• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

G7pb.png

H7pb.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
yep, it is. i dunno why it's like that, probably something related to mod theft or legal stuff. shrug

in other news: i discovered i have been tweaking the wrong ini for like 4 years holy shit and am now promptly melting my computer with computerized grass
i7pb.jpg

j7pb.jpg

Thats a reeeeal long time to succumb to placebo effect!

Man Zombie Army Trilogy looks fun. It looks somewhat better than the original ZA games. I heard the original ones which are included in that trilogy are remastered in some way, is that true?
Also, I really liked Sniper Elite 3 but the horrendous bloom which can't be disabled has put the game on hiatus for me. Night levels are wonderful but the bloom in daytime, ugh. I hope the trilogy doesn't have bloom on at any point.

dr_rus

I disagree. Looks about as good as I expected. Frostbite is overrated. Shame we'll have to put up with it for Mass Effect 4 :(

I went back to BF3 and BF4 after finishing DAI and Frostbite does look much better in these two compared to what Bioware produced. I dunno if it's a problem with art direction or familiarity with the engine but all DICE FB3 output puts DAI graphics to shame really. Technically it is a great engine with only a couple of issues (AA and some loading times) but DAI doesn't use it in a proper way it seems.

As for ME4 - I think that FB3 would be a better suit for a sci-fi imagery than DA fantasy theme. Still they'd better think of something better than FXAA and/or MSAA 4x for antialiasing. These two simply don't cut it and we don't have the power to downsample these new FB3 titles for now.

Cool shots.

I hope some day we can have skies like this without so much god awful banding. It's just as bad in Dying Light at night. The sky is HORRIBLE.

Anywho, magic DoF looks great in Borderlands. Was playing with some near\far Dof combinations in this shot.

16554894690_642fd11387_o.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Cool shots.

I hope some day we can have skies like this without so much god awful banding. It's just as bad in Dying Light at night. The sky is HORRIBLE.
I used to be really bugged by this when I would try to make something in the UDK without banding for solid colors. However, isn't it physically impossible without grain or higher than 24-bit color? That was my conclusion after experimenting, since even with a change of 1 red, green, or blue value my eye could still sometimes detect the change. Grain or textures help hide it but I don't like grain.

If crazy high-color monitors became common then it might be possible. I would like to see what a high-color (or whatever the proper term is) monitor looks like in person.

Banding is indeed hard to eliminate without switching to a 24 bit colour space, although there are ways around it. In Skyrim, most banding in the sky (which becomes very evident with almost any ENB) can be eliminated by simply adding a mildly transparent layer of a single, solid colour to a normal map. It can be hidden quite well in engines that use 16 bit colour spaces, but it does involve a bit of work as a lot of engines have odd causes behind banding.

One3rd

lol at the one on the right. It looks like a grotesque photo bomb.
Yup, it's hard being a tourist in Mordor without a severed head flying through your field of view ruining a perfectly good picturesque shot of crumbling masonry and statues.

Cool shots.

Anywho, magic DoF looks great in Borderlands. Was playing with some near\far Dof combinations in this shot.

16554894690_642fd11387_o.jpg
Thanks Jim. Banding is definitely an issue in this game, especially in the new DLC level. The atmospheric effects and method I'm using for the raw "wraith mode" look don't help with this at all.

I haven't tried that shader out yet but the Magic DoF looks pretty good in that shot.

Still enjoying these Homeworld shots.

Philtastic

Long-time lurker, first time posting in this thread and doing so with a game that isn't a graphical showcase but has its moments with an art-style that mimics the show while doing its own thing. These were rendered at 3840x2160 downsampled to 2048x1152 (my screen's native res) with GeDoSaTo with 16x AF forced through drivers and depth of field off, FXAA on. One good thing about it not being too taxing is that it runs like this at 50-60 fps on a single 280X.

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong here or can improve how I post screens.

16561731308_d2ed7fcc86_o.png

16562821639_5d0600f7f9_o.png

Top Bottom