.

I think that the rest are available on Netflix.

I know iTunes has them, I'll have to check with them once I'm caught up with Halt and Catch Fire and after Mr. Robot season 2 this summer I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom