• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
My old ship:

16178081683_c65951cbd2_o.png

My new hotness:

16772138496_1754a63546_o.png

Tried quite a few ENBs today. I love Natural Lighting and Atmospherics, but I was interested in trying something new - namely, an ENB that works well alongside Climates of Tamriel, for those breath-taking sunsets that I keep seeing popping up in Skyrim screenshots now and again. CR ENB was the one that looked closest to what I wanted, but it ended up just being too bright and inconsistent. It felt a bit... plain? I'm not really sure how to explain it. NLA has a very evident depth to it, but CR feels quite flat. Regardless, I did end up with one shot I liked:

16176723534_89fddcfb57_o.jpg

Anyway, I also downloaded the mod that someone created as a tribute to a Skyrim player who died recently. His brother shared shots of where his character had been left before he died, so we've been downloading the mod and going to the shrine and sharing screenshots of the place in honour of the poor guy who died.

16176724654_14076c3bf0_o.jpg

And now, I may or may not have turned my Skyrim into The Order: 1886.

16773193636_f02f64f0c9_o.jpg

I feel like this kind of visual style really suits the bleak atmosphere and general downtrodden feel of the world in Skyrim.

Tried quite a few ENBs today. I love Natural Lighting and Atmospherics, but I was interested in trying something new - namely, an ENB that works well alongside Climates of Tamriel, for those breath-taking sunsets that I keep seeing popping up in Skyrim screenshots now and again. CR ENB was the one that looked closest to what I wanted, but it ended up just being too bright and inconsistent. It felt a bit... plain? I'm not really sure how to explain it. NLA has a very evident depth to it, but CR feels quite flat. Regardless, I did end up with one shot I liked:

16176723534_89fddcfb57_o.jpg

Anyway, I also downloaded the mod that someone created as a tribute to a Skyrim player who died recently. His brother shared shots of where his character had been left before he died, so we've been downloading the mod and going to the shrine and sharing screenshots of the place in honour of the poor guy who died.

IMO, NLA-based or related presets are far and away superior to everything else.

I also downloaded the mod that someone created as a tribute to a Skyrim player who died recently. His brother shared shots of where his character had been left before he died, so we've been downloading the mod and going to the shrine and sharing screenshots of the place in honour of the poor guy who died.

This is so touching. Beautifully shot.

And now, I may or may not have turned my Skyrim into The Order: 1886.

16773193636_f02f64f0c9_o.jpg

I like it, it has a nice somber look to it. Not too heavy, just "the world is at peace".

This is so touching. Beautifully shot.

I like it, it has a nice somber look to it. Not too heavy, just "the world is at peace".

Thank you. I would ask that anybody who's got a bit of free time and interest in doing the same should download the mod here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63583. Once that's done, you can take a screenshot and share it on the mod's page by clicking the "Add image" button, which is under the version number on the file.

Thanks for the kind comments!

I've tweaked the ENB quite a bit now. Changed lighting and specular values outside, changed reflectivity, ambient occlusion, lighting and fires inside. Particle light sprites are all but gone now, I've left only a very faint glow attached to light sources, which IMO is good because those sprites look awful in Skyrim. Sub surface scattering has been improved to be more realistic without being overly glowy, and I've upped the chromatic aberration slightly, added in noise, vignetting and some of Kyo's levels shaders. I've got to say, I'm starting to quite enjoy tinkering with ENBs, which is quite significant for me because I used to have no clue about any of the settings. I might just end up creating a couple of presets in the next few weeks. Anyway, another "dreamy" shot:

16617273380_8903edf512_o.jpg

Edit: And here's a modified version of NLA with some of the tweaks carried over from my previous shot:

16779615886_a9c0b79190_o.jpg

Eirulan

Good lord, Rogue is ugly.

Hmm, I don't think it's too shabby... it certainly isn't a looker like Unity but I think it's the overall "better AC game" this year. The engine performs great - visuals are somewhere between AC3 and AC4 - I like them. The game really lacks some good AA options though...

Two images (1440p @ 1080p):

acc2015-03-0823-29-507cuk8.jpg

acc2015-03-0823-40-52fgu0m.jpg

OtisInf

My old ship:

16178081683_c65951cbd2_o.png

My new hotness:

16772138496_1754a63546_o.png
Those shots are insane!

(edit)
Currently busy hacking the DoF shader code to add a new effect: the more the pixels are blurred, the more the pixel is desaturated, only leaving color in the sharp areas, so they get even more focus. I got it working on RealVision's DoF shader, but it's not a real advanced DoF shader. I found one on enbdev forums which works differently and I can't get the desaturation work there...

Example:
16618638908_a76bfe92a8_o_d.png

Kindekuma

Banned
MGS V may not have the best graphics ever, but the colours are incredibly realistic.

Agreed. There needs to be a better AA, reduced dithering, and that DoF effect as optional and we're good to go. Amazing port, the only real issue is the scaling when zoomed in. The game overall is rather low-poly but the lighting and textures make up for it IMO.

Agreed. There needs to be a better AA, reduced dithering, and that DoF effect as optional and we're good to go. Amazing port, the only real issue is the scaling when zoomed in. The game overall is rather low-poly but the lighting and textures make up for it IMO.

The Bokeh DOF is great, they just need to reduce the near depth of field to a more near-FOV distance. Then it would be perfect.

Right now they just slapped it in wihtout even tweaking it (hence why in FPS view the ENTIRE GUN is DOF'd)

Kindekuma

Banned
The Bokeh DOF is great, they just need to reduce the near depth of field to a more near-FOV distance. Then it would be perfect.

Right now they just slapped it in wihtout even tweaking it (hence why in FPS view the ENTIRE GUN is DOF'd)

It's good in cutscenes, which it totally a-okay but in gameplay it's a tad distracting. I found that Snake was almost always blurred in some fashion and that bothered me since his character model is SO good it's a shame that the DoF had him blurred for many instances. So I had to mod it out and I enjoy the visuals far more.

qctxfj.png

biagqg.png

Psoelberg

Wow, the pic and that text really hit me. Very beautiful.

Can't sleep, so I've started development on my custom ENB based on NLA. So far I've only finished about 2/3 of the exterior of 1 weather... So in total, it's only around 1% of all the work done! However, considering I'm basing it off NLA, it's such a solid base that developing the rest of the ENB shouldn't take too long. I know exactly what I'm going for - it's just a matter of tinkering with the files until I achieve the precise look I want. So, I guess this is it! Here are two shots of my so far unnamed custom ENB, of course, heavily WIP.

16188919253_5784608e14_o.jpg

16807736202_06eca3e7cf_o.jpg

I can't find where I'm supposed to post art/concept type things. I don't even know if this counts as art, it was effectively my own screenshot just fed through a filter, though you have control over some things on sliders. I used www.fotosketcher.com for it, and you can actually save the image before it's done processing which is what I did here. I think it turned out a lot better with the brushstrokes not being as refined. It's more dynamic and kinda gives it movement.

From Hawken:
018rus1.jpg

This other one is done with a different filter (they have effects like brushstroke, watercolor, pen and ink and so on) and I think it's pretty spot-on for a "historic" looking war-torn scene.

From World of Tanks:
02s1uck.jpg

Please let me know if I should be posting in a different thread with this kind of stuff.

I can't find where I'm supposed to post art/concept type things.

Please let me know if I should be posting in a different thread with this kind of stuff.

The thread for posting that stuff kinda died. There was a 2014 thread, but nobody bothered to make a new one (that I know of).

A new thread kinda became a necessity when people started posting topaz simplify shots here (yeah.... that was my fault). This probably isn't an appropriate thread for it unless you're using real-time shaders though. It's interesting though. I'd suggest posting in-game shots with links to altered versions.

OtisInf

Finally got the color desaturation working in kingeric1992's ENB DoF shader.

16810970995_e135c69b0a_o_d.png

Above shot, while totally not interesting, shows what I was after: highlight the subject in color while out-of-focus elements are desaturated and thus shown in black/white. Next step is to blend a user specified color onto the greyscale so you can replace the black/white with a color you like.

These settings look similar to Horizon ENB which in it's earlier versions was based on NLA.

I've got a lot of problems with Horizon ENB though. The nights look awful and I hate what it did with NLA's colours. Everything is either white or green, and the brightness isn't managed very well IMO. I'm going for a much "heavier" look that will hopefully bring out colours, depth and detail whilst retaining the realism of NLA, but with a layer of fantasy on top. If you've played with NLA, TAZ and Horizon you'll be well aware that the differences between all of the ENBs become much more evident during gameplay than when looking at screenshots, so I hope I'm not wrong when I say that the general atmosphere of my ENB is quite different from Horizon. But I've still got 99% of the ENB left to do, so for now I'll just be posting a few screenshots of it here and there.

Top Bottom