• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

R8TEDM3

15569177213_f8d60d39c1_k.jpg

16003190257_ba7c69b42a_k.jpg

Spazznid

So I traveled to the Western villages and it's pretty much nothing but mountains and tall trees. There are a lot of logging camps, and creatures made of trees, some measuring a hundred feet in height. If they were to stand still, you'd have a very hard time seeing them from a small distance.

16187584141_85c40e8f6a_o.png

16002014728_832f728871_o.png

Spazznid

On one of the mountains nearby, there was a player trying to catch a Red-brown horse. These horses usually have pretty good stats.

16002014608_ff4e1349e1_o.png

16003402909_de615b67af_o.png

Spazznid

I headed to the top of a few of these mountains. The mobs in the area are pretty high level, so I had to be quick getting there, but the view is worth it, I think. Oh, and here's a shot of my first bred horse. His name is Freyr. His parents are my previous horses, Freya, and Mulenir. Not quite as fast or strong as his mother, but still a pretty horse. I never like putting armor on him, because it blocks his mane, which turned out silver-gold.

16003403009_29b34490e9_o.png

16163642126_81cfcd53d9_o.png

You can see the huge tower at Calpheon from here. That's not even very much of the map. I need to level my trading so I can trade to these areas.

Spazznid

I thought it looked closer to Dragon Age Inquisition with the heavy contrast and colors. And once you see that "tree" you can't unsee it.

lol, I didn't see it till it was already posted. Still, I'm a man, and I won't remove it, nothing to do with laziness...

16004821947_6d46b70111_o.png

15570798733_e2c1226387_o.png

Finally playing around with ReShade. Being able to apply depth of field to any game is pretty powerful. I randomly decided to boot up Lords of the Fallen and tried it out. Works pretty nicely.

Here's depth of field + color grading

16004657888_748b8fed3d_o.jpg

Gonna keep playing with it a bit. It's fun.

I've seen maybe 3 aliased shots of SC in the screenshot threads for the last few months... I don't know where you've been looking. Almost all the shots of SC in either screenshot thread are downsampled.
I don't understand your point. Does the ability to downsample screenshots negate the fact that you can't enable antialiasing in Star Citizen?

Finally playing around with ReShade. Being able to apply depth of field to any game is pretty powerful....

Are you able to use SSAO or depth based dof in FEAR or Mirrors Edge?
I've tried MasterEffect 1.0.302 Public by Marty McFly.

I can't get it to work, 2d effects work but they are useless for me
Example, tilt shift:
fear2015-01-0411-06-56fuyt.jpg

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
One3d's DA:I shots looks absolutely stunning. Reminds me that I should start playing that game one of these day's. Especially since I already own it since launch, heh.

Mind is one of those games where I keep hitting the screenshot button. A real looker, this one.

This one's beautiful for so many reasons, but none of them being image quality.

Reshade is still in beta. I would expect some problems. But check out the official forums. The Reshade site is fairly new, but the forums can be helpful.

It's working now, had to disable FEARs AA though, I have to try if SMAA via Sweet FX 2 works, later. edit: gedosato smaa is working. Edit: tilt shift is 3d now because depth is recognized.

The SSAO is rough but makes the scenery look more 3d but it also conflicts with the textures of the characters. It makes the mesh structure visible (maybe it's the dof, I don't know)
It's very interesting nonetheless.

Peterthumpa

Finally playing around with ReShade. Being able to apply depth of field to any game is pretty powerful. I randomly decided to boot up Lords of the Fallen and tried it out. Works pretty nicely.

Here's depth of field + color grading

16004657888_748b8fed3d_o.jpg

Gonna keep playing with it a bit. It's fun.

Mind to say how did you achieved it? Tried it here but it seems like it isn't loading ReShade, at all, besides the log file being created. Replaced the .fx file for the "MasterEffect shader collection", activated DoF inside it but no visible changes.

Is performance heavily affected?

Is ReShade's DOF static or it detects where you look at ?

The shader I'm using has 2 options - manual and auto focus. Manual focus is based on a distance value.

Mind to say how did you achieved it? Tried it here but it seems like it isn't loading ReShade, at all, besides the log file being created. Replaced the .fx file for the "MasterEffect shader collection", activated DoF inside it but no visible changes.

Is performance heavily affected?

I ran the ReShade setup, selected the executable for LotF, then manually selected DX11. After that I copied over the Master Effect files.

The setting I'm using for DoF is:

#define USE_GP65CJ042DOF 1

Scroll down a ways to tweak that particular DoF. The default quality is 7 which actually impacts performance quite a bit. So you'd probably want to turn that down a bit.

Top Bottom