• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomShoe

Banned
No, reffing that bad deserves to be called out.

Yeah, try again. Evil doesn't come in last place.

Two out of bounds plays.

Like a play or two before that a guy on Duke clearly stepped out of bounds. That was right before a bucket and a foul.

Ending ruined an otherwise good one.

Refs kinda ruined this game both ways.

I never complain about refs, but that was horseshit.

Two out of bounds plays right in the last two minutes that weren't called/called wrong. Holy fuck how did they watch the really of that so much and get it wrong?

See kids, evil does win.

Really disappointing that the refs really took over this entire tournament. Bad officiating had a huge impact in so many games.

And the refs decide another one.

First the Patriots...now Duke. The sports gods have not been kind.

I love it

d94588ee-e307-4749-a342-c88cb04fc3cd.jpg

Don't care. We're champions.

Haha, and I am jealous of how you feel right now. I am going to get on FB where I will get to read ignorant shit such as "You're welcome, Duke. We wore Wisconsin down enough for you to beat them."

Grats Duke. Here is hoping we get a chance to beat you all in the tournament in the near future.

Renji_11

Man something has to be done about these refs in CBB, you can see when they decide in the games to "help" a team or a player out. Okafor had 4 fouls so they just completely stopped calling fouls on Duke. Coach K knows this and teaches his teams to throw themselves around with reckless abandon. Same thing with the Cats, refs let them manhandle their opponents all season long.
Yup Jones is so good but I just can't stand how they just let jump into people over and over and gets the foul called on the other guy.

I pray to god that duke, kentucky and north carolina win the natty every single year for the next 50 years until everyone gets bored of it and moves onto golf or something

iori9999

Banned
These refs were terrible.. But I also blame Wisconsin for letting Adams or whoever that mediocre player for Duke was single-handedly bringing them back.

Badgers really need to learn how to handle the ball better.

spyder_ur

The last batch of games were close but just poor basketball. I'm not sure why the quality of the NCAA has gone down as far as it has in the last few years. Close hectic basketball at points with just poor play.

Believe me I'm the first person to point out how awful the play is in many of these games. And the officiating at large. The game is overcoached and overofficiated, and there are problems beyond that too. But I thought it was better from the elite 8 on, which makes sense.

And you're just going to ignore the fact that the refs directly gave them those opportunities?

The out of bounds call was weird - looked out off Duke but I guess they didn't see enough. I'm not ignoring anything, but I am going to have perspective. The refs didn't make Wisconsin not adjust to the same play all second half, or help Jones knock down all those huge shots.

Coach K is probably the best at abusing ref psychology in the league.

Yep, and i can't hate him for that because it becomes a vicious cycle. the refs do it so he abuses it and the refs keep doing it and now its become "Duke's Signature Tough and gritty Defense".

gcubed

I pray to god that duke, kentucky and north carolina win the natty every single year for the next 50 years until everyone gets bored of it and moves onto golf or something

Bracket challenges, like fantasy football, ensures that the tourney will never fade.

Hook the sports illiterate with minor gambling and you can never lose

Talon

Duke's going to be rough next year. Agree with truly that this is probably K's last championship, but he solidified a hell of a legacy. Didn't think this Duke team would get that far with the mess of a defense down the stretch, but they clamped down like hell all tournament.

Hopefully UNC can get even next year if Paige, Johnson, and Jackson come back. Please.

TraBuch

Banned
Duke's going to be rough next year. Agree with truly that this is probably K's last championship, but he solidified a hell of a legacy. Didn't think this Duke team would get that far with the mess of a defense down the stretch, but they clamped down like hell all tournament.

Hopefully UNC can get even next year if Paige, Johnson, and Jackson come back. Please.
2016 could be Duke's year if recruiting goes like it should.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Dekker picked a helluva time to brick all day from 3.

Glad Duke won.. but I wanted that win over Kentucky dammit.

Tyus Jones is such a big time player.. just clutch as fuck.

Jarate

Banned
Really awesome year, maybe this loss means Kaminsky will stay lol

Wiscy still has Koenig and Hayes for 2 years, 2 years from now, theyll probably have another top flight team

Bowser

Paige basically said he was back after the Wisky game. Brice and JJax confirmed their returns this week (Brice yesterday). If we can land one of Brown or Ingram we should be top 3 all year.

Bessy67

Bo gets good recruits, I don't think this is his last final four
I wouldn't say he gets good recruits necessarily, but he gets guys that fit his system and that consistently get better over their 4 years.

I'm a Wisconsin fan just speaking from the heart. This shit hurts because I know it won't happen again. The Packers losing the NFC hurt less cause I know they'll make it there again.
I actually have much more confidence in Wisconsin than the Packers. We still have Capers.

Wisconsin went from only 2 team fouls in the first half to the double bonus in the first 9 minutes of the second half. Hmmmmm........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom