• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

Just a couple ReShade test shots

16475674168_8ac5ba2ff7_o.png

16637321286_bc7b113ee6_o.png

Nick Pal

By terrible I mean that it's VERY low quality dof. More like a pixelated blur filter which was just placed in the distance. If you plan on using dof through ReShade, play around with MagicDOF. It's very light on resources and probably the easiest to use :)

Thanks, I didn't see MagicDOF in the list, maybe it's not in Reshade 2.0. I'll have to take another look tonight. You know I even went into the original Far Cry 3 configuration settings and set Postfx quality to "false" but it had little to no effect.

Pretty neat Homeworld screens.

I don't have much to share lately so here's something from Borderlands 2

borderlands22015-02-2azuih.jpg

And maybe if anyone is interested here's my Dragon Age: Inquisition album. Thought I'd put it here like I did when I finished with Alien.. shooting it was pretty well effortless with so many lush and varied environments.

Thanks, I didn't see MagicDOF in the list, maybe it's not in Reshade 2.0. I'll have to take another look tonight. You know I even went into the original Far Cry 3 configuration settings and set Postfx quality to "false" but it had little to no effect.

Maybe you're using some older version of MasterEffect? MagicDOF is included in the current version of ME (1.0.340)
About disabling DOF in FC3, I believe you have to set the file to "read only" after you've changed the quality to false. Otherwise it resets itself :)

Blizzard

Banned
Lime, great Homeworld screens. I've never played the original but I picked up the remaster on Steam. One day maybe I'll actually give it a shot!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Vanilla
16666162521_819e96fbf5_o.png

ReShade
16641600726_e0975ec012_o.png

The more cartoony look reminds me of Dark Cloud 2

I think this would benefit a lot from some obscene downsampling. Render at 5120x2880, apply the Sfx, then downsample to 1920x1080.

Top Bottom