• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

Just two ReShade test shots.

16578685288_7f01516d79_o.png

16578863280_676b776730_o.png

OtisInf

16559971447_5698911a0c_o.jpg

Yep. Tonemapping seems to do weird things to the game if the saturation or contrast is bumped up though. Some pretty nasty artifacting in dark scenes, though that's probably something that can be fixed by adjusting the in-game brightness.

Pastebin for what I'm currently running.

Colors & composition are awesome. The pictures do look a little unsharp at places, could be due to the chosen AA method perhaps (bringing back some sharpness might bring other artifacts into the picture as well tho) ?

huge fucking images]

Downsample your friggin images if you're going to post them here. 40MB for a single post is murder. If everyone posted their native 8K+ images, this thread would never load. Especially with Flickr going slow as it has been lately.

Oh! How did you get the DoF to show sharp foreground while your (hidden) cursor clearly points through the open door? Any trick to share with a beginning in-game photographer? :)

I've been trying to change how big the centre of the focus is, if you will. So basically, I wanted to expand how much depth is in focus. Tried doing that to get the entire door in focus but I couldn't. However, I ended up with this shot! I don't have the same settings anymore (I was just editing them on the fly as I was playing) but here's my enbprepass.fx file anyway. Backup your current one, replace it with mine, and in the in-game ENB editor's shader window, under ENBEFFECTPREPASS, tick the MF (manual focus) box and then change the MF distance (m) as desired.

Please note that I didn't write the shader, so I probably can't give much help as I barely have a clue what I'm doing. All I know is that I'm using a modified version of NLA, a modified DoF, a modified effects file, and together it's pretty much a Frankenstein ENB. :p

OtisInf

I've been trying to change how big the centre of the focus is, if you will. So basically, I wanted to expand how much depth is in focus. Tried doing that to get the entire door in focus but I couldn't. However, I ended up with this shot! I don't have the same settings anymore (I was just editing them on the fly as I was playing) but here's my enbprepass.fx file anyway. Backup your current one, replace it with mine, and in the in-game ENB editor's shader window, under ENBEFFECTPREPASS, tick the MF (manual focus) box and then change the MF distance (m) as desired.

Please note that I didn't write the shader, so I probably can't give much help as I barely have a clue what I'm doing. All I know is that I'm using a modified version of NLA, a modified DoF, a modified effects file, and together it's pretty much a Frankenstein ENB. :p
Thanks a lot :) I'll give it a try!

kanuuna

Colors & composition are awesome. The pictures do look a little unsharp at places, could be due to the chosen AA method perhaps (bringing back some sharpness might bring other artifacts into the picture as well tho) ?

Good call. I switched the ReShade FXAA settings up a little bit, and it's looking sharper now. This is 4x SSAA and MasterEffect FXAA with a little bit of tweaking.

16581816250_850656f011_o.jpg

One might argue FXAA doesn't do much on top of that, but I find it helps with the TressFX hair. I also dropped the CA down a little bit. Looks better now.

I'd kinda be interested in trying out portraits, but I'm not sure what kind of custom resolutions I should be trying to set up, or if the game even plays nice with that.

SRWE hotsampling works!

For anyone that doesn't know what this means...

You can run the game in windowed mode. Then you can use a program called SRWE that lets you set any window resolution you want.

If you want high resolution portraits (3:4 is the most popular aspect ratio), then you first set the window to something that will fit on your monitor.

I have a 2560x1440 monitor, so for 3:4 I set the window to 1080x1440. Then I'll set up a shot that I want. Then resize to something much larger but teh same aspect ratio. 4500x6000, for example. The window will be too big to fit on your screen, but the screenshot will still capture. Then you can resize back down to a manageable resolution.

This is the cheat way to do it, but it works. You can, of course, create custom resolutions and play like that. But playing in 3:4 is really hard for me.

Free camera, FOV, and timestop cheat engine table here.

I suck at portraits. This was probably my best:

I might do more of this game with ReShade.

Spazznid

Oh! How did you get the DoF to show sharp foreground while your (hidden) cursor clearly points through the open door? Any trick to share with a beginning in-game photographer? :)

What I do is set the dof change speed to be like 10 seconds, then look at the foreground, and wait for it to settle, then look at my focal point and snap a shot before it changes focus.

I never used that ENB but in those that I've used you can set your focal point manually on a X-Y coordinate system. You can edit the ENB and look what is happening to the blur while you increase/decrease X and Y, so you can put it anywhere on the screen. I'm actually not sure anymore if that was part of a nexus enb mod, could have been this one http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24024/?

"float2 FocusPoint=float2(0.5, 0.5); // the point you want to focus".

But I'm not sure anymore.

Good lord, Rogue is ugly.

Apparently vegetation no longer reacts to player/NPC movement or the weather now. It also only has one anti-aliasing method (FXAA) and a lot of features that Black Flag had are missing in Rogue, especially the Nvidia stuff. Basically, what could have been an okay-ish looking game now looks like arse. I'm guessing Ubisoft did it to maintain decent performance whilst developing the game over a tiny amount of time.

23qwerty

Apparently vegetation no longer reacts to player/NPC movement or the weather now. It also only has one anti-aliasing method (FXAA) and a lot of features that Black Flag had are missing in Rogue, especially the Nvidia stuff. Basically, what could have been an okay-ish looking game now looks like arse. I'm guessing Ubisoft did it to maintain decent performance whilst developing the game over a tiny amount of time.

Still looks amazing on the ocean at least

OtisInf

What I do is set the dof change speed to be like 10 seconds, then look at the foreground, and wait for it to settle, then look at my focal point and snap a shot before it changes focus.

Ah didn't think of that. This morning I realized you can also achieve this with a fixed DoF where you tweak the range where the DoF starts (though it of course depends on the shader code whether this is possible in the used ENB, most of them are dynamic based on the depth of the object currently under the cursor). Normally these are very lame and unusable in gameplay but for picture taking they can be great (I think). Anyway, new things to try out (together with the altered shadercode from anyoneincherno)

I never used that ENB but in those that I've used you can set your focal point manually on a X-Y coordinate system. You can edit the ENB and look what is happening to the blur while you increase/decrease X and Y, so you can put it anywhere on the screen. I'm actually not sure anymore if that was part of a nexus enb mod, could have been this one http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24024/?
Yes exactly: static DoF, not autofocus. Thanks for the link, will try it out too!

@kanuuna much better, awesome picture!

misho8723

Banned
Even though the game looks only slightly better than AC3, it still can sometimes look really good and atmospheric and the gameplay isn't bad either :)... and I really like the enviroments

0Spb.png

4Spb.png

Top Bottom