• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
God this game is gorgeous.

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

That is one thing that never crossed my mind while play this game. It has some of the worst pop/draw in ever, some last gen texture work, etc. It's not butt ugly, but it's clearly a cross gen game.

Converse

Banned
Glad to have a thread for the new year. Some of my favorite Wii U screens:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
bvvqow.png

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
ZXXTf0.jpg

Super Mario 3D World
sQf3CO.jpg

RoKKeR

That is one thing that never crossed my mind while play this game. It has some of the worst pop/draw in ever, some last gen texture work, etc. It's not butt ugly, but it's clearly a cross gen game.

Really? Well maybe I am a sucker for the location/vibrant art direction or don't pick up on those things you mentioned but I personally think it looks great. I've been pretty impressed with the visuals to be honest, even though it is a cross-gem game. It's a great open world that nails the sense of place... colored flags flying with snow-capped mountains in the background and a lot of neat detail everywhere.

But that's just me and I'm easily impressed I suppose.

RedAssedApe

Banned
does any one have both the ps4/xbone versions of the same game? would like to see how big a difference between a png and compressed jpg. :)

does any one have both the ps4/xbone versions of the same game? would like to see how big a difference between a png and compressed jpg. :)

PM'd you a link to a Dualshockers article (they're banned on here).

Edit: Oh, their links are banned in PM's too? Haha, damn, my bad. Just go to their website, there's a PS4 vs X1 captures comparison. It should be on the first page, it's a recent article.

You know, Ryse looks really good to me for the same reasons The Order looks really good - lighting, the way certain materials look when lit, and good quality motion blur. But for me, The Order is on another level. Seeing Ryse again after playing The Order leaves me less impressed than before I had played it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
PM'd you a link to a Dualshockers article (they're banned on here).

Edit: Oh, their links are banned in PM's too? Haha, damn, my bad. Just go to their website, there's a PS4 vs X1 captures comparison. It should be on the first page, it's a recent article.

i was gonna say...damnit what site is this? actually figured it out on my own though lol

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
16604315322_c16a102ba3_o.png

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8634/15984702343_512e84da1c_o.png[IMG]

[IMG]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8569/16417643668_fffd0bce27_o.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

What is up with her chin, nose, and neck skin?

[quote="Timu, post: 153069836"]Strange, I never had a single problem with Minus and I used it for years now.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't happen to everyone, but to the people it does happen to it happens fairly regularly.

[quote="Mithos, post: 153073187"]Same for me. But they dropped the filesize from 15MB to 5MB so its not as good anymore. Maybe they do not remove images if you actually have an account, but do if you just upload loose files to minus.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's happened to people with longstanding accounts, myself included.

impact

Banned
Unity and Mordor look like absolute shit compared to the rest of this page. Step up your game Ubisoft.

Kirby looks great for a Wii U game. Shame about the gameplay

I didn't notice it when I played it myself, but those operating tables look just like the ones I saw when I visited Sachsenhausen concentration camp. Even right down to the one side of the table's rim being slanted:

Infirmary_OperatingTable.JPG

I guess that was just a common design for operating tables back then? Pretty impressive attention to detail nonetheless.

Converse

Banned
Holy shit, posting Kirby screens right next to The Order screens is going to give me a seizure. You could hardly find two games that contrast more.

Even though I'm not a huge Kirby fan, I kind of want that one just for the claymation aspect. Looks ace.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Goddamn The Order has an insane level of detail... all the things in the scene which aren't just textures or normal maps, but actual geometry. Such an amazing attention to every aspect of the materials. This engine is mighty impressive, I can just hope it will be used by other devs and in other games too.

Wow, The Order : 1886 is really beautiful!

I have some Tumblr screenshots of Assassin's Creed IV : Black Flaf, I know that Minus and other sites are better for Wii U screenshots but I took them long ago and I find them beautiful so, here I go:

tumblr_myu9hejHdp1t9jty1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mylb1dKVee1t9jty1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_myjimy6AW51t9jty1o1_1280.jpg

TheMoon

Wow, The Order : 1886 is really beautiful!

I have some Tumblr screenshots of Assassin's Creed IV : Black Flaf, I know that Minus and other sites are better for Wii U screenshots but I took them long ago and I find them beautiful so, here I go:

tumblr_myu9hejHdp1t9jty1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mylb1dKVee1t9jty1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_myjimy6AW51t9jty1o1_1280.jpg

Since those pics are tiny it doesn't matter where they're hosted :)

You know, Ryse looks really good to me for the same reasons The Order looks really good - lighting, the way certain materials look when lit, and good quality motion blur. But for me, The Order is on another level. Seeing Ryse again after playing The Order leaves me less impressed than before I had played it.

The Order is the best looking game hands down until something else comes. Ryse is beneath it for sure.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Unity and Mordor look like absolute shit compared to the rest of this page. Step up your game Ubisoft.

I can understand how you could confuse it for one because of the gameplay, but Mordor is not a Ubisoft game. Warner Bros.

Ascenion

I'll give this a try. It's my first time though guys so go easy on me.
Sagged 2 shots of Unity on XB1 hope they look good.

AssassinsCreedUnitys.png

Unityshot2.png

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The dlc has CA. And it most definitely ruins the IQ compared to normal Paris.

Did you mean Dying Light or the Jessica Chobot game?

The Jessica Chobot game, I assume having played it. It also runs like absolute shit. Ok, it doesn't run. It limps.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'm glad X1 gamers can join in now! I love these threads, where everyone just comes together and enjoys some damn videogames!

I think X1 screenshot function is only for preview members right now? I'll definitely use it once it's available to everyone.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The Jessica Chobot game, I assume having played it. It also runs like absolute shit. Ok, it doesn't run. It limps.
Wasn't that the first UE4 game?

Judging from the posted screencaps, there really is a low variety of games for the next gen. It's always the same.
Nah, check out the previous one. There's a ton of variety in ps4/xb1 games.

Top Bottom