• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good thing about my wife and I attending three flagships and her working at another large school is that any given year we can root for at least two teams in the tournament,, this year is no different, albeit two teams to get washed out immediately.

Owensboro

Well since the Gators didn't make it, I'm rooting for every team except Kentucky

Well that's not the SEC Spirit.

SEC! SEC! SEC!

Edit: Just filled out my first look "5 Minutes ONLY" bracket. Now time to do 3 days worth of research and make a second one, and then laugh as my 5-minute bracket beats it AGAIN. I've done it every year and I swear the research bracket has won only 30% of the time.

If John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, Eric Bledsoe, and Patrick Patterson can lose

then anyone can lose

oh shit, West Virginia gonna be world beaters again arent they

Fjordson

then anyone can lose

Eh, this team can shoot it better than that one and has a lot more depth. Will actually be a tougher out than the 2010 team, despite all that star power.

But you're right, assuming anyone will run through this is nuts.

then anyone can lose

That team couldn't shoot worth a shit and it bit them in the ass when Huggins threw the 1-3-1 at them.

Just a terrible match-up they happened to run into.

Proelite

As a Duke fan, I am scared of my 16 seed matchup.

They're the best 16th seed according to all stats rankings, and better than 3 of the 4 15 seeds.

They also shoot 3s very well, and will be taller in 3 of 5 positions.

They have a 7% chance willing against us according to Kenpom, but one should probably double that chance given all our "cupcake" opponents play out of their minds.

If you want to YOLO on your bracket challenge, pick us to be the first 1 seed to be upset by a 16 seed.

enewtabie

Harvard is no joke so it'll be a good game for my Heels. Then if we can win I imagine Arkansas beats Wofford. I look for a Kentucky loss in the second round.

Subitai

If UK had lost in the SEC tourney and released the pressure, they'd be locks to win this. It is gonna be a lot tougher mentally now to make it through.

Which has 5-12 game has the most upset potential?

andycapps

They're the best 16th seed according to all stats rankings, and better than 3 of the 4 15 seeds.

They have a 7% chance willing against us according to Kenpom, but one should probably double that chance given all our "cupcake" opponents play out of their minds.

If you want to YOLO on your bracket challenge, pick us to be the first 1 seed to be upset by a 16 seed.

Wouldn't be that shocking after what Mercer did last year.

Hoping UGA can get past Michigan State, wish we got OSU's draw.

Bowser

Harvard is no joke so it'll be a good game for my Heels. Then if we can win I imagine Arkansas beats Wofford. I look for a Kentucky loss in the second round.

hwYDk0S.gif

devilhawk

KU's 15 seed has a better Kenpom then 2 of the 12 seeds

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

Isn't the 16 seed for us a First Four winner? Are you just assuming one of the 2 will win?(and if so, which one is it? I'm curious)

Wouldn't be that shocking after what Mercer did last year.

Trying to use past tournament performance to predict the current year's performance is pretty silly. They're 2 completely different teams. And if you're going to insist on it anyway, why would you bet against the coach with the best NCAAT winning percentage?

Duke loses in the first round next year, not this year. It's an even year thing, that was the exchange for the even year title in 2010.

Plus, next year's team has exactly 0 point guards.

Isn't the 16 seed for us a First Four winner? Are you just assuming one of the 2 will win?(and if so, which one is it? I'm curious)

Trying to use past tournament performance to predict the current year's performance is pretty silly. They're 2 completely different teams. And if you're going to insist on it anyway, why would you bet against the coach with the best NCAAT winning percentage?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about North Florida

DarkFlow

Banned

More Proof Arizona got screwed.

The No. 2 seed, Arizona, actually rates slightly higher than Wisconsin; Arizona is also the only team ahead of Kentucky in any of the seven systems we track (Arizona rates slightly ahead of Kentucky in Sonny Moore’s power ratings.).

Still, these are marginal differences. (Arizona’s composite power rating is 94.7 while Wisconsin’s is 94.1, which means that Arizona would be favored by less than a point on a neutral court.) So why does the model give Arizona a considerably better chance — 46 percent against Wisconsin’s 33 percent — of reaching the Final Four? Some of it has to do with each team’s Sweet 16 matchup. Wisconsin’s prospective opponent (No. 4 seed North Carolina) rates as being stronger than Arizona’s (No. 3 seed Baylor). But the geography also works in Arizona’s favor; the regional final will be played in Los Angeles.

The geography is much more important this year than seeding. Everyone on the top 2 lines can be beaten this year. (Except Kentucky probably)

Playing their regionals in Los Angeles is a much bigger deal for Arizona than getting to say they are a 1 seed.

Fjordson

Yeah, Arizona could have gotten a different region without Wisconsin or a even a 1 seed, but I'm not sure if that would have been much better than the geographical advantage out West.

1. we ended up in the West, which was way more important than a 1 or a 2 seed
2. we were going to be in a region with Wisconsin or Villanova anyway
3. we got maybe the easiest path to the Elite 8 in the entire tourney
4. please stop whining, it's embarrassing the fanbase

Fjordson

Arizona travels well regardless, the region would not have made that big a deal.
Well sure, lots of big fanbases travel, but that's still a big difference and an advantage in the committee's eyes.

I personally would have given Wisconsin Duke's 1 seed and given Arizona the seed out West, but that's just me.

DarkFlow

Banned
1. we ended up in the West, which was way more important than a 1 or a 2 seed
2. we were going to be in a region with Wisconsin or Villanova anyway
3. we got maybe the easiest path to the Elite 8 in the entire tourney
4. please stop whining, it's embarrassing the fanbase

Arizona Fan with a Laker avatar... Does not compute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom