• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA March Madness 2016 - Men's Tournament |OT| Nobody is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Damn missed my square of 6-4 for $800, shoulda gone for a two nova :p

Glad they won, Cuse fan, not bitter at loss against UNC just like to see the Big East still rockin

smoothj

DTCdkE5.gif

Hell of a game, right there with Duke Butler 2010 and Kansas Memphis 08.

Thanks to Jenkins shot made $300 on the Nova money line, enough to be ahead for the tourney (damn you Gonzaga and IU in the S16).

Bowser

Went to the Super Bowl. Terrible L but the Panthers were outclassed from the get go.

Went to this game as well. To go from the immediate high and elation of Marcus' incredible, double clutch 3, thinking we're going to OT and this title is destined, to the sinking despair as Jenkins' 3 swished through at the buzzer to snatch that title away from Marcus and Brice...I wanted to puke right then and there.

2016 is the worst.

Proelite

Went to the Super Bowl. Terrible L but the Panthers were outclassed from the get go.

Went to this game as well. To go from the immediate high and elation of Marcus' incredible, double clutch 3, thinking we're going to OT and this title is destined, to the sinking despair as Jenkins' 3 swished through at the buzzer to snatch that title away from Marcus and Brice...I wanted to puke right then and there.

You might want to avoid watching most of March Madness coverage next few years.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Lol, on one of the TDD threads celebrating the loss/reactions etc, the script ad is about taking a stand against bullying.

In terms of pure joy, I did enjoy the Rivers shot a little more. I have too many relatives/friends that are UNC fans and alums and to lose in that way, well, its hard not to see how devastating that would be. I'd probably be ready to lash out at anyone who wanted to mock or deride.

So to all our UNC regulars who post here. I'm not going to insult your intelligence and pretend I didn't enjoy that L, you guys would have done the same. But I'm going to tip my cap on a well played tourney run and as far as that aftermath....I get it. It sucks.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Nobody had Villanova in the NeoGAF Yahoo bracket, either.

Villanova is the Rodney Dangerfield of bracket picks, apparently.

I didn't think much of them because they have stunk it up lately. Including as a #1 last year and a #2 the year before. The last time they made it past the first weekend was 2009.

Lol, on one of the TDD threads celebrating the loss/reactions etc, the script ad is about taking a stand against bullying.

In terms of pure joy, I did enjoy the Rivers shot a little more. I have too many relatives/friends that are UNC fans and alums and to lose in that way, well, its hard not to see how devastating that would be. I'd probably be ready to lash out at anyone who wanted to mock or deride.

So to all our UNC regulars who post here. I'm not going to insult your intelligence and pretend I didn't enjoy that L, you guys would have done the same. But I'm going to tip my cap on a well played tourney run and as far as that aftermath....I get it. It sucks.

It's more relief for me than joy.

Imma keep it funky: I don't really dislike UNC and in general, Duke-Carolina has not really been a rivalry built on pure animosity for a long time. There's too much cooperation, collaboration, and general chumminess between the two schools for all that. Duke kids love partying on Franklin St., UNC kids love going to Shooters (for some odd reason because that place is ass, but I digress). Sure they are competitive, but there's no real hate there anymore. And it certainly isn't there on the court either because the kids don't stay in school long enough to build that up like they used to (at least Duke's don't).

But I just can't deal with the bandwagoners, the fair-weathers, the ol' "watch 3 games a year but I'm a diehard"s talking noise. I feel bad for how that team lost that game last night, and I kinda feel bad for most of the fans too. Some of yall tho (no one here obv) gots to go.

ryseing

It's more relief for me than joy.

Imma keep it funky: I don't really dislike UNC and in general, Duke-Carolina has not really been a rivalry built on pure animosity for a long time. There's too much cooperation, collaboration, and general chumminess between the two schools for all that. Duke kids love partying on Franklin St., UNC kids love going to Shooters (for some odd reason because that place is ass, but I digress). Sure they are competitive, but there's no real hate there anymore. And it certainly isn't there on the court either because the kids don't stay in school long enough to build that up like they used to (at least Duke's don't).

But I just can't deal with the bandwagoners, the fair-weathers, the ol' "watch 3 games a year but I'm a diehard"s talking noise. I feel bad for how that team lost that game last night, and I kinda feel bad for most of the fans too. Some of yall tho (no one here obv) gots to go.

I feel like there's more pure anger/hatred with State/Carolina than Carolina/Duke.

If only because of Pack Pride.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So:

Jackson
Allen
Tatum
Amile
Giles

?

Jones, Kennard and Thornton (assuming he doesn't transfer) and possibly Bolden if he doesn't go to UK. Matt Jones will be like last season where coming off the bench, he won't have to do too much. Kennard and Thornton have experience and should a a lot better. Kinda similar to 2015 with some experience and talented freshmenses.

Hold up your end of the bargain and by this time next year we'll get those rating back up.

Fjordson

Forgot about Bolden. Wow. He will probably go to Duke.

UK will be good, but honestly think they'll be a little overrated to start the year. For seemingly the 26th year in a row Cal couldn't recruit a true small forward and I think we'll be hard pressed for dependable shooting from 3.

Duke doesn't even have enough scholarships (limit: 13) to go around for next year. A few weeks ago, the Duke beat writer (Laura Keeley) for the Charlotte and Raleigh papers said that David Robinson's kid would probably go off scholarship as a preferred walk-on (which was his original status, but they put him on scholarship this past season), but still the expectation I think was that Allen would go.

This is what they have returning (assuming no transfers and no surprise draft declarations, also assuming Jefferson returns for a fifth year due to medical redshirt) and coming in:

Jeter
Allen
Kennard
Thornton
Jones
Jefferson
Vrankovic
Obi
Robinson*

Harry Giles
Jayson Tatum
Frank Jackson
Javin DeLaurier
Jack White

That's 14, 13 if you take Robinson off scholarship. But they're still in the running for a couple of recruits. Incidentally, they still only have 1 PG on the roster, so they really need Thornton to not decide to go elsewhere.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Duke doesn't even have enough scholarships (limit: 13) to go around for next year. A few weeks ago, the Duke beat writer (Laura Keeley) for the Charlotte and Raleigh papers said that David Robinson's kid would probably go off scholarship as a preferred walk-on (which was his original status, but they put him on scholarship this past season), but still the expectation I think was that Allen would go.

This is what they have returning (assuming no transfers and no surprise draft declarations, also assuming Jefferson returns for a fifth year due to medical redshirt) and coming in:

Jeter
Allen
Kennard
Thornton
Jones
Jefferson
Vrankovic
Obi
Robinson*

Harry Giles
Jayson Tatum
Frank Jackson
Javin DeLaurier
Jack White

That's 14, 13 if you take Robinson off scholarship. But they're still in the running for a couple of recruits. Incidentally, they still only have 1 PG on the roster, so they really need Thornton to not decide to go elsewhere.

Rumors swirling that Obi's knees are in pretty bad shape and he might be done for good. That would open up a spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom