• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
bL9A0T.jpg

2fQZrV.jpg

uVcjuA.jpg

I labeled my post with "Fight Viewer" to let everyone know I used that mode to take shots from the game, saying as it isn't called Photo Mode in it, but is kind of like that. Please let me know if I should change it to Photo Mode.

I'd also like to know if I should continue posting any vertical shots using the preview image code, saying as Minus seems to make them appear full size when I post them in the topic, and I don't want to be a pain and have them take up a lot of vertical space if it will annoy people.

iOsWfzmmPFqsp.jpg

jbfQPz7Pk1nSYv.jpg

jgKKfrTIV631V.jpg

slackjaw10

Neo Member
I like how much The Order uses volumetric lighting. Haven't seen much of it since Killzone. I really hope it shows up in Uncharted 4.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Crossposting from the other thread:

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Melchiah

7. Spoilers: Please do not post major plot points from games released in the last 2 months.

Can we please have that include cutscenes and endgame locations? The former seems pointless to me, as there's no variation to them. The latter, well, imagine seeing screenshots of eg. Bioshock Infinite's endgame locations before experiencing them yourself.

Few The Order: 1886 screenshots from last night, that I posted on the old thread.

ifj8Ij22KSHAG.jpg

izs6LpvZBg5VP.jpg

Mohonky

The Order and Ryse really clean up in these screenshots, they just look miles ahead of everything else (except Unity but Unity is hard to count as it runs poorly).

What funny is that for all the people whinging about games that cant hit 1080p aren't next gen or not buying unless it's 1080p, 2 of the best showcases for their respective consoles aren't 1080p. Funny that.

The Halo titles look gorgeous as well, that clean art style really shines at higher resolutions. All of them, from the first to 4, they look great.

The other thing is the colour palettes. You scroll through and it's mostly muted colours, greys and browns etc then a Wii U game screenshot comes up and nearly blinds you, needed sunglasses for those Kirby shots.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
This area specifically really convinced that this engine would be perfect for a survival horror game. That looks strikingly similar to the pre-rendered backgrounds created for RE:Remake. Very impressive.

Melchiah

The Order and Ryse really clean up in these screenshots, they just look miles ahead of everything else (except Unity but Unity is hard to count as it runs poorly).

What funny is that for all the people whinging about games that cant hit 1080p aren't next gen or not buying unless it's 1080p, 2 of the best showcases for their respective consoles aren't 1080p. Funny that.

The Order runs at the native 1080p TV resolution though, there's no upscaling and blurrinness as a result. I recently played few 720p PS3 games for the first time since Burial at Sea ep.2, and after getting used to games being rendered at the native resolution they just looked blurry to me. That goes for their menus and startup logos as well.

Ecto1

Neo Member
The Order runs at the native 1080p TV resolution though, there's no upscaling and blurrinness as a result. I recently played few 720p PS3 games for the first time since Burial at Sea ep.2, and after getting used to games being rendered at the native resolution they just looked blurry to me. That goes for their menus and startup logos as well.

I prefer The Orders native presentation to an up-scaled alternative. Besides, the fact its running 4xMSAA means that it could easily run at 1920x1080 with more standard console AA, so it irritates me a little when people complain about it, as its clearly an artistic choice from the developer... It would in fact be less clear if it was 1920x1080 with standard console AA. Funny the way that works. And even though up-scaled content is blurrier than native content, some games with good AA tend to look slightly more soft and filmic in my opinion. Id still rather have native clarity though.

And lastly, Its nice to see more Xbox One stuff here. Loving the Ryse, Halo and Sunset Overdrive screens.

omonimo

Banned
I'd like to see what Crytek could pull off with the extra GPU power from kinect and the updated SDK. Ryse looks incredible for a launch title.
Jeez I'm starting to see the damage of the MS PR stuff here. GPU extra stuff? They have optimized CPU stuff dropping the kinect, and the SDK improvement maybe give some help in the ESRAM department but I exclude they pull extra power in the GPU with a simple SDK update.

Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us already had volumetric light shafts so I'd expect to see them in U4.
They aren't volumetric light shaft, but a simple tech which work with the bloom giving the illusion to generate light shafts (I forgot the right word) in U3, volumetric light shaft are quite expensive for ps4 too, I can't imagine for the poor ps3 hardware.

omonimo

Banned
Ok, there is really something wrong with the ps4 hardware and the AF, if a game with this marvelous graphic show such things.
15965036303_466f825123_o.jpg

theorder_1886_2015022gruwd.jpg

I'd like to see what Crytek could pull off with the extra GPU power from kinect and the updated SDK. Ryse looks incredible for a launch title.

Are they working on a sequel?
Ryse had some problems on XB1, beeing 900p and having some issues with framerate. I think that these problems could be sorted out by now. Maybe not 1080p but at least a rocksolid 30FPS.

RexNovis

Banned
Ok, there is really something wrong with the ps4 hardware and the AF, if a game with this marvelous graphic show such things.
theorder_1886_2015022gruwd.jpg

So you're using other people's screnshots of a game that actually has AF on PS4 to complain about the lack of it on PS4. You are something else dude.

Top Bottom