• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 MTV Video Music Awards |OT| Controversy made this show famous

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Oh yeah Beyonce is no joke. That lady doesn't play around. A lot of the performers were joking around but she can be stone cold and i don't mean she's a bitch or anything, she just takes her music really serious.

Kusagari

Drake actually shows up at an award show as some kind of gambit to finally get Rihanna as his public girlfriend and he still can't even get a kiss on the lips.

Just saw that Beyonce performance.
s50yprd.gif

This gif applies to Teyanna Taylor too. Cavs are gonna to be back to back champs next year.

Kusagari

They probably in a relationship but Rihanna wants it low key and Drake wants her to recognize it in public.

I mean it's pretty obvious they've at least fucked before. But I doubt Riri really wants it to be anything more than a friends with benefits situation while Drake is beyond desperate for her to publicly come out as his girlfriend.

jbug617

Banned
From The Ringer.

Most importantly, WHAT did Britney Spears do to the executives at MTV and Viacom to deserve her post–Beyoncé performance time slot? It’s like serving spam after caviar. Putting anyone after Beyoncé at the top of her game is incredibly rude, but putting Britney in that position was a clear act of aggression.

Why did this happen? Here are my theories:

1. This is belated payback for Britney’s notoriously lackluster 2007 VMAs performance.
2. This is belated payback for Britney’s excellent 2001 VMAs performance, because she stole the snake, and the snake was very expensive.
3. MTV is deep in the pocket of Big Federline.

Whatever the real reason for the ruthless scheduling, the biggest takeaway from this year’s VMAs is that it’s disrespectful to make anyone follow Beyoncé.
https://theringer.com/live-blog-the-2016-vmas-a866036730f7#.danwucw3m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom