• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

UK press conference going live in a little bit. 8 chairs, so safe to assume everyone's gone (Cauley-Stein, Towns, Booker, Dakari, Harrison twins and Lyles).

Fjordson

All of them will announce they're returning just long enough for somebody to get a 2016 tattoo.

Then they'll bolt.
Well at least Cauley-Stein will always be a Wildcat for some fans...

willielegtattoos-600x450.jpg

lol

Bowser

UK will still be a top 5 team. They will reload:

PG: So. Ulis
SG: Fr. Briscoe (5*, #3 SG)
SF: Jr. Poythress
PF: Jr. Lee
C: Fr. Labissiere (5*, #1 C)

I'm sure they'll reel in a couple of the remaining unsigned top recruits as well (Newman, Diallo, maybe Brown, etc).

Fjordson

Oh right forgot about those two. Guessing Lee will probably have a more significant role, right?
I think so. He could even start, though it depends on recruiting. Skal Labissiere will certainly start and UK is in the mix for a few other top 10 big men. If Calipari gets one of them then Lee may still come off the bench.

It's a little surprising to me that Lee hasn't made more of a dent in Cal's rotations thus far. Athletic big men who can block shots and rebound describes most of the best bigs Calipari has had at Kentucky and that's pretty much Marcus Lee's game.

Towns: All-Star
Lyles: Borderline All-Star
Cauley Stein: Above Average
Booker: Below Average
Andrew Harrison: Fort Wayne Mad Ant
Aaron Harrison: Beijing Duck
Dakari Johnson: Hanging out with Daniel Orton

Fjordson

I think Booker will be fine. 6-6, can defend and is a legit great shooter.

Harrisons I really have no idea about. Andrew showed a lot of development this year and his size as a point guard is pretty nice, so I think he has a better chance than Aaron at a decent contract, but I could also see them playing overseas.

Dakari....yeah, I dunno. He's big and a good rebounder, but he looked lost down the stretch this year. Hope he makes dozens of millions and proves me wrong, though.

thefro

I'm sure they'll reel in a couple of the remaining unsigned top recruits as well (Newman, Diallo, maybe Brown, etc).

Willis and Hawkins probably actually will get some playing time too I imagine. Still should be a good team but a ton worse than this past year.

I would presume they would look for a grad transfer PG to back up Ulis, since that seems like the big weakness on the team right now and there's not an unsigned guy to fill that role that I see.

Duke's training staff is no doubt good. Can they correct shortness though?

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I'm the same height as Quinn and he managed to survive.

Sign me up K!

Kyrie made it back!

Just in time for the Blue Devils to flame out against a team playing out of their minds.

Ryan Kelly made it back too!

Just in time for the Blue Devils to flame out against a team playing out of their minds.

Time to bid adieu to the most unique championship team in Duke's history.

8 players
4 frosh
2 players leave
1 game played with 100% 2-3 zone
90 points given up to Miami at home

For real though, that second link above, the rest of that page and into the next is hilarious, in retrospect.

Also, Jeff Goodman is reporting that Hurley to Arizona State is a done deal.

Fjordson

Yeah, Hurley story is popping up on my phone. Looks like he's going.

Kinda crazy to think that Hurley had Buffalo beating UK at halftime in Rupp this year.

Well, might as well change the name to Ken-Fucked-Ty

No way Kentucky is top ten in the preseason rankings. They probably won't even be ranked period.

Calipari's going to recruit his ass off if he even wants to get close to the NC.

Fjordson

Well, might as well change the name to Ken-Fucked-Ty

No way Kentucky is top ten in the preseason rankings. They probably won't even be ranked period.

Calipari's going to recruit his ass off if he even wants to get close to the NC.
Wat. The shitty 2013 team was ranked in the top 3. UK will be 8-10 at absolute worst.

Whether or not they're actually any good is another story.

bachikarn

Maybe. Last time they lost a lot of talent they went to the NIT (2013) or was only an 8 seed (2014). They are losing even more guys this time.

Fjordson

2014 team was within 6 points of a title though. Came through when it mattered.

I don't think this will be a 2013 NIT type year
oh god please no
but we won't stay a top 5 team. I can see it being like the 2011 final four team. Up and down with 9 losses, but ended up being a good team at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom