• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Console Screenshot Thread (READ RULES IN OP)

SDR-UK

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

g73J6lD.png

tdoXwUv.png

This game can still stand among some next-gen titles. The work they did in Uncharted 3 is incredible.

Tyaren

Something about DOAX3s image quality isn't right. I doesn't look like it's native 1080p but upscaled 900p. Also the antialisung solution is weird. The jaggies are actually still there, they are just blurry. DOA5 Last Round looks so much clearer and cripser in comparison:

27559534103_f186dffdb7_o.png

dan2026

Something about DOAX3s image quality isn't right. I doesn't look like it's native 1080p but upscaled 900p. Also the antialisung solution is weird. The jaggies are actually still there, they are just blurry. DOA5 Last Round looks so much clearer and cripser in comparison:

They are probably using that crappy anti aliasing technique that blurs the whole picture.
Can't remember what its called.

Caayn

The DOAX3s shots posted here are compressed the DOA5:LR shots you posted aren't. I don't know what AA, if at all, DOAX3s is using. As for DOA5:LR it doesn't use AA at all, what you're seeing is a plain 1080p image.
They are probably using that crappy anti aliasing technique that blurs the whole picture.
FXAA? Depends on the FXAA implementation. It's great for use in combination with downsampling.

Timu

The DOAX3s shots posted here are compressed the DOA5:LR shots you posted aren't. I don't know what AA, if at all, DOAX3s is using. As for DOA5:LR it doesn't use AA at all, what you're seeing is a plain 1080p image.
Exactly, DOA5LR uses no AA which means it has a crapton of jaggies. I mean it's a clear image thanks to 1080p, but it's not exactly clean.

Teepo671

Yeah, a lot of the DOAX3 shots I took were taken using the in game camera. Didn't realize it saved them as jpegs even though I had my screenshots set to save as pngs.

28029985455_79473132ae_o.png

28135159056_e566f9f47d_o.png

Tyaren

Exactly, DOA5LR uses no AA which means it has a crapton of jaggies. I mean it's a clear image thanks to 1080p, but it's not exactly clean.

FXAA? Depends on the FXAA implementation. It's great for use in combination with downsampling.

Yes, I am aware that DOA5 Last Round doesn't have AA... Still I think the image is a lot cleaner and clearer than whatever they are doing to DOAX3's image. I vastly prefer DOA5LR's IQ. I hope for DOA6 they are using a more advanced AA technique. Unfortunately Nioh, Team Ninja's first fully current gen game, doesn't have a great IQ either. :/

Yeah, a lot of the DOAX3 shots I took were taken using the in game camera. Didn't realize it saved them as jpegs even though I had my screenshots set to save as pngs.
The IQ is still messed up uncompressed in PNG:

C7ORKGg.png

This is just cropped out of another shot, It's in original size not upscaled:

LXcm4WL.png

Pretty meh IQ for a 1080p PS4 game...

Top Bottom