• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
First the Patriots and now this. 2017 is going down as an awful sports year.

But pardon me for a moment as I rationalize this one away.

I live in a country that elected friggin Donald Trump president. Carolina winning the title rates low on my list of problems.

Karl2177

First the Patriots and now this. 2017 is going down as an awful sports year.

But pardon me for a moment as I rationalize this one away.

I live in a country that elected friggin Donald Trump president. Carolina winning the title rates low on my list of problems.

At least Clemson beat Bama... It's better than nothing.

Kalnos

Banned
For real though that game sucked for Gonzaga, that's probably the only time they will ever play in the title and they had to watch that shit.

seems legit

C8ie2R7XYAUWh3P.jpg

Jesus Christ, the ref was standing right there lol.

TraBuch

Banned
Fucking Gonzaga. Fucking refs. My only solace is that asshole Brice Johnson wasn't here to win it.

Well, at least I get to play Persona 5 tomorrow.

Ascenion

Well time for me to drive to Carolina and shout out truths like Dean Smith is ashamed of you, fuck Roy Williams, and Coach K forever. Fucking Carolina, I hate that I live 3 hours away from Chapel Hill.
Edit: I'm a disgruntled Duke fan. I admit we lost and took the L but fuck them winning shit. They don't deserve it.

I'm not sure why they put it all on his shoulders after he hurt his ankle. That shot he took at their last real possession was a joke... pass.

Should've taken Williams Goss out but I'm guessing Few just figured trusting the guy that kept them in the game was the way to go. Its a decision that Few will be second guessing for a while I'm sure. Hope he can get the Zags back there someday and win.

Alright I'm calm down now and Im sorry for the very heated response but congrats to the Tar Heels they were the better team tonight plus they deserve one after having it slip away in a couple seconds last year.

Ascenion

Can't take that state seriously but if I sounded heated then I apologize.
Sorry y'all just salty that's all North Carolina ruins my hopes every year in sports.

It's fine. Take solace in the fact that half the state hates them. Me included. But hey at least they aren't UNCG.

Proelite

This tournament makes me question if our past few titles have been rigged for us...

UNC needed a title so the fans can stay watching. Zags fans wants to watch for redemption.

This tournament makes me question if our past few titles have been rigged for us...

UNC needed a title so the fans can stay watching. Zags fans wants to watch for redemption.

I question whether the zags will put together the talent to get back and hit the right circumstances. This really was their year

Proelite

Dont matter. This will help recruiting out a ton. And we will have lots of PT to offer top players.

Eh...

I wouldn't be sure about that. Kids nowadays don't care about staying 2 or more years at a program to win a title. They did rather go to a place that showcase them.

As long as Berry is there, UNC will remain a thread.

Bradley,
Maye,
Pinson,
Williams,
Berry

is a top 5 team next year, he can even play the same style by having Pinson and Bradley crash the boards.

If Collins comes back (big if) they would still have a really strong core: Williams-Goss, Perkins, Williams, Collins, Tillie.

Collins is very likely going pro. If Williams-Goss does too then we have no shot of going back again. If he stays then there's a very slim chance we can get there again next year.

bigfurb

Eh...

I wouldn't be sure about that. Kids nowadays don't care about staying 2 or more years at a program to win a title. They did rather go to a place that showcase them.

As long as Berry is there, UNC will remain a thread.

Bradley,
Maye,
Pinson,
Williams,
Berry

is a top 5 team next year, he can even play the same style by having Pinson and Bradley crash the boards.

And thats not even taking into account Jalek Felton and possibly getting Kevin Knox. They may not be favourites, but they're gonna be just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom