• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 4 - At Least You're Not The Browns

boxter432

Was calling a pick and Eli delivers. But Kendricks drops as easy a pick as you will ever get. That looked like the Vikings defense of pre Zimmer where they would drop Int after Int.
Nice win.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What do they do with Bradford when Bridgewater comes back?

Eh we're four games in so it's hard to say if this keeps up.

Vikings have a pretty good defense and that's the cornerstone of why they're winning ball games.

Bradford is playing well thus far but I'm still skeptical and won't be crowning him anytime soon. Bridgewater might have been playing as well or better so who knows?

boxter432

Seeing QBs looking sad and confused won't get old. Rodgers Cam and Eli had no idea what to do against this D.
Mariota either but he never looked as sad puppy during the game as the vets did. (4th quarter when the game was decided he did of course)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
What do they do with Bradford when Bridgewater comes back?

Teddy's not coming back for a while. He's done for this season, and I would be incredibly suprised to see him play a single game next season.

Kusagari

The Vikings know Teddy will be lucky to be anywhere near ready by next year, let alone if he'll ever be anywhere near the same.

The Vikings traded what they did for Bradford to see if he could be their new franchise QB.

I know DK was wondering

Sorry Squick, still not impressed, especially since I finally got to witness just how monster the Vikings D is.

To be fair, it's the same reason i'm not terribly impressed with Wentz - simplified west coast, tons of screens and swing passes with the odd throw down the seam. Difference is Wentz is a rookie and Bradford's been in the league 6 seasons. Giants are trash, Bradford should have hung 40 on them, especially since the D erased the Giants offense.

squicken

xxKpyWC.gif

Sorry Squick, still not impressed, especially since I finally got to witness just how monster the Vikings D is.

He's never going to look awesome b/c he isn't awesome. His first job is to not lose games. 2nd job is to score more points than the other offense. I'd say outplaying Eli, Cam and Rodgers (w/around a 100 passer rating) is doing the 2nd job pretty well

e: OBJ 3 catches on 9 targets, career low 23 yards

He's never going to look awesome b/c he isn't awesome. His first job is to not lose games. 2nd job is to score more points than the other offense. I'd say outplaying Eli, Cam and Rodgers (w/around a 100 passer rating) is doing the 2nd job pretty well

Seems kind of pointless to me. I know Peyton just got carried to a Super Bowl, but how often are we realistically expecting that to happen? Just looking at history it tends to happen once, maybe twice in a generation.

As for his opponents, perfect storm - Panthers D has fallen back to Earth, Rodgers is playing like garbage and the Giants best player on defense has 6 fingers. Are we going to be kissing Bradford's ass in Week 15? Somehow I doubt it.

A handful?

And some that make a bunch.

Did Bradford touch you or something?
Sure seems that way with a lot of people who were dead fucking wrong about him here. It is so great seeing him outplay top QBs every single week and the bikes just keeping winning. Hopefully he can keep playing great like this and get a ring.

TheFatOne

A couple of good games from Bradford means nothing. The season just begun. Let's see what he looks like at the end of the year because right now there is more of evidence of Bradford being a shit tier QB than a good one. We see teams every year come out strong only to fall apart. I wouldn't count on Bradford playing well all season.

squicken

How many QBs who 'don't make mistakes' win Super Bowls?

He did more than not make mistakes tonight. They needed to answer that Giants TD and went right down the field and did that. Against GB they needed big time throws for TDs and got them. Passer rating is in the top 5.

I get the skepticism. We'll see. The only two Pro Bowl offensive teammates Bradford has ever played with were Peters last year and Stephen Jackson his rookie year. Both of those guys were older and missing time by then and got legacy nods

Mindlog

Another week.
Another sign that we need to start preparing for the draft. Who are the hot quarterback and kicking prospects this year?

I mean, you are saying he's bad.

I'm saying he's playing solid football over three games.

Someone is right and someone is wrong. One of the two is much more objective.

You would be wrong in saying that.

As previously stated, Bradford's been in the league SIX SEASONS. Nothing I saw from Bradford tonight is markedly different from any other Sam Bradford performance in those past six seasons. The only difference is the team he's on.

Which boils this down to - is the Vikings defense good enough to carry their QB to and win a Super Bowl? They could be, but then the QB would largely be immaterial then wouldn't it?

A couple of good games from Bradford means nothing. The season just begun. Let's see what he looks like at the end of the year because right now there is more of evidence of Bradford being a shit tier QB than a good one. We see teams every year come out strong only to fall apart. I wouldn't count on Bradford playing well all season.

Once again.

Most people, me included, are just saying he's playing well enough to win.

It's like people can't accept the inbetween of Terrible and great. He's playing pretty good. That's not that big of a concession.

I'm sure he'll have some bad games, I'm sure he might get hurt. Hasn't happened yet so let it ride.

Lol, no there isn't. Guy has played average at worst in terrible situation after terrible situation.

Striker

Seeing QBs looking sad and confused won't get old. Rodgers Cam and Eli had no idea what to do against this D.
Mariota either but he never looked as sad puppy during the game as the vets did. (4th quarter when the game was decided he did of course)
All three have bad OL as well. How would they do against Dallas or Pittsburgh's OL?

I am dumbfounded how ineffective the DL was and through four games, ZERO takeaways. They have bums like Sheppard and Wade starting but that is hilarious. Patchwork OL and these dudes can't get it done?

squicken

I am dumbfounded how ineffective the DL was and through four games, ZERO takeaways. They have bums like Sheppard and Wade starting but that is hilarious. Patchwork OL and these dudes can't get it done?

Vernon did okay but otherwise I thought that was the big story. I figured Giants DL would control the game and they got pushed around. Both offense and defense I thought the Giants seemed listless

Once again.

Most people, me included, are just saying he's playing well enough to win.

It's like people can't accept the inbetween of Terrible and great. He's playing pretty good. That's not that big of a concession.

I'm sure he'll have some bad games, I'm sure he might get hurt. Hasn't happened yet so let it ride.

No one wants the Vikes to be this good, Banned. NO ONE.

Just enjoy, brother.
Here... I'll pass you one of these:

Ehr0FfH.jpg

pwnage2u

Banned
I have a feeling that Walsh will miss a another big kick in the playoffs and cost us the game. Dude hasn't been himself since last season.

squicken

But he is right. When they traded for Sam all the armchair GM's decided it was a mistake and since no one can admit they were wrong everyone doubles down on the nonsense.

That is exactly right. Everyone at the time of the trade, aside from like 3 people, said it was a robbery by Howie. Obviously it was a great deal for Philly but the Vikes are doing okay

Trey

That is exactly right. Everyone at the time of the trade, aside from like 3 people, said it was a robbery by Howie. Obviously it was a great deal for Philly but the Vikes are doing okay

If they don't win the superbowl this year or the next, it's a bad trade. We all acknowledge it was a pure desperation trade, still doesn't mean we can't look at it funny.

But he is right. When they traded for Sam all the armchair GM's decided it was a mistake and since no one can admit they were wrong everyone doubles down on the nonsense.

We don't know if it's a mistake or not though. It's week 4. As the Fat One said, plenty of teams have had hot starts just to shit the bed later. Also, people weren't saying it was a bad deal because of the Vikings, they said it was a bad deal because Sam Bradford is a mediocre quarterback at absolute best and history often says to us that mediocre quarterbacks don't win Super Bowls.

The exception of course is when said mediocre quarterback is sitting on top of a monster defense, but let's be honest, did even Vikings fans have any idea the D would be this dominant?

Top Bottom