• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Catpause is super salty / depressed than Duke sites. They seem to hate UNC way more than us nowadays.

There's no real animosity between Duke and Carolina anymore. Ten years ago I probably would be way more upset than I actually am now. Then I would be depressed for months, now? Ehh, whatever. Slightly annoyed at most

Whereas I think the most hardcore UK fans (no one on GAF) feel like the media treats them unfairly with respect to all the other bluebloods and have kinda irrationally taken that out on the other schools.

Proelite

There's no real animosity between Duke and Carolina anymore. Ten years ago I probably would be way more upset than I actually am now. Then I would be depressed for months, now? Ehh, whatever. Slightly annoyed at most

Whereas I think the most hardcore UK fans (no one on GAF) feel like the media treats them unfairly with respect to all the other bluebloods and have kinda irrationally taken that out on the other schools.

Idk, Catpause was envious but not meltdowning after our recent titles. It wasn't like this.

RR30

Idk, Catpause was envious but not meltdowning after our recent titles. It wasn't like this.

Duke hasn't been committing academic fraud for two decades either. Add in the fact that UK lost to UNC in a very questionably called game makes it worse to a lot of these fans.

Me? Meh I don't want them to ever win but I don't care enough meltdown either.

Proelite

Tell that to the dude that hung a Carolina flag over my cubicle at work today.

Of all the days to be in the office...

Tell him that you ran out of tp at home and that flag is just what you need.

With that said, IC is cautious about rubbing it in too much. No "K is done" type of threads. Hardly any Dook threads.

It's all about the next play.

I remember personally cherishing the 2015 title for one day before obsessing over the next season.

I mean the tree poisoning/death threats to players variety of real animosity!

But for real, though, what you're experiencing is called adulthood. You say "10 years ago you" would be depressed for a week, that's because "10 years ago you" was still in middle school or early high school.

Those bus rides after Duke losses or Carolina wins such as these were the worst.

When Carolina won the title in 93, we were on spring break that week. That first day back that next week? THE ABSOLUTE WORST. There's one kid's smug face I can still see to this day walking into first period...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom