• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

Photoshop CC , using automate and photomerge

That's probably adding in a lot of problems. Whenever I use Photoshop for panorama creation, I get distortion, ghosting, pixellation and all sorts. Kolor Autopano Giga is an excellent program for panoramas if you want to check it out. It fixes almost everything automatically, and if there are any more problems you can just make manual adjustments until the shot is just right. Microsoft also have this, although I'm yet to try it. Looks very interesting so I'll probably give it a go next time I do a pano.

Sigh...

Photoshop does Panoramas just fine. If there's distortion, it's either caused by using too wide of an FOV for your individual shots, or the stitching method. It doesn't give you as much control as some other programs, but I've always used it and have never had any issues. Natty.Dread and Midhras both swear by PTGui.

Here's one I just threw together in Borderlands. Used 1:1 shots (5000x5000) and just panned the camera straight across. 6 screenshots. Merged with cylindrical.

16523995390_f0a952bd98_o.jpg

Sigh...

Photoshop does Panoramas just fine. If there's distortion, it's either caused by using too wide of an FOV for your individual shots, or the stitching method. It doesn't give you as much control as some other programs, but I've always used it and have never had any issues.

Well, that's good if Photoshop works for you. But in some cases, it doesn't - and because TurboFD was having the exact same problems I have when I use Photoshop to create panos, then I may as well try and help out.

Anyway, I've been testing out Microsoft ICE and it's really damned good. There's not much control over stitching correction, but you get a lot more options for the type of panorama you want and much more customisation for perspectives, angles, warping and all of that.

16711986615_1ccefc0027_o.jpg

Mmmm. Flak cannon.

16502716827_6a27f1bdae_o.jpg

Reflections (or decals?) were buggin out on that ramp here.

16522603010_d606fc835e_o.jpg

Alright, I'm done messing around in that :)

Quatsch! Perobject motionblur is the best thing since sliced bread. Maybe not for screenshots... but definitely for animation quality and motion acuity.

I find it to be more of a distraction than anything else. But that's just me.

Also, I don't think it' be all that nice in Unreal Tournament in its current state. The player models and animations are still pretty... alpha. The level details are gorgeous, but the action itself is not very nice looking. I'm sure that will all improve over time though.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Are flickr images loading like molasses for anyone else? Seriously crawling. I left page open for 30 minutes and some images were still only half way loaded.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Same for me with some images in this thread.

Same here. Tought it was my internet, even restarted my router/modem.

Alright cool, not just me then. I also restarted my router.

However, for screenshots you want to get the unfiltered, original resolution shot, so YOU get to decide in post what downsampling algorithm to use.

I believe both GeDoSaTo and DSR take the full resolution screenshot, not the already downsampled one. GeDoSaTo definitely, DSR I'm fairly certain.

dr_rus

For Unreal Tournament 4....

Open console (~ key)
Type r.SceneColorFringe.Max 0 and press enter

Chromatic aberration is gone.

SO MUCH better.

CA must be gone from games. It just a stupid effect which ruins IQ and adds a millisecond or so to the PP pass while doing this. Completely pointless.

Blizzard

Banned
I.... I don't get it. You basically crushed what little detail you had in that image, and it wasn't that interesting to begin with. But you know... whatever floats your boat.
This comment seems kind of mean. I think they were going for an ominous silhouette look rather than a detail look. Maybe it was an interesting picture and angle to them?

~~Hasan~~

Timu.

how can someone get into the pre alpha ?

these pics you posted is EXACTLY what i call a nect gen game. damn that is super impressive.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
UC looks really nice. Bring on some UE4 games that aren't completely terrible.

Modified the basic ENB binary to get rid of that ugly yellow tint in New Vegas without overdoing the bloom and brightness levels like most ENBs do.

uzpb.png

vzpb.png

New Vegas is definitely the worst looking game of the two. There doesn't seem to be much you can do about that even with ENB. That said, "most ENBs" for New Vegas look better than that, I think. Oy....

midhras

There's a reason why people sometimes feel pushed to resort to blinding levels of bloom, as well as thick fog, and cascading light. You're pretty much making the argument for it, Dick.

"Most ENBs" for New Vegas look better than that, I think. Oy....

There's a reason why people sometimes feel pushed to resort to blinding levels of bloom, as well as thick fog, and cascading light. You're pretty much making the argument for it.

Most of the ones I've used only look as good as the screenshots in particular moments. Generally I get issues with visibility and insanely overdone bloom and blur. I'm not saying mine looks better, rather it's more of a tweak of the vanilla game that makes it look less like shit while also keeping the visibility fine and barely impacting performance.

Top Bottom